Niilyn

LO is doing a great job.

18 minutes ago, Niilyn said:

I've never seen anyone deny a straight up fact this hard.

I counted myself. people in discord with me got to hear how i was happy about it.

If you don't want to believe me fine go right ahead but considering the rest of your posts I don't think you'll believe anyone on this thread.

You mentioned DDoS since the beginning of the year yet Little Orbit bought G1 around may 5th i believe. Not Little Orbits fault for DDoS attacks. nice way for you to blame a victim

8 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

oversimplifying the effects of incredibly low population due to several factors wont suddenly make open conflict relevant, the district was lucky to have ramraiders in it on servers with manageable player numbers

han is gone anyways

^ this

Just now, Niilyn said:

In case you didn't know the threat lock system we use for apb was very very bad for Han's low player base (20 or so) so they played in OC.

wasn't it G1 who made that? long before Little Orbit arrived. and they are already working on  matchmaking and threat along with the engine upgrade.

once again you're blaming little orbit for what someone else did? sigh

gun balance? yeah they made a mistake with that. and then they reverted it because they kept trying to fix it with new ideas. did you come up with new ideas feasible to use? its not so easy to do.

3 minutes ago, Niilyn said:

The blind support will not make the game better.

and vague unconstructive naysaying is any better?

• Like 2

Nevermind. Not worth my time.

Edited by ShadowXS
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, ShadowXS said:

Nevermind. Not worth my time.

you already typed out the whole novel tho 

while i appreciate your nomination of me for king shitposter, you might have a real shot at the title if you keep confusing pointing out perceived flaws in someone’s argument with ignoring facts and throating little orbit 

there’s a weird sense of deja vu now that this has become a shitty knockoff of your own thread a while back

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

3 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Cherry-Picker-Logo1.jpg

Yes post a image instead of admitting you were wrong about what happened to IR, very good talk.

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I counted myself. people in discord with me got to hear how i was happy about it.

If you don't want to believe me fine go right ahead but considering the rest of your posts I don't think you'll believe anyone on this thread.

You mentioned DDoS since the beginning of the year yet Little Orbit bought G1 around may 5th i believe. Not Little Orbits fault for DDoS attacks. nice way for you to blame a victim

^ this

wasn't it G1 who made that? long before Little Orbit arrived. and they are already working on  matchmaking and threat along with the engine upgrade.

gun balance? yeah they made a mistake with that. and then they reverted it because they kept trying to fix it with new ideas. did you come up with new ideas feasible to use? its not so easy to do.

First off if you knew how to read you would be able to tell in my quote I was talking about how there were more players during the DDoS than there are now. Ive also said multiple times in this thread I am not comparing LO to G1 like how dense are you? I love when people come to the forums to not read anything and post mindless nonsense because someone had the slightest bit of criticism. 2W4OZec.png

Edited by Niilyn
that person brain work real good

Just now, Niilyn said:

First is you knew how to read you would be able to tell in my quote I was talking about how there were more players during the DDoS than there are now. Ive also said multiple times in this thread I am not comparing LO to G1 like how dense are you? I love when people come to the forums to not read anything and post mindless nonsense because someone had the slightest bit of criticism.

you twist things way too much to suit your dark view.

I read your posts a few times to see if I missed much and nope just you saying one thing  now while saying another thing earlier differently so  *shrugs*

Dense enough to not be weak minded perhaps? Got a problem with that too bad.

Stating that some of the things you blame Little orbit to be responsible for when it was G1 is not saying you are comparing them but it is saying you blamed someone innocent for for someone else did.

If stating this still does not make sense I wold suggest English lessons and a good tutor maybe some counseling as well me thinks

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

I read your posts a few times to see if I missed much and nope just you saying one thing  now while saying another thing earlier differently so  *shrugs*

Stating that some of the things you blame Little orbit to be responsible for when it was G1 is not saying you are comparing them but it is saying you blamed someone innocent for for someone else did.

If stating this still does not make sense I wold suggest English lessons and a good tutor maybe some counseling as well me thinks

I twist my words? I put a screencap right there for you to realize your own error which of course, you could not.

I never once put blame on anyone for the attacks only said there were more players playing during that time literally nothing more. Nor have I talked about anything other than the DDoS attacks that took place prior to the LO take over.
So G1 and not LO broke IR?
So G1 and not LO broke the neutral item missions?
So G1 and not LO broke the car radar?
G1 did all of this post to the LO take over right? Wrong
I'm not wrongly blaming anyone guy sorry *shrugs* 

Ps. you know that the population char are just bots in the game that constantly record the player count right?
Or do you not understand how that works either?

Just let the game die already. Even Epic Games company wouldn't revive it at this point.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, liav said:

Just let the game die already. Even Epic Games company wouldn't revive it at this point.

He speak the tru tru

7 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

they didn't steal open conflict.

even g1 had to remove it for the horseman event for Halloween because the current menu can not handle more

also if you read the forums and commented more then you would of seen the threads on  how with  the current engine you can fix one thing then break two from it.

sure not everything went according to plan but with the mess this game has been for 10 years now did you think it would be easy?

sorry you don't like the Halloween event but a lot of us are there enjoying it.

and MattScott has to travel hes the CEO  with multiple offices to go to and business meetings etc. its literally his job *shrugs*

7 hours ago, Niilyn said:

OC has been gone for ages, long before Halloween.

If you were someone working on a game wouldn't you think SOME kinda play testing at all should be done before these things go live?
Wouldn't you maybe play the game for a few hundred hours before updating parts of the game and breaking stuff that needed no fix to begin with? Example: neutral item missions suddenly ending instead of progressing to the next stage.

And are you kidding me about the event? They had to add a log in reward to give players skins because the objectives were too skewered in some cases. 

Why White Knight? If you care about APB why not voice your distaste for our games current state.

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

300+ on Jericho  when i counted the other day. (its been 150 ish lately before event)

no idea about citadel sorry.

edit :  was typing in discord as well clicked the wrong window - fixed now

4 hours ago, Niilyn said:

Im sorry but that is just not true https://will.io/apb/

At no point did it tap 300 yesterday.

I counted myself and some 3rd party doesnt equal truth.

Theres no guarantee they are accurate jsut as you say I am innacurate

However I was talking to clan mates when I counted and was happy about it. Then they came on APB because of it and the event going on and  even  old clan who stopped playing came on *shrugs*

agreed but what if players make some? is there anyone known for doing a good job at them? I dont know whos around still and im skeptical if its worth them doing it or not either

and how old is APB? wow blaming them for that even? sigh

4 hours ago, Niilyn said:

I've never seen anyone deny a straight up fact this hard.

Of course there are, but the way things look now it seems as if no testing at all what so ever was done in any way. Nice false assumption and please dont try to make this into G1 v LO because this is not my point at all. In my opinion both (as of now) did a sub-par job caring for this game

I guess you never played on Han before it closed, just because YOU didn't use OC doesn't mean No one did.

honestly I saw alot of complaints for both of our arguments so it's about 50/50 The only people who know the real answer are LO.

3 hours ago, Niilyn said:

If you think the game is too old to be held to a higher standard then I struggle to believe you want the game to improve at all. What about at the start of this year when NA was under a non stop DDoS attack and there were still more people playing on constant packet loss and high ping. These issues are more recent.

You realize that IR was giving negative stats for awhile right? Like it was actually broken. Like instead of +7m it was -7m
I'm just going to assume you don't actually play apb.

x3

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

^ this

14 minutes ago, Niilyn said:

Yes post a image instead of admitting you were wrong about what happened to IR, very good talk.

First off if you knew how to read you would be able to tell in my quote I was talking about how there were more players during the DDoS than there are now. Ive also said multiple times in this thread I am not comparing LO to G1 like how dense are you? I love when people come to the forums to not read anything and post mindless nonsense because someone had the slightest bit of criticism. 2W4OZec.png

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Just now, Niilyn said:

I twist my words? I put a screencap right there for you to realize your own error which of course, you could not.

I never once put blame on anyone for the attacks only said there were more players playing during that time literally nothing more. Nor have I talked about anything other than the DDoS attacks that took place prior to the LO take over.
So G1 and not LO broke IR?
So G1 and not LO broke the neutral item missions?
So G1 and not LO broke the car radar?
G1 did all of this post to the LO take over right? Wrong
I'm not wrongly blaming anyone guy sorry *shrugs* 

Ps. you know that the population char are just bots in the game that constantly record the player count right?
Or do you not understand how that works either?

Did I miss anything between you and I? You twisted my words regularly to scream you are right and everyone else on this thread is wrong.

Sure you are entitled to your dark  view of an opinion  but you know what we are entitled to our opinions as well.

and unlike you I didn't twist words to demand someone is wrong.

Get off that defensive grudge you have and smell some flowers outside or something you need it *waves*

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Did I miss anything between you and I? You twisted my words regularly to scream you are right and everyone else on this thread is wrong.

Sure you are entitled to your dark  view of an opinion  but you know what we are entitled to our opinions as well.

Get off that defensive grudge you have and smell some flowers outside or something you need it *waves*

Yikes!
You seem really angry about your inability to argue against facts, which is kinda like tying to beat up a brick wall with just your face.(Impossible btw)

I'm going to go ahead and let you calm down before you quote every single post in the thread.

Edited by Niilyn

Just now, Niilyn said:

Yikes!
You seem really angry about your inability to argue against facts, which is kinda like tying to beat up a brick wall with just your face.(Impossible btw)

I'm going to go ahead and let you calm down before you quote every single post in the thread.

Not even close to being angry.  Too busy doing a facepalm to you.

You posted misleading comments and many  people called you out for that.

Has even one person agreed with you the way you are stating it? Not that I seen.

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

clearly states why I posted them yet you want to twist it to your warped agenda again.

7 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

they didn't steal open conflict.

even g1 had to remove it for the horseman event for Halloween because the current menu can not handle more

also if you read the forums and commented more then you would of seen the threads on  how with  the current engine you can fix one thing then break two from it.

sure not everything went according to plan but with the mess this game has been for 10 years now did you think it would be easy?

sorry you don't like the Halloween event but a lot of us are there enjoying it.

and MattScott has to travel hes the CEO  with multiple offices to go to and business meetings etc. its literally his job *shrugs*

still stands

I have the feeling dat when certain people tired of ddosin the servers start posting after dat sht topics on forums.Just to keep the phresh going..

I dont get why ppl came here to beg the game to die(maybe these are the ddos kids). Just dont play It then.

LO is doing their best to improve this game with less than a year of acquisition. They've made mistakes but thats where learning come from.

Open Conflict has been consistently empty for as long as it's been around and suddenly it being gone is a problem?

I don't think they are clueless, but they are just making the same exact mistakes that G1 did. Even if they are more caring about the players, they are still making the wrong choices for the game.

The only reasonable action to do would be to admit the game has made its time already, take the good things of it, and translate it into the next APB game. it's a complete waste of time and resources to try repairing something that is obsolete and, lets be honest, only going to get worse and worse as time passes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

say what you want but this game is dead as shit now - there's not even one full district on citadel when there used to be several even when G1 was at their lowest.

This was the trend from the beginning. Look at the graphs when G1 owned this game. It went from 6000 peak to 1000 peak on a good day. Don't kid yourself.

7 hours ago, Niilyn said:

No, you just discovered my secret; I don't play APB.

12 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

300+ on Jericho  when i counted the other day. (its been 150 ish lately before event)

no idea about citadel sorry.

edit :  was typing in discord as well clicked the wrong window - fixed now

314 on November 3rd but back down to ~300 rather quickly, only took less than a day for that hype to die out. November 9th there was 292 though, so we're getting there.

15 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

say what you want but this game is dead as shit now - there's not even one full district on citadel when there used to be several even when G1 was at their lowest.

There were 4 full dists on Thursday alone and there are 738 players on EU right now. Alright though, let's act like those numbers don't exist and there aren't 4 full districts currently if that's what you desire.

I'm not saying LO is perfect or that they have done a good job, it often feels like 2 steps forward 3 steps back, but I do appreciate Matt's communication and the constant attempts to repair the mistakes they make. I think weapon balance needs to be pushed off until they actually know what they want to do with weapons and then just do a huge overhaul all at once, rather than these little by little changes that they've made here and there.

If you talk about the game's age as a reason for the game being as dead as it is, you are an idiot. Period. What about WoW? FFXIV? FFXI? The hundreds, even thousands of other games far older than APB that are, to this day, alive and kicking? FFXI has been around since 2002 and has a larger player base than APB. Game age is not an excuse.

Edited by Similarities

16 hours ago, Niilyn said:

OC has been gone for ages, long before Halloween.

If you were someone working on a game wouldn't you think SOME kinda play testing at all should be done before these things go live?
Wouldn't you maybe play the game for a few hundred hours before updating parts of the game and breaking stuff that needed no fix to begin with? Example: neutral item missions suddenly ending instead of progressing to the next stage.

And are you kidding me about the event? They had to add a log in reward to give players skins because the objectives were too skewered in some cases. 

Why White Knight? If you care about APB why not voice your distaste for our games current state.

At this point you'd probably call everything you don't want to hear "White Knighting". It's their very first seasonal event and instead of recycling the same old boring Headless Horseman event for the forth time they decided to change things up and make something new. Other than rewards distribution the event's been rather fun IMO (white knighting comments inc).

Using daily events to progress through roles was a horrible idea though. It probably would've been better to use what Baylan uses.

Open conflict has been dead for a long long while now, and its initial purpose has never been fulfilled because pre-LO G1 did nothing with it. OC existed to gather data on how to improve matchmaking, but since after a good long year of its existence not a single change has been made to matchmaking I'm surprised they even kept it up. Probably they were just too lazy to make changes to the district select Ui. 

Pre-LO G1 broke many things aswell and eventually they did nothing for 2 years. I agree things should be tested more thoroughly before pushing it to live, but with the current engine it's not really surprising that things break. If you're still getting upset about that in this exact year I honestly feel quite bad for you.