Sign in to follow this  
Darkzero3802

Jericho Crashed

@MattScott Jericho just crashed. You guys need to get these servers working cause all these problems have cost many ppl dailies for the halloween event and its not fair at this point its impacting our ability to play and enjoy the event.

@MattScott @Lixil servers came back up but all these server issues have def affected how high of a rank I can get for halloween.

11 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

@MattScott Jericho just crashed. You guys need to get these servers working cause all these problems have cost many ppl dailies for the halloween event and its not fair at this point its impacting our ability to play and enjoy the event.

@MattScott @Lixil servers came back up but all these server issues have def affected how high of a rank I can get for halloween.

Affected how? 

3 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Affected how? 

well at the onstart of the event the arrest bug made it impossible to complete dailies and I had complete 3 matches. I completed 0 due to the bug being abused and no matches actually finishing. Right before the server crashed today I had that same complete 3 matches and the match was going to the park when the server crashed. Now thats an extra match I gota do just for the daily with time I really dont have.

10 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Affected how? 

While it may be a momentary outage, it's a premature end of a game without any winning teams.

The matches have to be restart and for some activities which are best achieved at the final objective, It is still a good 10+ minutes lost on top of the round which was lost.

-edit-

Can I just add that new activities are provided daily and the holiday event is limited in days, with personal real world commitment.

It is quite the grind and demand to achieve all epidemic ranks.

Edited by VickyFox

2 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

While it may be a momentary outage, it's a premature end of a game without any winning teams.

The matches have to be restart and for some activities which are best achieved at the final objective, It is still a good 10+ minutes lost on top of the round which was lost.

10 is being generous, a round normally takes at least 15 and ive seen some go for 30+.

50 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

There is nothing much they can do i think. First, they need to improve the servers infraestructure, not an easy task. Jericho has been under ddos mitigation.

23 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

10 is being generous, a round normally takes at least 15 and ive seen some go for 30+.

had a few last what felt like close to to 45 min because everyone kept killing barrels and barrel stacks.

those matches were fun though lots of people were on.

I think what Darkzero3802 is trying to say is people also have limited time to play from work and school plus cooking dinner for some.

9 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

had a few last what felt like close to to 45 min because everyone kept killing barrels and barrel stacks.

those matches were fun though lots of people were on.

I think what Darkzero3802 is trying to say is people also have limited time to play from work and school plus cooking dinner for some.

Pretty much that. This event is geared for the no lives of APB and the general population (or whoever is left of it) cant enjoy the event, especially when bugs are abused and the servers crash.

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

Pretty much that. This event is geared for the no lives of APB and the general population (or whoever is left of it) cant enjoy the event, especially when bugs are abused and the servers crash.

That reminds me the first two days was so many crashes , lag and other stuff (forget what exactly) that many of us couldn't finish the dailys.

So yeah I am concerned about everyone being able to complete the event because of it.

14 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

That reminds me the first two days was so many crashes , lag and other stuff (forget what exactly) that many of us couldn't finish the dailys.

So yeah I am concerned about everyone being able to complete the event because of it.

I really think they should give everyone those 2 days as a curtesy because of that

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I really think they should give everyone those 2 days as a curtesy because of that

@Lixil

I don't mean to sound rube but on the first day of the Halloween event, many people's daily activities did not work...

That's still a day which I personally couldn't progress on getting the rewards. Don't get me wrong, I still was having fun and played Epidemic because it was a new game mode that brought something fresh with 3 competing faction and multiple territories to capture before one big massive war. I still enjoyed and played it regardless of the rubber-banding lag but despite that, it didn't count toward my Epidemic Ranking and holiday rewards.

Everyone has personal and professional commitments which come first and foremost obviously. While the concept of Epidemic is fresh, intense, chaotically fun... The scale of it means that each match does take a fair bit more time and your usual game and the activities start to feel like a grind in both in-game time and in concurrent days. 

This may not be the best place for it but if there was 2 piece of feedback to give to staff then it would be this:

If an game mode if going to have activity targets linked to longer matches, then please consider the frequency of which new activities are given.

1 activity a day is nice to get/keep people active, but if it may need 30 minutes to complete 1 game and it could take 5 games to complete each day... it does start to feel less enjoyable overall.

Maybe also consider having excess and alternative activities randomised. If everyone gets the same activities in the same order then a good majority are going to be be trying to do the same thing which doesn't give a varied game play. If 70% of all teams are trying to defend, then game play may feel a little unbalanced and not as engaged as it could be.

Once the rank/contact has been completed/maxed, then the previous activities and the other yet unplayed activities can be played for extra (reduced) Joker Tickets ?

-edit-

Apologies for going off with this tangent.

Edited by VickyFox
  • Thanks 1

Funny thing is I had worked all day then put kids to bed, had 40minutes to myself, thought I would play some apb, 3mins later bam *CRashed server*. Seriously if I am going to use this game as down time this needs to stop.

did it actually crash today? i was on most of the day and never got disconnected

Just now, Deftonez said:

did it actually crash today? i was on most of the day and never got disconnected

yeah it did earlier i came on after that so i got lucky

about 14hours ago , everyone warping , rollbacking , terrible hitreg that was unplayable so i stopped playing.

maybe after this server crashed. 

18 hours ago, VickyFox said:

@Lixil

I don't mean to sound rube but on the first day of the Halloween event, many people's daily activities did not work...

That's still a day which I personally couldn't progress on getting the rewards. Don't get me wrong, I still was having fun and played Epidemic because it was a new game mode that brought something fresh with 3 competing faction and multiple territories to capture before one big massive war. I still enjoyed and played it regardless of the rubber-banding lag but despite that, it didn't count toward my Epidemic Ranking and holiday rewards.

Everyone has personal and professional commitments which come first and foremost obviously. While the concept of Epidemic is fresh, intense, chaotically fun... The scale of it means that each match does take a fair bit more time and your usual game and the activities start to feel like a grind in both in-game time and in concurrent days. 

This may not be the best place for it but if there was 2 piece of feedback to give to staff then it would be this:

If an game mode if going to have activity targets linked to longer matches, then please consider the frequency of which new activities are given.

1 activity a day is nice to get/keep people active, but if it may need 30 minutes to complete 1 game and it could take 5 games to complete each day... it does start to feel less enjoyable overall.

Maybe also consider having excess and alternative activities randomised. If everyone gets the same activities in the same order then a good majority are going to be be trying to do the same thing which doesn't give a varied game play. If 70% of all teams are trying to defend, then game play may feel a little unbalanced and not as engaged as it could be.

Once the rank/contact has been completed/maxed, then the previous activities and the other yet unplayed activities can be played for extra (reduced) Joker Tickets ?

-edit-

Apologies for going off with this tangent.

I agree with this. Even do a mix of both where you have the daily activities and the old fashioned grinding achievements that ppl can play and grind for so this way theres sev things to do and it isnt such a letdown/boring.

Sign in to follow this