Defibrillator

Threat system based on time.

Hello everyone.

I'll quickly tell what this is about.

I've started apb as a bronze dist player and i moved on to silver districts and i regularly play the fight clubs. Having  been played on both bronze and silver districts i know the skill gap is jus huge.

Players have high reaction time in bronze district when it is compared with silver district players. Same goes with shots to kill and time to kill. (Leave explosives category). Players in silver district have attained perfection by playing vs players of their skill level or more.

What i'm tryna say is..what if we remove the threat system for a couple days and put a open conflict for all and let em play against each other and we can get to know their ttk and stk based on it and we can get to decide the threat level based on that.

No one does perfect ttks and stks often..bt ill tell u this bronze district players takes a bit more time in every aspect of the game when compared to silver district players.

Less ttk and stk will increase your threat level, more ttk and more stk will decrease your threat level. The ttk and stk values will be taken on an average and dealt with.

This is not a suggestion thread, i jus wanted to hear your opinions regarding it; good or bad, it doesnt matter. Sorry if someone had written this, i went through the forums and i couldnt find it.

Thx for reading.

*Edit 1:

You could jus try em out in the existing state, i jus told a open conflict dist so that ppl can get a variety of ups and downs to get to decide stks and ttks accordingly.

Avoiding explosives cuz there is no certainity how many players might get killed and stuff.

*Edit 2:

For less than letal weapons, the time to stun and arrest can be calculated.

Edited by Defibrillator
  • Like 2

Of course the gap is huge, because silver-districts are where gold-threated players reside. You are comparing Bronze Players to Gold Players.

Time to kill based threat is interesting, but it won't be easy to pull off. Since I believe more than the following must be considered:

- Weapon used to kill.

- Distance at which the weapon was used to kill (assuming the distance didn't change throughout the fight).

- How often did the opponent take cover... at the same distance or varying distance?

- What defensive mods did the target have equipped? (clotting agent, Kevlar, etc ..... what mod-level as well? 1, 2, or 3)

- Mods used on the weapon to kill with respect to variable distance

- How to even assess/measure the skill in time to kill with assist damage? (remember, this is a team game. assist damage is ultra-common).

- and a ton more I am missing...

Sure, I personally disagree with the score-threat system we currently have. I mean I once went up to Gold at the expense of a mission. Another time, I lost threat while being the reason why my team actually won the game.. But still, time to kill based threat will take too much work to pull off and certainly won't be a definitive measure of threat.

1 hour ago, Lily Rain said:

- Weapon used to kill

Diff weapons have diff ttk and sure that will be taken into due  consideration.

- Distance at which the weapon was used to kill (assuming the distance didn't change throughout the fight).

Sure distance does matter, bt you fight in close combat, long range combat and I'm jus saying everything will be calculated on an average.

Mods used on the weapon to kill with respect to variable distance.

You take less time to kill with a cj in the mod slot and more time to kill and more shots to kill with a heavy barrel in it. But there will always be a ideal value for it.

What defensive mods did the target have equipped? (clotting agent, Kevlar, etc ..... what mod-level as well? 1, 2, or 3)

Like I said above, player health can be taken into consideration.

Player health is 1000 usually, bt it becomes 1300 for a kev3 user and yeah the time to kill varies for that. 

How to even assess/measure the skill in time to kill with assist damage? (remember, this is a team game. assist damage is ultra-common).

Aha, I forgot to mention it, thx for reminding me. The no. of shots with that particular weapon can be taken into consideration and the percentage damage can be calculated.

For less than letal weapons, the time to stun and arrest can be calculated.

I'd like to add that a player is considered a silver or gold player based on his accuracy and way of thinking. We can't determine the latter part. But the former depends on the stk and ttk.

Edited by Defibrillator

Just curious if you know anything about how threat is actually calculated at the moment.

If you could explain how you think it works right now, Id appreciate it.

31 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Just curious if you know anything about how threat is actually calculated at the moment.

If you could explain how you think it works right now, Id appreciate it.

I was an active dethreater in the past and yeah I do know something abt it.

When your score is in the top 50% of the match your threat goes up. When your score is in the bottom 50% your threat goes down.

Also, it depends on how long I've stayed gold and it takes more time based on that.

Edited by Defibrillator

Just now, Defibrillator said:

I was an active dethreater in the past and yeah I do know something abt it.

When your score is in the top 50% of the match your threat goes up. When your score is in the bottom 50% your threat goes down.

That's what I figured... in reality, its a Bayesian modified version of this formula...

9VQQ2RF.png

overall sounds like good idea

2 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

I've started apb as a bronze dist player and i moved on to silver districts and i regularly play the fight clubs. Having  been played on both bronze and silver districts i know the skill gap is jus huge.

thats because theres at least 3 skill lvls (bronze-bad,silver-good,gold-best) but they all play in 2 districts - bronze and silver

2 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

What i'm tryna say is..what if we remove the threat system for a couple days and put a open conflict for all and let em play against each other and we can get to know their ttk and stk based on it and we can get to decide the threat level based on that.

dat..i think kill/assist/death ratio is enough to make well this 3(at least)skill lvls

Edited by TheMessiah

Why can't LO just copy from bigger games? Is it that difficult?

8 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

thats because theres at least 3 skill lvls (bronze-bad,silver-good,gold-best) but they all play in 2 districts - bronze and silver

There are ten levels per color of threat. Meaning there are at least 31 levels of threat. (Im not sure if there is green1 - green10)

9 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

Like I said above, player health can be taken into consideration.

Where the ♥♠♣♦ did you say that? No lies pls:

unknown.png

9 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

Aha, I forgot to mention it, thx for reminding me. The no. of shots with that particular weapon can be taken into consideration and the percentage damage can be calculated.

You actually mentioned this, hue hue hue. You're welcome though

9 hours ago, Lato said:

Why can't LO just copy from bigger games? Is it that difficult?

APB uses a bayesian modified version of the glicko system... its pretty standard stuff.

The real problem is, most APB players actually have no clue how threat is calculated.

38 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

APB uses a bayesian modified version of the glicko system... its pretty standard stuff.

The real problem is, most APB players actually have no clue how threat is calculated.

Mostly because no one outside of internal game staff know the variables.

Like knowing what can get an anti cheat to ban you.

The only way to reach top tier threat in a system based on time would be to be a social afk'r.