1 hour ago, jarko said:

The thing that isn't more likely working when name changing is that those that were having you added in their friend list in game can still know your identity as it is not being deleted from it when the name change is done.

As he mentioned it need to be reworked because otherwise what is the purpose of name change ; what's the purpose of spending money for something that isn't truly working as intended.

https://gyazo.com/970ad7d9183b6d50a8c07ef76e187982

False advertising?

The purpose of a name change is to change your in-game name if you do not like your current one, not hide you from people so if you get a bad reputation on one name and think you can run and hide under another, you deserve it. Use /ignore.

• Like 1

I think name change is more used by stalkers than by people getting stalked instead.

Why would I have to change my name tag because of someone's else actions?

Why would someone want to hide their ingame identity at all? I can understand the meaning of changing your name the same way you just change your clothes or your avatar's style.

Yet I never got to understand why some people like to change their names and hide from other players while later ingame many of them are the same ones who are stalking others or trying to erase a footprint of their bad behaviors in the past.

Hey, sorry if I'm going a bit off-topic with this, I totally support the name change function I just wanted to state my perception of the main use they do of it.

If we are all friendly and nice to each other and the staff is there supporting us, then the stalkers and annoying players should be the ones changing their attitudes if they don't fit.

Pretty much Gamersfirst policy was to charge on anything a player would request before they attempt to address the issue itself, so they eventually started selling name changes, friend list extensions, even some ingame mods that enable you to spot people through walls, aka: legit wallhacks, etc.

Now on topic, this is also why some people refuse the idea of having players as GMs, in the past some people had privileged access to know all the alternative characters and name changes of some players. Didn't happen to me so I can't prove if it is bull or not, but someone told me once that got involved in a situation like that.

Personally I always remember RICHARDS someone from the SPCT/SPCM teams bypassing the ignore function to insult me ingame when I told him he was cheating, lol, finally he got caught cheating and even discussing on forums about "triggerbot" being a grey area in the ToS, which just fueled the fire of the controversy, I think he got eventually banned but I'm not sure, anyone can do a quick search in the old forums to learn about, I'm not trying to start anything here.

Ok, too much drama already; I support the presence of more staff ingame helping to moderate other players btw.

Edited by Salvick
Typos.
  • Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 8:15 PM, Lixil said:

First of I really do appreciate everyone giving me suggestions and I really am grateful players contacting me regarding their concerns. I am here to answer any concern or a question you guys have.

GMs are not allowed to give their identity out, that's a ticket to be kicked out of the team. They will have a separate GM account that has no ties to their private account. They will also go through a training process before they are given a GM account, should they fail any of training they will be declined. 

I understand everyone's worried, but please keep in mind I used to have volunteer teams and they worked awesomely. I don't give access to any Bill or Joe that applied nor I am thinking to keep this as loose as players seem to see.

Again not EVERY player that applies will be accepted and each and every single one of them will be interviewed, backchecked and so on.

Thats awesome news Lixil. But as many users may have already mentioned it around here, i will do it again: While GMs are needed to be anonymous for obvious reasons in game, any forum volunteer to be a Moderator should/must be visible to others. For example, Poperon (hey me) became a Forum Mod. I would get a *volunteer title* and my name would still be the same to anyone, so it would be easier to respond any action out of the rules. Thats what we had during the start of the old forum, back on 2011. (Voerman era)

If GMs decide to help on forums too, they must get a proper forum account, separated from their main account.

I know this may seem obvious, or that you may have clearly thought everything thru so no gaps are left behind, but these serve as suggestions for now. :classic_laugh::classic_happy:

Edited by Poperon
[sorry my keyboard broke and quotation marks are unavailable :( ]

9 hours ago, Lixil said:

GMs are my volunteers so no.

Oh, I thought it was about forums (unless people specify I will always think it's forums lol). I do apologize for the misunderstanding. Regarding this team is talking to see what can be done about it. As soon as I have more information about it I will make sure to announce it. Also, thank you for clearing that up for me.

I may of repeated more likely what he said but yeah.. Im glad it went through the way it was meant to be revealed to you. 

😊

On 6/4/2018 at 1:35 AM, Kivron said:

@Lixil Can we fix the bug where if you name change, it just changes your name on a friends list, that already has you added? Why name change, when a stalker can still find you? This bug needs to be fixed. A name change should be a fresh start.

12 hours ago, jarko said:

The thing that isn't more likely working when name changing is that those that were having you added in their friend list in game can still know your identity as it is not being deleted from it when the name change is done.

As he mentioned it need to be reworked because otherwise what is the purpose of name change ; what's the purpose of spending money for something that isn't truly working as intended.

https://gyazo.com/970ad7d9183b6d50a8c07ef76e187982

False advertising?

12 hours ago, Lixil said:

Oh, I thought it was about forums (unless people specify I will always think it's forums lol). I do apologize for the misunderstanding. Regarding this team is talking to see what can be done about it. As soon as I have more information about it I will make sure to announce it. Also, thank you for clearing that up for me.

I would like to add one thing to this, its not only friendlists but also anything created from a person such as cars, symbols, themes, songs etc will also have their name on it, and if you have any of those in your possession you will still be able to tell the name of those people.

Like i have some symbols people made for me when they were friends with me, things went south, they name changed, and still know their name cause of said symbols lol.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Rolpack said:

I would like to add one thing to this, its not only friendlists but also anything created from a person such as cars, symbols, themes, songs etc will also have their name on it, and if you have any of those in your possession you will still be able to tell the name of those people.

Like i have some symbols people made for me when they were friends with me, things went south, they name changed, and still know their name cause of said symbols lol.

Exactly my point,I wanted to writte that when but I saw you put it here before me,lol

Hello, will MODs and GMs have a minimum limit time they have to spend on the game/forum per week? Or something like that? Just wondering! @Lixil

Edited by Xaix

Wish i applied for SPCM when it was around

"GMs are my volunteers so no."

That just gives me a warm feeling inside.

Hi there!  First of all good luck to Little Orbit! You have been doing a great job so far.

Now the question: I was reading the news about Mid-September Update where it said I could post comments in the

forums but the corresponding post is locked for comments so I'll ask this here:

The new trading system, I am glad to see you implementing something completely new since this was one of the

main problems about scamming but since Matt said "without system tax" my question is: what about inflation?

Of course nobody really likes the tax, me included but the whole reason for this was to take money out of circulation.

Since there is no other way of taking money out of circulation and more and more money is constantly given out to players,

this is going to lead to a massive inflation where the market prices are driven up by veteran players with loads of money and

new players have little to no hopes of ever being able to afford anything.

What are your thoughts about that or have you in some way addressed this issue?

3 hours ago, PatrickBatemann said:

What are your thoughts about that or have you in some way addressed this issue?

They are already watching the inflation.