Arianna

When the halloween event will end ?

As mentioned in the post linked below, the events last for 2 weeks as of the 30th. So that would mean they end on the morning of the 13th of November.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

As mentioned in the post linked below, the events last for 2 weeks as of the 30th. So that would mean they end on the morning of the 13th of November.

Thank you ^.^

Edited by PinkCake

Hi there,

Epidemic started late, but as others have mentioned, it will go for two weeks through the 13th. The current plan is to start Gun Game next, and then roll into Christmas.

I’ll be posting the exact dates as we get closer and finished testing new pieces.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Epidemic started late, but as others have mentioned, it will go for two weeks through the 13th. The current plan is to start Gun Game next, and then roll into Christmas.

I’ll be posting the exact dates as we get closer and finished testing new pieces.

Thanks,

Matt

Playing the game today, i think the majority of the players want the engine upgrade and the old threat system back.  You probably have about 4000 players in the game right about now if you release both features and promote it/advertised it on steam and elsewhere.

The new event though is interesting, but didn't hold my interest because the game feels the same. The engine upgrade and a new district with this event will make it more fun. hope to see and play the event in a new map one day.

Edited by TooStrong
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, TooStrong said:

Playing the game today, i think the majority of the players want the engine upgrade and the old threat system back.  You probably have about 4000 players in the game right about now if you release both features and promote it/advertised it on steam and elsewhere.

The new event though is interesting, but didn't hold my interest because the game feels the same. The engine upgrade and a new district with this event will make it more fun. hope to see and play the event in a new map one day.

I agree, I feel like when the new Engine is upgraded and promotions will overall make a big change but I understand it takes time.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TooStrong said:

Playing the game today, i think the majority of the players want the engine upgrade and the old threat system back. (continued)

I played to today and all I want for the time being is Playable. Fricking. Servers.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Archon said:

I played to today and all I want for the time being is Playable. Fricking. Servers.

For real, Like yeah i want something new and change now and then but I actually want to play the game without it breaking half way lol

• Like 1

yea the servers were a messed, but the lag doesn't bother me, i think its funny and i always laugh when it happens. But i believe that once they upgrade the engine or whatever maybe the game won't lag/have server issues. This sort of stuff has been happening since 2011, it never ends. So that's why it doesn't bother me anymore.

5 hours ago, TooStrong said:

yeah, just release it. press the button to compile and voila, it's there.

the old threat system will solve all issues - everyone wants it back. there is noone who thinks it was antiquated garbage that is actually the same as the current one apart from putting the threats into groups and hiding the sublevels.

getting 4000 players (a number that just came to my head) now - that won't stay because they realize "same old stuff, only some new flaws(that are bound to be there if you release halfdeveloped stuff) and no new content" and can't be retained - over people that stay and actively play - for a longer time - after developing the game and reiterating and adding features... that's a very good deal.

who could say no.

of course i am a marketing genius and have developed and promoted couple of games before.

sorry for being so cynical - but cmon, do you really believe they don't put any thoughts into this?

also, total offtopic.

just because matt posted here, you don't need to hijack this thread. (sorry, i contribute to that though)

Edited by neophobia

10 hours ago, InstantBreeze said:

I agree, I feel like when the new Engine is upgraded and promotions will overall make a big change but I understand it takes time.

it would be very very stupid to use all advertising money for the engine upgrade itself we need content badly with that and there wont be any new content at the beginning of the engine upgrade probably so content after engine upgrade first and then you can start promoting 

also fix bugs first

Hey guys. When you mention "engine upgrade", can you specify between 3.5 and 4.0? I feel like it helps clairfy both where you are coming from, and if you have any idea what you are talking about. 

Thanks!

6 hours ago, neophobia said:

sorry for being so cynical - but cmon, do you really believe they don't put any thoughts into this?

No i don't think they are putting any thoughts into this. lol because if they did, they would have done already.

Edited by TooStrong

1 minute ago, TooStrong said:

No i don't think they are putting any thoughts into this. lol because if they did, they would have done already.

"Community Created Event"

2 hours ago, TooStrong said:

ye why didn't they?

how couldn't they just push out the engine upgrade that g1 took 4 years of developing already

gee i wonder

9 hours ago, neophobia said:

yeah, just release it. press the button to compile and voila, it's there.

the old threat system will solve all issues - everyone wants it back. there is noone who thinks it was antiquated garbage that is actually the same as the current one apart from putting the threats into groups and hiding the sublevels.

getting 4000 players (a number that just came to my head) now - that won't stay because they realize "same old stuff, only some new flaws(that are bound to be there if you release halfdeveloped stuff) and no new content" and can't be retained - over people that stay and actively play - for a longer time - after developing the game and reiterating and adding features... that's a very good deal.

who could say no.

of course i am a marketing genius and have developed and promoted couple of games before.

1 hour ago, neophobia said:

ye why didn't they?

how couldn't they just push out the engine upgrade that g1 took 4 years of developing already

gee i wonder

I was referring to the old threat system.

6 hours ago, HardStyler3 said:

it would be very very stupid to use all advertising money for the engine upgrade itself we need content badly with that and there wont be any new content at the beginning of the engine upgrade probably so content after engine upgrade first and then you can start promoting 

also fix bugs first

Of Course Lol, I was adding on to your statement, I feel like the Engine Upgrade is needed then content after like you said

8 hours ago, TooStrong said:

I was referring to the old threat system.

oh, the one that was developed like 5-6 years ago and probably uses outdated, non-functional code? (assumption)

that has exactly the same flaws but uses different symbols?

that only has the advantage of being able to show off once you enter the district?

the one that was exploited by going into an empty district with your friends?

the issue is the matchmaking, not the symbols. and they are working on that. and either way, you probably couldn't just add it back without putting in extra work - and even then, it really can't change much. why would a sane company waste time on that...

do you know how many left just cause they didm't like the new symbols? i certainly don't but i'd assume it's not enough to think that it'd save the game.

what kind of advertisement would they make? "hey, we added 6 year old stuff back to our game"

still completely offtopic. sorry for joining in on the derailing.

Edited by neophobia

I'm enjoying it sometimes but the "daily activities" are draining it for me it's like someone lending you a nano and then asking for Favors every 5 mins.

Christmas "The Jolly Butcher" just an idea (any excuse to bring back that dynamic event)

Imagine "The Butcher" but on a District wide scale