LO is doing a great job.

first shotguns
then IR
Then Shotguns again
car radar broke 
You stole Open conflict
Back to IR
Ruined Halloween 
Now Missions are bugging out and giving win/loss for neutral item grabs mid mission.

Did I mention radar still isn't working?

When is Mattscott going stop visiting places around the world and do something to the game they bought?

Since the take over so far no positive working changes aside from BE and a trade system, and from the way it looks to me NA has only lost players since these 2 "positive" changes.

• Like 7

Honestly by this point I think they are totally clueless, this game will be dead within the year.

Edited by TheDogCatcher
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

they didn't steal open conflict.

even g1 had to remove it for the horseman event for Halloween because the current menu can not handle more

also if you read the forums and commented more then you would of seen the threads on  how with  the current engine you can fix one thing then break two from it.

sure not everything went according to plan but with the mess this game has been for 10 years now did you think it would be easy?

sorry you don't like the Halloween event but a lot of us are there enjoying it.

and MattScott has to travel hes the CEO  with multiple offices to go to and business meetings etc. its literally his job *shrugs*

• Like 5

say what you want but this game is dead as shit now - there's not even one full district on citadel when there used to be several even when G1 was at their lowest.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Niilyn said:

first shotguns
then IR
Then Shotguns again

Weapon balance is complicated, even they have admitted to being overly hasty about some of the changes. Also, yeah lets totally go and forget about all the other weapons that got improvements during their first weapon balance.

24 minutes ago, Niilyn said:

You stole Open conflict

Do you honestly care? With how empty those districts always were I don't think you (or anyone else for that matter) really do.

25 minutes ago, Niilyn said:

Ruined Halloween

a) Halloween is a culture thing that's bigger than one game so I dunno how LO could "ruin" it, and b) Rough as it was I still prefer the new mode to doing headless horseman season #356781 (or something like that I lost count) again.

27 minutes ago, Niilyn said:

Now Missions are bugging out and giving win/loss for neutral item grabs mid mission.

I haven't played all the affected missions but from what I have seen the stage just times out and it progresses to the next stage.

28 minutes ago, Niilyn said:

When is Mattscott going stop visiting places around the world and do something to the game they bought?

It isn't hard to guess that he travels that much because the company teams are spread across different continents. You want to him to what, stop showing up in person to communicate with his teams? That would make things worse, not better.

• Like 10

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

they didn't steal open conflict.

even g1 had to remove it for the horseman event for Halloween because the current menu can not handle more

also if you read the forums and commented more then you would of seen the threads on  how with  the current engine you can fix one thing then break two from it.

sure not everything went according to plan but with the mess this game has been for 10 years now did you think it would be easy?

sorry you don't like the Halloween event but a lot of us are there enjoying it.

and MattScott has to travel hes the CEO  with multiple offices to go to and business meetings etc. its literally his job *shrugs*

OC has been gone for ages, long before Halloween.

If you were someone working on a game wouldn't you think SOME kinda play testing at all should be done before these things go live?
Wouldn't you maybe play the game for a few hundred hours before updating parts of the game and breaking stuff that needed no fix to begin with? Example: neutral item missions suddenly ending instead of progressing to the next stage.

And are you kidding me about the event? They had to add a log in reward to give players skins because the objectives were too skewered in some cases. 

Why White Knight? If you care about APB why not voice your distaste for our games current state.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Niilyn said:

Why White Knight? If you care about APB why not voice your distaste for our games current state.

Because your distaste is not grounded in reality. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Because your distaste is not grounded in reality. 

So none of the things I listed above happened, or are happening in game?

• Like 1

It can be frustrating, the current state of the game. We only gained like 8 players on average with the new game mode. Missions are more broke than they've been in some time. And yeah, its a bit frustrating that little good has yet come of weapon balance. 

8 minutes ago, Niilyn said:

So none of the things I listed above happened, or are happening in game?

You're treating your point of view as facts in portraying LO's efforts in a negative light and trying to bend ours to see it fit your pov or simply desire some sort of anti-LO echo chamber. 

Presenting the reality of the situation is not White Knighting for LO. 

• Like 1

Just now, KnifuWaifu said:

You're treating your point of view as facts in portraying LO's efforts in a negative light and trying to bend ours to see it fit your pov or simply desire some sort of anti-LO echo chamber. 

Presenting the reality of the situation is not White Knighting for LO. 

But are Missions ending early for no reason? Yes https://clips.twitch.tv/ClumsyTameTubersFloof (happens alot)
Is Car radar working? No, Dont need a clip for this one ask anyone
Did they break IR for awhile? Yes, Read patch notes
Did they hurt the over all gameplay experience via a weapon balance patch they weren't yet experienced enough to deal with? Yes 
Is the APB:R at a all time low? Yes, Look at population.
Is Open conflict gone? Yes

All of my points are valid and about the game which means my distaste is most definitely grounded in reality. 
Please try to stay on topic instead of attacking me, You might be taken seriously that way. 

• Like 1

itt: posting misleading “facts” without bothering to look at underlying reasons and outside factors

breaking new ground here 

• Like 4

Just now, BXNNXD said:

itt: posting misleading “facts” without bothering to look at underlying reasons and outside factors

breaking new ground here 

How are they misleading? Are these things happening or are they not?
I can post many many more clips screenshots and proof that this is the current state of the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

say what you want but this game is dead as shit now - there's not even one full district on citadel when there used to be several even when G1 was at their lowest.

300+ on Jericho  when i counted the other day. (its been 150 ish lately before event)

no idea about citadel sorry.

edit :  was typing in discord as well clicked the wrong window - fixed now

Edited by Fortune Runner

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

300+ on Jericho  yesterday when i counted the other day. (its been 150 ish lately before event)

no idea about citadel sorry.

Im sorry but that is just not true https://will.io/apb/

At no point did it tap 300 yesterday.

Edited by Niilyn
  • Like 1

I enjoy the new Halloween event.

The only really annoying part is the lack of event related missions imo.
Having only one daily mission is simply too little and discourages people to continue after they've completed it.

Oh, and it sucks they decided to sell the devil wings for g1c - imo they belonged as a "rare" item collectible by those who bothered.

@MattScott Imo next steps should be:
Leave weapon balance alone for awhile and focus on other things - you'll get the hang of weapons with time.
1) Do another armas revamp of prices (they are still ridiculous ... look at other online games and their prices for skins and bundles and now compare to an almost dead game and ask yourselves, why on earth

you think people will risk paying such steep prices for a product they fear might be gone within next 6-12 months). 
2) Do good deals on premium and perhaps offer it freely for awhile to incentivise players to hop on and give the game another go and even possibly get some who wouldn't pay the old prices, hooked

on premium enough that they'll re-buy after the free period, but at a new much lower priced offer.
3) Use 1 and 2 and your new trade system (which imo is great) and the install of BE + better ddos mitigation, as advertisement materials to reach out and try bring players back.
(if you could perhaps get someone to talk to Summit1g to persuade him into giving the game a chance one night just, it'd bring a lot of eyes on these new changes/things) and of course you should 

have like 5 invisible gms following him anywhere and removing griefers before they even get the chance=P for the sake of your game looking as pleasant as possible and being playable for the dude.

If possible, get someone to make another cool APB video, show-casing designs with premium and the new trade-system, plus some cool action/fighting and such of course.
Perhaps just shortly, you could show how vast APB is in a sense, by having a player doing a trade with the new system for some decals and then next scene it shows him using those decals in the designer box

to create a cool looking clan logo on his outfit or something (idendity is cool etc blah blah^^), next scene you see him designing his car with similar clan logo and then next it's where he's fighting other

players in some action packed scene, he probably gets killed and camera pans to the player killing him, who also looks cool with his own unique design/idendity. Just to show the diversity of APB and

the extent people can shape and design their characters and SEE them out in action vs other players.

These are not hard things to do imho and they won't take time away from any teams working on UE 3.5, since it's all related to simply marketing, pricing and using what you already have readily available.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Niilyn said:

first shotguns
then IR
Then Shotguns again
[snip]
Back to IR

balance is an ongoing process, let alone the fact that youve decided to ignore the other weapons that were tweaked

car radar broke

busted

You stole Open conflict

im sure we'll all miss the "matchmaking data" being gathered from the 0 v 0 population districts

Ruined Halloween

subjective at best, theres been plenty of "decent event" posts

busted

yup lets sit the ceo down and have him code game updates fantastic idea

If you were someone working on a game wouldn't you think SOME kinda play testing at all should be done before these things go live?
Wouldn't you maybe play the game for a few hundred hours before updating parts of the game and breaking stuff that needed no fix to begin with? Example: neutral item missions suddenly ending instead of progressing to the next stage.

theres almost always discrepancies between testing and live, i take it you're too new to remember things like the disappearing carspawners under g1 - back when they actually bothered patching the game

They had to add a log in reward to give players skins because the objectives were too skewered in some cases. 

pretty sure they added the log in reward because players were asking for all 3 skins, would have been pretty easy for orbit to tell us to kick rocks like g1 might have

6 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

[snip]

any kind of advertising now will be a complete waste since theres very little new content and the underlying problems of apb (stability and accessibility) havent been addressed yet 

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 3

Just now, Niilyn said:

Im sorry but that is just not true https://will.io/apb/

I counted myself and some 3rd party doesnt equal truth.

Theres no guarantee they are accurate jsut as you say I am innacurate

However I was talking to clan mates when I counted and was happy about it. Then they came on APB because of it and the event going on and  even  old clan who stopped playing came on *shrugs*

Just now, BXNNXD said:

any kind of advertising now will be a complete waste since theres very little new content and the underlying problems of apb (stability and accessibility) havent been addressed yet 

agreed but what if players make some? is there anyone known for doing a good job at them? I dont know whos around still and im skeptical if its worth them doing it or not either

2 hours ago, Niilyn said:

Is the APB:R at a all time low? Yes, Look at population.

and how old is APB? wow blaming them for that even? sigh

13 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I counted myself and some 3rd party doesnt equal truth.

Theres no guarantee they are accurate jsut as you say I am innacurate

However I was talking to clan mates when I counted and was happy about it. Then they came on APB because of it and the event going on and  even  old clan who stopped playing came on *shrugs*

I've never seen anyone deny a straight up fact this hard.

14 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

theres almost always discrepancies between testing and live, i take it you're too new to remember things like the disappearing carspawners under g1 - back when they actually bothered patching the game

Of course there are, but the way things look now it seems as if no testing at all what so ever was done in any way. Nice false assumption and please dont try to make this into G1 v LO because this is not my point at all. In my opinion both (as of now) did a sub-par job caring for this game

im sure we'll all miss the "matchmaking data" being gathered from the 0 v 0 population districts

I guess you never played on Han before it closed, just because YOU didn't use OC doesn't mean No one did.

pretty sure they added the log in reward because players were asking for all 3 skins, would have been pretty easy for orbit to tell us to kick rocks like g1 might have

honestly I saw alot of complaints for both of our arguments so it's about 50/50 The only people who know the real answer are LO.

Edited by Niilyn

12 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

agreed but what if players make some? is there anyone known for doing a good job at them? I dont know whos around still and im skeptical if its worth them doing it or not either

i think its doubtful that player-made "advertising" would go very far beyond the existing community tbh, and it wouldnt change the fact that the big issues have yet to be fully tackled

All of my points are valid and about the game which means my distaste is most definitely grounded in reality. 

No, you're wording them in ways to make them appear negative and using hyperbole which puts them out of reality. 

Ruined Halloween 

No, they did not "ruin" anything, they added a new event with new and refreshing gameplay and gave away more prizes than any other event I've seen in a while. What part of that ruined anyone's Halloween? Was the 31st of October actually destroyed for you as a holiday thanks to direct actions taken by LO? Is Halloween now seen as some sort of dark mark on history thanks to a single event in a tiny MMORPG? That statement is so far out of the bounds of reality 

They're not happening in the way you're describing them. 

Did they break IR for awhile? Yes.

They did not brake IR, they changed it.

If you followed the posts and acknowledged other points of view, you'd see their reasons as to why IR LO thought IR needed the change, their thoughts before during and after the process. And despite that, they reverted the changes anyway, which shows that they actually care about player feedback, turning this into a negative strike against LO just doesn't make sense.

Please try to stay on topic instead of attacking me, You might be taken seriously that way. 

You started it by attacking anyone with a pov opposing yours, which shows you were just here to get an echo chamber of anti-LO views. 

16 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

and how old is APB? wow blaming them for that even? sigh

If you think the game is too old to be held to a higher standard then I struggle to believe you want the game to improve at all. What about at the start of this year when NA was under a non stop DDoS attack and there were still more people playing on constant packet loss and high ping. These issues are more recent.

6 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

They did not brake IR, they changed it.

You realize that IR was giving negative stats for awhile right? Like it was actually broken. Like instead of +7m it was -7m
I'm just going to assume you don't actually play apb.

x3

Edited by Niilyn
lmao

3 minutes ago, Niilyn said:

Of course there are, but the way things look now it seems as if no testing at all what so ever was done in any way. Nice false assumption and please dont try to make this into G1 v LO because this is not my point at all. In my opinion both (as of now) did a sub-par job caring for this game

id assume any QA is pretty limited, and therefore will miss bugs that arent even related to whatever is being patched

false assumption because you act as if unintended patch bugs dont happen to nearly every game

its hard not to see this from a g1 vs lo perspective considering one has actively developed the game in the last 3 years and one hasnt - as good an example of improvement as i can think of

8 minutes ago, Niilyn said:

I guess you never played on Han before it closed, just because YOU didn't use OC doesn't mean No one did.

oversimplifying the effects of incredibly low population due to several factors wont suddenly make open conflict relevant, the district was lucky to have ramraiders in it on servers with manageable player numbers

han is gone anyways

13 minutes ago, Niilyn said:

honestly I saw alot of complaints for both of our arguments so it's about 50/50 The only people who know the real answer are LO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

id assume any QA is pretty limited, and therefore will miss bugs that arent even related to whatever is being patched

false assumption because you act as if unintended patch bugs dont happen to nearly every game

its hard not to see this from a g1 vs lo perspective considering one has actively developed the game in the last 3 years and one hasnt - as good an example of improvement as i can think of

oversimplifying the effects of incredibly low population due to several factors wont suddenly make open conflict relevant, the district was lucky to have ramraiders in it on servers with manageable player numbers

han is gone anyways

Bugs that linger and stay around for a month+ at a time should be unacceptable.

I do my best not to draw the line between LO and G1 unfair for both. Which is why I won't comment on the amount of stuff that G1 broke. No reason in beating a dead horse, i'd rather beat the one on life support ty.

OC deserved to live!! Hate me for it,idc  played there for years when I was looking for a more chill less toxic experience. 

In case you didn't know the threat lock system we use for apb was very very bad for Han's low player base (20 or so) so they played in OC.

The blind support will not make the game better.