Keshi

The end of 2018 is near

I know LO is busy with a lot of stuffs but just wondering if we are getting anything related to UE3.5 this year if still on the table

Too many unpredictable things happened the last half of 2018, so it's normal for the engine update to be postponed for later in 2019.

Edited by Saxtus
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They do not have to do new xmas event.Just recycle the old and i dont mind 3.5 to be in january

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

They do not have to do new xmas event.Just recycle the old and i dont mind 3.5 to be in january

Judging by the halloween event that is like a very new game mode that i kinda did enjoy tbh, recycling xmas event would be fine if it helps speeding up UE3.5 but then again we never know what all is happening atm in the office

Matt has said the engine will be out by the end of Dec. Its not quite the end of Dec yet so buckle up and hang tight.

2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Matt has said the engine will be out by the end of Dec. Its not quite the end of Dec yet so buckle up and hang tight.

he also said that was a very tentative date, i'd lower your expectations

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been wondering what's been happening with UE3.5 for the past month or so now. 

@MattScott, any news? What's happening with the 2 major systems that still had to be worked on? Are they close to being completed? Anything other than "it's being worked on" is welcome. Even if you've stumbled upon issues during the work on it, I'd like to hear. It's better than the silence old G1 gave us for years.

Edited by Haganu

16 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

he also said that was a very tentative date, i'd lower your expectations

He said end of yr so im guna give him a shot at it. I dont see a reason not to right now

I want a snowy financial.

That will be refreshing and fun.

Edited by dett2
  • Like 6

22 hours ago, Keshi said:

Judging by the halloween event that is like a very new game mode that i kinda did enjoy tbh, recycling xmas event would be fine if it helps speeding up UE3.5 but then again we never know what all is happening atm in the office

New events obviously not bringin a lot of people so i dont see the point(halloween is good dou)No point to waste more time when everybody waiting for 3.5.Im not even sure dat 3.5 gonna increase /pop for long period after all this time

Edited by TheMessiah

Considering that the APB population is now at it's lowest point ever ( even worse than the last days of G1 ), if they rush the engine update out to please the fans and it turns out to be full of bugs ( which is a very real possibility ) it could very well be the last nail in the coffin for this game.

That's why I'm playing as much as possible at the moment because I can't see the game lasting much longer if this downward trend continues.

Edited by TheDogCatcher
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

He said end of yr so im guna give him a shot at it. I dont see a reason not to right now

on the OTW wasnt it? not released released.

16 minutes ago, Seadee said:

This is all I could find on it (from the mid-september-update

It is my sincere hope to finish all of this before the end of the year. Just know that there are a million places along the way that might change that schedule.

1 hour ago, Seadee said:

yep, on OTW atleast

15 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

he did say OTW tho

"There might be a chance that we will finish APB UE3.5 end of this year" -ComFeyer

2 minutes ago, Dasimoge said:

"There might be a chance that we will finish APB UE3.5 end of this year" -ComFeyer

Link us up, thats what we been trying to find

1 minute ago, Keshi said:

Link us up, thats what we been trying to find

That was ingame. Not a forum post.

11 minutes ago, Dasimoge said:

A screenshot would have been nice though 

11 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

A screenshot would have been nice though 

Checked my screenshot folder. Didn't made one.

Though why would i, at least 70 peoples read that in the Social District.

He said he would like to get the engine upgrade in a playable state for testing on OTW by the end of the year, not fully release it. I'd wait for more news regarding this, however. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kempington said:

He said he would like to get the engine upgrade in a playable state for testing on OTW by the end of the year, not fully release it. I'd wait for more news regarding this, however. 

Was that from the talk in London?

And let's hope for news sooner rather than later, always nice to hear.

40 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Was that from the talk in London?

And let's hope for news sooner rather than later, always nice to hear.

No it was not. That was from the blog post. I'm not at liberty to talk about anything that was discussed in London.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dasimoge said:

Well i remember reading it on 1 of the milion posts on this forum, somewhere matt commented "on otw by end of 2018" i just cant find it. But i am 100% sure i saw it somewhere

1 hour ago, Kempington said:

^

Would be great if the OTW Server would be EU sided and not NA sided..

I really hate testing with 200ms and tp lags.

i am exited to see what they do next, but personally not so much on the engine upgrade. Visually looking the same with some new shaders isn't my thing, i really just like the new content, i want to know how the lore ends, officially.

• Like 1