Sign in to follow this  
iSkully

Latency Issues

(Posted it in wrong category so reposting here)

I live in Australia and used to always play with 180ms and for the past year it's been escalated to 350ms, now I don't see how an increase of that much ping is even possible. Not even that, the fact that when the servers go on mitigation from attacks my ping will go right back down to my normal ping which is 180, can someone explain why this is happening and why is it I've been putting up with 350ms for so long when just one switch can give me normal ping.

Is it a routing problem?

Is it ever going to get looked into?

Is it the servers fault or something else?

I just don't entirely understand it and I would like for someone to post an informative answer, thanks!

Edited by iSkully
Grammar

It's a routing issue

Zelly uses a vpn to get around this iirc

Ive noticed east coast players get owned by routing as well, as when two players are a similar distance from the server, one being west and the other being east (or north east/central north) the west player has better ping than the east player

14 minutes ago, Similarities said:

Tried a VPN? That should resolve possible routing issues on your side.

Could a VPN run without triggering anything such as anti cheat?

I've tried VPN's in other games and they also give some packet loss which isn't ideal but I would be willing to try I guess.

Just now, iSkully said:

Could a VPN run without triggering anything such as anti cheat?

I've tried VPN's in other games and they also give some packet loss which isn't ideal but I would be willing to try I guess.

Depends on the VPN you use, and it shouldn't trigger BE but if it does, BE will just stop it from loading or kick you, won't ban you.

Really u from Australia? u have the same problem as me. my routing goes straight to UK > NA, gain 300ms and when server acts weird with teleport lag I get back my original latency 190ms.

you can try contacting your ISP to get it checked.

though its fixed with good VPN 😄.

Edited by Deadliest

Sign in to follow this