Keshi

The end of 2018 is near

2 hours ago, Dasimoge said:

Would be great if the OTW Server would be EU sided and not NA sided..

I really hate testing with 200ms and tp lags.

i wouldnt mind 200 or 80ms, i just want to see how "optimized it is"

11 minutes ago, Bellenettiel said:

i am exited to see what they do next, but personally not so much on the engine upgrade. Visually looking the same with some new shaders isn't my thing, i really just like the new content, i want to know how the lore ends, officially.

I just want a stable 144fps and in theory the UE3.5 can help with optimization... only 1 way to find out if true heh

16 minutes ago, Keshi said:

I just want a stable 144fps and in theory the UE3.5 can help with optimization... only 1 way to find out if true heh

silky smooth powerpoint

Two CM's were looking at this thread the other day and didn't say anything. hmmmmm

Edited by TooStrong

4 hours ago, TooStrong said:

Two CM's were looking at this thread the other day and didn't say anything. hmmmmm

We got a second CM? 

Hi all,

A couple of our staff reported this thread to me, but only I can really post an update on this subject. But it will be a couple more days for me to get updates from the team before I can do that.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 11
  • Thanks 8

7 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

A couple of our staff reported this thread to me, but only I can really post an update on this subject. But it will be a couple more days for me to get updates from the team before I can do that.

Thanks,

Matt

Everyone is probaly now excited haha >:)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dasimoge said:

Everyone is probaly now excited haha >:)

I mean every single player in apb has been complaining at the game's performance for so much years of course that is something we all want to know !

Plus this engine upgrade will just clean up the game so much . it will basically open new doors to the future of apb .

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ketog said:

I mean every single player in apb has been complaining at the game's performance for so much years of course that is something we all want to know !

Plus this engine upgrade will just clean up the game so much . it will basically open new doors to the future of apb .

The only thing i want to hear from Matt is, "Yes, UE3.5 will be on OTW end of this year".

1 hour ago, Dasimoge said:

The only thing i want to hear from Matt is, "Yes, UE3.5 will be on OTW end of this year".

Meanwhile I rather hear if they stumble on issues, instead of LO taking the G1 route by promising an ETA and then not delivering. Don't forget the silence when they don't!

2 hours ago, Ketog said:

I remember struggling to play this game on my dualcore 2.2 GHz... damn that was a lagfest, now I have an i5-6500 so it works really smooth, thank God, but NOW I WANT MORE

20 hours ago, MattScott said:

(insert very cool beardy stuff)

Is it Q1 2014 already???

8 hours ago, Dasimoge said:

New Years as a release date would be  awesome if they can.

Great way to bring in the  New Year.

If it's not ready i'd rather be patient of course so there aren't major problems but there will always be bugs so even when we get it I know to report them.

But New Years would be a great way to celebrate the New Year with Little Orbit

11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

New Years as a release date would be  awesome if they can.

Great way to bring in the  New Year.

If it's not ready i'd rather be patient of course so there aren't major problems but there will always be bugs so even when we get it I know to report them.

But New Years would be a great way to celebrate the New Year with Little Orbit

Seriously i actually don't mind if it comes this years.

2k19 January or February would be fine tho.

The only reason I care about 3.5 is that it gets us closer to 4.0.  Course that is a pipe dream right now, like G1 telling us we'd have 3.5 Q1 2014.

Edited by mynd
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dasimoge said:

Seriously i actually don't mind if it comes this years.

2k19 January or February would be fine tho.

Same here , but at the same time that cliche of ringing in the New Year brings in sentimental value to me.

However rushing it is not good I want whats best

5 hours ago, mynd said:

The only reason I care about 3.5 is that it gets us closer to 4.0.  Course that is a pipe dream right now, like G1 telling us we'd have 3.5 Q1 2014.

A pipe dream means its flushed down the toilet.

Impossible to be a pipe dream since Little Orbit has announced that as long as there are no delays 3.5 can possibly be ready by the end of the year.

That means eventually the upgrade after that is getting that much closer.

Inb4 they release that UE3.5 on OTW but you gotta have premium to access it :troll_face:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Szambi said:

Inb4 they release that UE3.5 on OTW but you gotta have premium to access it :troll_face:

I thought this was already stated to be the case?

1 hour ago, Szambi said:

that can change

future is not written

2 hours ago, Szambi said:

Hasn't it been said that was the plan?

6 minutes ago, mynd said:

Hasn't it been said that was the plan?

i thought so too, quick and dirty search found no evidence tho

orbit did lift the premium restriction for all of their otw testing so far, perhaps the trend will continue

13 hours ago, Szambi said:

Why would they put OTW on "premium access".

Just that less peoples test the new UE3.5 ...?

19 minutes ago, Dasimoge said:

or to get some extra money to add for the funds.. i mean i got premium so i dont mind :v

On 11/9/2018 at 11:12 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Matt

Oh alright. Thank you for the response matt. Any news would be nice tho. no rush ^.^

19 minutes ago, Dasimoge said:

or to get some extra money to add for the funds.. i mean i got premium so i dont mind :v

On 11/10/2018 at 2:19 PM, Haganu said:

Meanwhile I rather hear if they stumble on issues, instead of LO taking the G1 route by promising an ETA and then not delivering. Don't forget the silence when they don't!

This. Atleast we are updated with the work they are doing and what is causing delays or anything else. Any news is good for us. Better than going Silent like G1 did

15 minutes ago, Keshi said:

I don't mind either actually..

But if you develope a new engine and you put it on OTW,

you actually want as much people to test it right.

So where is the sense of putting it on "premium access only".

3 hours ago, Dasimoge said:

I don't mind either actually..

But if you develope a new engine and you put it on OTW,

you actually want as much people to test it right.

So where is the sense of putting it on "premium access only".

Although you are correct, i am pretty sure there are a lot of players with premium in the game now both in N.A. and EU that can fill OTW for testing. And that will leave live servers dead so if they leave tem for 2 to 3 days and collect as much data as they can would be fine by me. How ever they do it i just hope that we will be able to test it free or with premium

On 11/10/2018 at 3:12 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Matt

LET'S HEER EET!