MartisLTU

Remote Detonator in Halloween event.

So, if you leave car at opponents spawn place before mission starts and active Remote Detonator mod in right time you get 8-10 free kills at start before everyone is even able to move. Its a mistake that players teleporting to spawn point without spawn protection.

I think Remote Detonator is pretty toxic in base game too... it should be nerfed, so player wont be able to use it while they are dead.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

I think Remote Detonator is pretty toxic in base game too... it should be nerfed, so player wont be able to use it while they are dead.

You can't activate it when you're dead.

As far as the base game goes, if you're a decent player, you can avoid most remote det scenarios;  it's part of being a better player.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You can't use it when you're dead. You're confusing it with the car alarm that announces the explosion. If you press the remote detonator button, you get a short sound cue, and only after that, the alarm goes off. Makes it seem like he activated it after he died.

Regarding the Remote Detonator in the base game, it's perfectly fine.

The only thing that'd need adjustment is Explosives 3.

• Like 2

fix the detonator siren so it sounds for the full 2 seconds and maybe a 30s/1min cooldown timer on the mod itself, just for consistency’s sake

other than that it’s not even an issue for any player with functioning eyes lol

I'll be honest: I main remote det as my mod, and I've never looked back since I got it. It's fun as hell to play with, but it's so easy to counter if you just think a little. The first kill, sure, maybe you didn't expect me to have it. But after that, every death to remote det is your own fault.

If you see me baiting you from behind my car, don't charge at me by jumping over it.

If I can tell I'm about to die, you can be damned sure I'll hit that button. Don't stand next to my car after killing me.

If you see my car parked in a chokepoint, maybe don't take cover behind it.

If you flip my car, you better move your own vehicle away from it fast.

It's really not that hard, it's just that you're not even trying to counter it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Addition of remote det was a mistake in the first place.

It's not that hard to set up a trap with your car using grenade in the first place, but the remote det just took away all the effort from preparing the trap since you can just launch the vehicle into a crowd and get several cheap kills by doing so. It's almost as bad as pre-windup osmaw IMHO.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Chinook said:

Addition of remote det was a mistake in the first place.

It's not that hard to set up a trap with your car using grenade in the first place, but the remote det just took away all the effort from preparing the trap since you can just launch the vehicle into a crowd and get several cheap kills by doing so. It's almost as bad as pre-windup osmaw IMHO.

Maybe it's just me, but I think if a team is clumping up, not paying attention to their surroundings, especially when the opposing team has a remote det equipped, they deserve to get punished.

It's the easiest thing ever to avoid. And even if you're caught out of position or you slip up, you can always just start running when you hear the alarm. There's time to get away 100% of the time, unless you're tagged.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

It's the easiest thing ever to avoid. And even if you're caught out of position or you slip up, you can always just start running when you hear the alarm. There's time to get away 100% of the time, unless you're tagged.

Even if you're fast enough to get away from the vehicle (and unless you have static cover you'll still get hurt if not killed) the guy triggering it will be firing at you the whole time more often than not. So you either die to the explosion or die to the driver firing at you. That's the major annoyance of Remote Det IMO, the right vehicle mods let you setup Morton's Fork situations to get easier kills by just throwing the car at the target.

4 hours ago, mynd said:

You can't activate it when you're dead.

As far as the base game goes, if you're a decent player, you can avoid most remote det scenarios;  it's part of being a better player.

that is not what he said.

at end of missions people are using them to kill with an exploit.

how do you move when you literally just spawned next to it as its about to blow from them knowing the timing?

I feel the same about remdet users as I did about pre-fix Yukon users... Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

That being said, I don't use remdet (nor did I use Yukon)... So change it, leave it, remove it, keep it, I don't care.

4 hours ago, GhosT said:

You can't use it when you're dead. You're confusing it with the car alarm that announces the explosion. If you press the remote detonator button, you get a short sound cue, and only after that, the alarm goes off. Makes it seem like he activated it after he died.

Regarding the Remote Detonator in the base game, it's perfectly fine.

The only thing that'd need adjustment is Explosives 3.

its not what he said.

they timed it at end of last match just to kill people when the new match started.

1 hour ago, Nite said:

Even if you're fast enough to get away from the vehicle (and unless you have static cover you'll still get hurt if not killed) the guy triggering it will be firing at you the whole time more often than not. So you either die to the explosion or die to the driver firing at you. That's the major annoyance of Remote Det IMO, the right vehicle mods let you setup Morton's Fork situations to get easier kills by just throwing the car at the target.

^This.

Not to mention, someone could switch to cardet mid-mission, and if their scores don't update, it won't even show them having car det equipped lmao.

Edited by Lucidy
grammar

13 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

how do you move when you literally just spawned next to it as its about to blow from them knowing the timing?

But it's what he said.

He talked about the detonator in the base game, and that you shouldn't be able to activate it while you're dead, which you can't.

Regarding the event, they should wipe all cars when a mission starts, or just disable remote detonator as a bandaid-fix.

19 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I believe you failed to read that correctly.  He made a comment regarding Remote Det in the base game too, which I responded to appropriately, reiterating that my response was regarding the base game as well.

i mean remote det having no cd is kinda a fuzzy bunny esp if the player only plays around it it can be countered sure but with no cd an almost no down side to it it is far to strong 

• Thanks 1

In addition to being broken in this event, what good has the remote det brought to APB?

I really just question the whole existence of it...

The fact that it's broken and can be used to spaw-r43p people in the event is just another tick into "nope, we don't need this shit" -box.

I genuinely liked APB more when it was R195 cap and none of the broken shit that needs to be disabled in half of the events wasn't there in the first place...

Edited by Chinook
Added a sentence
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, Chinook said:

In addition to being broken in this event, what good has the remote det brought to APB?

I really just question the whole existence of it...

The fact that it's broken and can be used to spaw-r43p people in the event is just another tick into "nope, we don't need this shit" -box.

I genuinely liked APB more when it was R195 cap and none of the broken shit that needs to be disabled in half of the events wasn't there in the first place...

This is your opinion. Many people don't have a problem with it. As some people also said this... Using your eyes is brillant 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, a lot of people in this thread who don't like remote detonator. I don't see a lot of valid criticism though.

If you think it's overpowered, please stop and think if it's because you're doing something wrong. I'm silver half of the time, and I have no problem at all avoiding enemy player's detonators. The first time I die to it, I remember what vehicle it was, and just don't go near it. Or, I run up close to bait the trigger, then back off. It's so incredibly easy to make them waste $100.

The only reason I get any kills with remote det is because of people who simply refuse to adapt and keep running into my car, which I won't deny I take great pleasure in punishing. Remote detonator isn't overpowered, enemies' brains are just underpowered.

8 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

Okay, a lot of people in this thread who don't like remote detonator. I don't see a lot of valid criticism though.

If you think it's overpowered, please stop and think if it's because you're doing something wrong. I'm silver half of the time, and I have no problem at all avoiding enemy player's detonators. The first time I die to it, I remember what vehicle it was, and just don't go near it. Or, I run up close to bait the trigger, then back off. It's so incredibly easy to make them waste $100.

The only reason I get any kills with remote det is because of people who simply refuse to adapt and keep running into my car, which I won't deny I take great pleasure in punishing. Remote detonator isn't overpowered, enemies' brains are just underpowered.

I have yet to see any other valid point about remote detonator being overpowered other than someone hugging a car spawner or the insane blast radius of explosives 3.

One can be solved by adding a cooldown to the detonator, and the other doesn't even have anything to do with the detonator itself.

If you know what you're doing, you can avoid the detonators at all times. If you get up close to the car of someone with remote detonator equipped, your fault for not checking orange mods.

Everyone always clicks through opponents to see what weapons they're up against, but they never check for blowtorch, spotter and remote detonator, which are all game changing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GhosT said:

But it's what he said.

He talked about the detonator in the base game, and that you shouldn't be able to activate it while you're dead, which you can't.

Regarding the event, they should wipe all cars when a mission starts, or just disable remote detonator as a bandaid-fix.

3 hours ago, mynd said:

I believe you failed to read that correctly.  He made a comment regarding Remote Det in the base game too, which I responded to appropriately, reiterating that my response was regarding the base game as well.

no but you guys misunderstood me

8 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

So, if you leave car at opponents spawn place before mission starts and active Remote Detonator

see? before mission -  meaning it would have to be left there then used.

thankfully not many can time it right and it blows early.

a few tried it today like they did yesterday.

No need to nerf car det.

You can avoid it , and its not OP , just annoying.

How do you think about blowtorch?

It can fix barrels easilly , its more important on this mission.

• Thanks 1

Ahh you darn silvers just get good!

I totally agree with inquitoria,In base game remote detonator is totally fine and i don't wanna sound offensive but unless your new to apb and you die by remote det twice by the same person then your a moron.

As for in event...ya now this sounds like a darn good exploit and it has a easy solution.

Just make car entry (either friendly or enemy) prohibited from entering near where the players spawn.

Edited by foscor77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Inquitoria said:

Remote det requires the person who is on the receiving end to play a specific way. When a person can use car det to manipulate the situation and playing into their aim, you will die.

I used to play with someone who used car det for this specific reason to his advantage. It's not about the face value, it's about the strategical value of how remove det is used... Which was actually stated earlier by @Nite that you refuse to recognize for some reason. 

I think Nite's opinion is good and would like to see you refute either of ours. 

Edited by Lucidy