ShadowXS

APB Reloaded Trailer

Who remembers this?

Must say, this aged well. To this day it's an impressive trailer. Could do with a revamp during the 'gameplay' scenes, but the rest is still quality. This is how live action trailers ought to be.

• Like 1

please don't remind me this , this is pure cringe , at least to me .

Edited by Ketog
  • Thanks 1

nyKQSnm.jpg

Is this what gameplay looks like in bronze districts?

4 hours ago, Ketog said:

please don't remember this , this is pure cringe , at least to me .

^this, this, a thousand times, this^

• Thanks 1

How about rather than change the gameplay bits, we just make the game actually look decent again? That'd suffice too. The current shaders are just terrible, the color grading is absolutely fucked, everything is blue, and it looks super dull, washed out, and depressing...also bring back tracers, thanks.

Edited by Similarities
  • Like 2

idk

while the concept is cool, the live action scenes only serve to put even more of a spotlight on just how dated the graphics are, and the ingame scenes themselves look just like terrible, unappealing gameplay 

Personally I thought that trailer was super cringey.  It had some popular Youtubers at the time like Tobuscus and Sea Nanners which was interesting.  And like BXNNXD said, the live action scenes only make the gameplay look super dated.  Not to mention the scenes they set up for the firefights with the parked cars as cover, and then miles of empty space in the background just looks lazy.  I still have trouble watching it.

I like this trailer a lot more.  It's more representative of what the game is really about, and the gameplay is just put together a lot better than in the live action trailer.  Not having real life to compare it to, since the game wasn't really meant to look totally realistic to begin with, makes it look a whole lot better, plus it doesn't have that gross moldy looking filter on it that they used in the live action trailer.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BrandonBranderson said:

that gross moldy looking filter on it that they used in the live action trailer.

you mean you don’t like your gameplay videos to look like there’s a severe tornado warning?

O-oh... Gamersfirst made this, not RTW. That explains alot

24 minutes ago, Archon said:

O-oh... Gamersfirst made this, not RTW. That explains alot

]d3d6a4375c.thumb.png.1d2e99d2039d7fd59ec

1 hour ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I like this trailer a lot more.  It's more representative of what the game is really about, and the gameplay is just put together a lot better than in the live action trailer.  Not having real life to compare it to, since the game wasn't really meant to look totally realistic to begin with, makes it look a whole lot better, plus it doesn't have that gross moldy looking filter on it that they used in the live action trailer.

btw its the best song in the whole game!!!

The Live Action trailer is thrilling and great at showing of all the customisation potential but yeah... The live action scenes was not the most complimentary of gameplay footage which is just stage clearly.

It is evident the cinematic live shots and in game footage teams probably didn't have quite the same level of understanding of what each other were doing, exaggerated with the amount of gun fire with the in game footage and showing some of the finest storm trooper aim... Neither live footage and in game footage reflected. The in game foot served to reflect the game overall worse!

I have to say that i always LOVED the cinematic live action segments but it always did just over shadowed the actual gameplay.

-In 3 words: Conflicted, Semi-disconnected(Live), Overcompensating(Game).

The 2009 E3 trailer is brilliant as it brings you into San Paro, It gives off the temptations of ultimate freedom which criminals have, alternating too and from the severity and seriousness for enforcers.

What makes this trailer great is that it's not setting expectations high or trying to build hype, emphasises more on how San Paro war with criminal and enforcement activity is become commonplace, yet not becoming trivialised.

-In 3 words: Corresponding, Immersive, Grit.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, VickyFox said:

The Live Action trailer is thrilling and great at showing of all the customisation potential but yeah... The live action scenes was not the most complimentary of gameplay footage which is just stage clearly.

It is evident the cinematic live shots and in game footage teams probably didn't have quite the same level of understanding of what each other were doing, exaggerated with the amount of gun fire with the in game footage and showing some of the finest storm trooper aim... Neither live footage and in game footage reflected. The in game foot served to reflect the game overall worse!

I have to say that i always LOVED the cinematic live action segments but it always did just over shadowed the actual gameplay.

-In 3 words: Conflicted, Semi-disconnected(Live), Overcompensating(Game).

The 2009 E3 trailer is brilliant as it brings you into San Paro, It gives off the temptations of ultimate freedom which criminals have, alternating too and from the severity and seriousness for enforcers.

What makes this trailer great is that it's not setting expectations high or trying to build hype, emphasises more on how San Paro war with criminal and enforcement activity is become commonplace, yet not becoming trivialised.

-In 3 words: Corresponding, Immersive, Grit.

I like you.