Unclean

Different way of going about fixing ARMAS

Instead of going through and changing the ungodly prices in ARMAs marketplace, why not just make it to where when we buy G1c, we get more "bang for our buck"?

So instead of getting 816 G1c for 10 usd, we'd end up getting more.. maybe even triple it, and it'd still be around modern prices. So 10usd=~2400 G1c

Seems like it would be a lot easier, and it'd be easier to go about giving people who have already spent amounts of money something back (they'd get the difference)

And as people are saying, some things in the market place are more fair than others, but the unfair prices drastically drown out the fair prices

Edited by Unclean
Clarifying that I mean premium currency and not premium play

58 minutes ago, Unclean said:

Instead of going through and changing the ungodly prices in ARMAs marketplace, why not just make it to where when we buy premium currency, we get more "bang for our buck"?

Seems like it would be a lot easier, and it'd be easier to go about giving people who have already spent amounts of money something back (they'd get the difference)

i think that would only further the p2w image, plus forcing your freemium players to buy premium whenever they want to buy clothes or cars or get stuck with insane prices isnt a great idea imo

they would also probably be far less likely to hand out a surplus of premium codes in the future if they so drastically affect pricing

Because 1. there's a lot of weird oddities in pricing currently, and 2. not all things are equally poorly priced.

Example 1: The Shredder SB R&D III is inexplicably the most expensive stand-alone gun on ARMAS at just over $60, despite almost universally being considered a sub-par gun, and not being especially fancy.

Example 2: LO might think that Premium currently has a fair price, but wants to take down the prices of guns.

2 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Because 1. there's a lot of weird oddities in pricing currently, and 2. not all things are equally poorly priced.

Well, that's true.. but the list of things that are fair are drastically outweighed by the things that are unfairly priced..

8 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i think that would only further the p2w image, plus forcing your freemium players to buy premium whenever they want to buy clothes or cars or get stuck with insane prices isnt a great idea imo

they would also probably be far less likely to hand out a surplus of premium codes in the future if they so drastically affect pricing

How would raising the amount of currency you get from supporting the game further the fake p2w image? It wouldn't change anything except for lower all pricing.. If anything, I'd see higher prices on weapons more p2w because a free player could use the excuse that a paid player had to use $60 to get ahead of someone else.. If they lower the cost of everything, it's going to do the exact same thing, but it's going to be more difficult and take more time to do so in the long run.

5 minutes ago, Unclean said:

Well, that's true.. but the list of things that are fair are drastically outweighed by the things that are unfairly priced..

How would raising the amount of currency you get from supporting the game further the fake p2w image? It wouldn't change anything except for lower all pricing.. If anything, I'd see higher prices on weapons more p2w because a free player could use the excuse that a paid player had to use $60 to get ahead of someone else.. If they lower the cost of everything, it's going to do the exact same thing, but it's going to be more difficult and take more time to do so in the long run.

Because one could argue that a player gets even more benefits over a F2P player if they can afford Premium. Lower Armas prices in general helps everyone and helps the Armas image. Lower prices for strictly premium users ONLY benefits premium users, and hurts the Armas image from a F2P perspective.

In other words, you're only giving benefits to those who can afford to pay, while basically kicking the F2P players to the curb and not giving them any benefits as well. I'm a premium player and even I realize this.

Either lower Armas prices in general, or lower the prices of Premium itself. That's the only options I see.

4 minutes ago, Unclean said:

oh my bad i read that as "buying premium gets us more bang for our buck", sperged out hard there

but yeah as kewlin said the armas prices themselves are all over the place, while increasing the amount of g1c you get per dollar across the board would effectively "lower" prices it wouldnt do anything to fix underlying issues like, as mentioned, the shredder being the most expensive gun on armas for no apparent reason

12 minutes ago, DarkRider400 said:

Because one could argue that a player gets even more benefits over a F2P player if they can afford Premium. Lower Armas prices in general helps everyone and helps the Armas image. Lower prices for strictly premium users ONLY benefits premium users, and hurts the Armas image from a F2P perspective.

In other words, you're only giving benefits to those who can afford to pay, while basically kicking the F2P players to the curb and not giving them any benefits as well. I'm a premium player and even I realize this.

Either lower Armas prices in general, or lower the prices of Premium itself. That's the only options I see.

Maybe I need to re-word the original post lol.. I'm not talking about Premium play and what premium does. I'm talking about premium currency as in G1C.. I'll edit it lol

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Unclean said:

Maybe I need to re-word the original post lol.. I'm not talking about Premium play and what premium does. I'm talking about premium currency as in G1C.. I'll edit it lol

Ooooh okay, that changes things lol 😛

I mean I guess getting more G1C with a purchase could help. But at the same time like others mentioned, it wouldn't do much to affect the actual wildly out-of-place armas prices. Maybe a bit of both worlds wouldn't be a bad idea.

Armas Marketplace doesn't need any changes Just Nerf some of the stuff so it doesn't get considered as P2W

Add guns to the contacts that meets guns like ISSR-NSSW-Colby.45 Ap-Cobra-Etc.... With diffrent models for F2P Players

and Adjusting some prices to courage players to pay for stuff that is only Reskins And Everything will be just fine

26 minutes ago, Nijavid said:

Armas Marketplace doesn't need any changes Just Nerf some of the stuff so it doesn't get considered as P2W

Add guns to the contacts that meets guns like ISSR-NSSW-Colby.45 Ap-Cobra-Etc.... With diffrent models for F2P Players

and Adjusting some prices to courage players to pay for stuff that is only Reskins And Everything will be just fine

ARMAS pricing is super outdated. No one is paying these insane prices for permanent guns in f2p games anymore.. usually you pay about 10-15 usd for a permanent weapon and like 60 usd for something that might only be obtainable from lootboxes otherwise. 

Back in 2010-2013 people played more because games like combat arms and apb were making up the standard. Now people are smart and have realized not everyone can afford a 50 usd gun, but people might throw down 10 usd for a gun and the people who would have dropped 50 usd still do, but get more

15 minutes ago, Unclean said:

ARMAS pricing is super outdated. No one is paying these insane prices for permanent guns in f2p games anymore.. usually you pay about 10-15 usd for a permanent weapon and like 60 usd for something that might only be obtainable from lootboxes otherwise. 

Back in 2010-2013 people played more because games like combat arms and apb were making up the standard. Now people are smart and have realized not everyone can afford a 50 usd gun, but people might throw down 10 usd for a gun and the people who would have dropped 50 usd still do, but get more

i mentioned the they need to Adjust some prices and you totally have a point 60$ For a gun is a robbery 

Completely agree with previous posters. ARMAS prices are all over the place. Overall the prices are way too high. Some bad weapons cost a fortune while some of the good ones are on the lower end. Many ARMAS pictures are also misleading, for example they are displaying wrong mods. LO should probably completely revamp all the prices so they would make sense instead of having the mess that we have right now. if I could get 2 or maybe by some chance even 3 account wide guns for 60 $ which you pay for a single one right now I would be happy.

Edited by Thial

8 hours ago, Unclean said:

Instead of going through and changing the ungodly prices in ARMAs marketplace, why not just make it to where when we buy G1c, we get more "bang for our buck"?

So instead of getting 816 G1c for 10 usd, we'd end up getting more.. maybe even triple it, and it'd still be around modern prices. So 10usd=~2400 G1c

And as people are saying, some things in the market place are more fair than others, but the unfair prices drastically drown out the fair prices

If some players get the difference back from LO then their G1C would skyrocket. 

e.g. a person spend around $500 on armas, they would get (2400-800= 1600x50= 80000G1C). And $500 is rookie numbers to some. 😅

5 hours ago, TheFreelancer said:

If some players get the difference back from LO then their G1C would skyrocket. 

e.g. a person spend around $500 on armas, they would get (2400-800= 1600x50= 80000G1C). And $500 is rookie numbers to some. 😅

yeah, I think I've probably spent almost 2,000 usd if not more.. I feel like people who invested into their accounts shouldn't feel like they were ripped off by supporting the game before the new owners.. in time, no matter how much people have spent, there will be more to buy..

In response to @Unclean I think people are going to feel cheated regardless. They do seem to want to adjust prices and overhaul Armas, so someone somewhere is bound to be pissed that they could’ve bought it for cheaper. I can’t count how many times I’ve bought a game and it’s gone on sale a few days after I bought it.

But in terms of the micro transactions in this game,  I think Little Orbit needs to research and have a real discussion about what microtransaction models make for a successful game and what’s worked for other games that were struggling and what is able to breathe life back into a game. I mean we can say to just do cosmetics but maybe that model doesn’t necessarily work in their favor financially.

i personally don’t like that some weapons are behind a pay wall, would’ve rather bought something that gives me “free” access to those without Joker tickets or G1 credits. But again, its up to LO to figure this out and us to point them in the direction of things that have been proven to work.