Will we have unlimited likes on the forums and will the dislikes be removed?

The unlimited option was available to the players from the start, however as players started abusing those I was forced to set a limit of 10. Dislikes no longer give negative point to the players - they can still 'dislike' something however it will not affect players account.

What happened to the clubs?

Sadly there seems to be an issue with Ipboards regarding this feature. We have reached out to them so that they can fix the bugs. Once that is done, the feature will be reinstated. 

Can we change our forum names? 

You can change your name once every 60 days.

Can I post gifs or only still images? Can we do animated gif profile/signature/cover photos?

Animated pictures are only allowed in posts, and not in profile/signature/cover photos.

Is this forum 18+?

These forums are PG13. APB reloaded is not going to be the only game we have on these forums and this rule is for the GamersFirst forums (which APB falls under). 

I want to join the moderation team, can I send you a message?

You can reach out to me through the private message system. regardless, I will be posting a 'Looking for Mods/GMs' thread sometime this week. Once that is in you will have to apply and send your application to the e-mail provided.

Can I send you a message regarding my banned account?

Contacting anyone from our team on the forums will get you a basic response: Write a support ticket. We do not work in such a private manner, all we do has to be documented. For now, support has given clear instructions to wait for BattlEye to be implemented and after that, they will go and review each case one by one.

What about nudity!?

Matt has already made a topic regarding this: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Did you mean FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)?

F&Q reads like a hybrid of German F&A (Fragen & Antworten / Questions & Answers) and FAQ.

_____

On the topic of avatars: Will you add support for non-square avatars (e.g. 120x100 px)?

Edited by Revoluzzer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

Did you mean FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)?

F&Q reads like a hybrid of German F&A (Fragen & Antworten / Questions & Answers) and FAQ.

_____

On the topic of avatars: Will you add support for non-square avatars (e.g. 120x100 px)?

lol that's exactly what I meant. I wanted to write Q&A and just quickly changed it to the FAQ or as I called it F&Q xD

I believe that's IP board question, I will see if they have anything new regarding this. 

1 hour ago, Lixil said:

I want to join the moderation team, can I send you a message?

You can reach out to me through the private message system. regardless, I will be posting a 'Looking for Mods/GMs' thread sometime this week. Once that is in you will have to apply and send your application to the e-mail provided.

Oh no......

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Oh no......

Oh yes

Oh no......

Honestly I am very worried...they should not have community players have GM/Mod roles...we all saw what happened with the forum's Mod Squad members.

It started off okay, but slowly devolved into blind power abuse. Half of the forum goers got banned who had no warning and never even broke TOS.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, iodyne_ said:

Honestly I am very worried...they should not have community players have GM/Mod roles...we all saw what happened with the forum's Mod Squad members.

It started off okay, but slowly devolved into blind power abuse. Half of the forum goers got banned who had no warning and never even broke TOS.

Let us hope they are able to make good decisions on who exactly to put into those positions of power.

Oh no......

The worst part is, there are a few good people here who can handle the position, but I suspect most of them won't go for it and all the wrong people will.

Lixil, (I had to think about whether to suggest this, cos I know you're good at what you do), but can make one suggestion based on my own experiences as a GM on Football Manager Live? If GMs are going to have serious obligations re: checking on player behavouir or being generally being available to players at all times when logged on, then I think they should ideally have a separate GM account and their identities kept anonymous from their main account. Or have their GM tags only show up on one or two of their characters. If they're required to be "on" all the time, there's a good chance that perfectly capable and well intentioned people will just get burned out and not want to play the game, because to play the game they have to also GM at the same time. That'll leave you with people who are attracted to the 'power', as such. I've seen it happen. The GM team at the start of FML (which didn't include me, btw) was a lot stronger than the one at the end of it.

tl;dr, your GMs will need to be able to have 'downtime' in the game or they'll probably stop playing it.

And yes, I know people are reading the anon account suggestion and thinking "Are you out of your head? Have you forgotten the Mod Squads?", and yes, that's a fair point. They were anonymous and they were at best horribly inconsistent or at worst absolutely terrible, and someone of them (imo) abused the anonymity. But that was (imo) partly because the more capable mods had left or fell out with Tiggs and the Mod Squads didn't seem to be particularly well managed or supervised. I suspect Little Orbit will have a much tighter grip on the reigns.

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, MrChan said:

The worst part is, there are a few good people here who can handle the position, but I suspect most of them won't go for it and all the wrong people will.

Lixil, (I had to think about whether to suggest this, cos I know you're good at what you do), but can make one suggestion based on my own experiences as a GM on Football Manager Live? If GMs are going to have serious obligations re: checking on player behavouir or being generally being available to players at all times when logged on, then I think they should ideally have a separate GM account and their identities kept anonymous from their main account. Or have their GM tags only show up on one or two of their characters. If they're required to be "on" all the time, there's a good chance that perfectly capable and well intentioned people will just get burned out and not want to play the game, because to play the game they have to also GM at the same time. That'll leave you with people who are attracted to the 'power', as such. I've seen it happen. The GM team at the start of FML (which didn't include me, btw) was a lot stronger than the one at the end of it.

And yes, I know people are reading the anon account suggestion and thinking "Are you out of your head? Have you forgotten the Mod Squads?", and yes, that's a fair point. They were anonymous and they were at best horribly inconsistent or at worst absolutely terrible, and someone of them (imo) abused the anonymity. But that was (imo) partly because the more capable mods had left or fell out with Tiggs and the Mod Squads didn't seem to be particularly well managed or supervised. I suspect Little Orbit will have a much tighter grip on the reigns.

First of I really do appreciate everyone giving me suggestions and I really am grateful players contacting me regarding their concerns. I am here to answer any concern or a question you guys have.

GMs are not allowed to give their identity out, that's a ticket to be kicked out of the team. They will have a separate GM account that has no ties to their private account. They will also go through a training process before they are given a GM account, should they fail any of training they will be declined. 

I understand everyone's worried, but please keep in mind I used to have volunteer teams and they worked awesomely. I don't give access to any Bill or Joe that applied nor I am thinking to keep this as loose as players seem to see.

Again not EVERY player that applies will be accepted and each and every single one of them will be interviewed, backchecked and so on.

• Like 5

Lixil, can you elaborate on what the duties/roles of mods/GM's will be?

Will the GM'S just be the equivalent of the SPCM program? (Where they have no authority, but are simply ingame to mentor new players,)

And will forum moderators be allowed to ban/suspend people?

22 minutes ago, iodyne_ said:

Lixil, can you elaborate on what the duties/roles of mods/GM's will be?

Will the GM'S just be the equivalent of the SPCM program? (Where they have no authority, but are simply ingame to mentor new players,)

And will forum moderators be allowed to ban/suspend people?

GMs will monitor the chat, answer players' questions and generally help them out. If they encounter a cheater they will be reporting them to our support or me, so that we can investigate on our own.
Forum mods can give you warnings, which I will be monitoring. These measures are to ensure the forums stay clean, and that players follow the rules without issues.

Neither GMs or Forum mods have permission to suspend/ban any account. The game is handled by support, the forum by me.

• Like 5

Well that clears it all up for me. Thanks. I think many of us were just worried because the titles are vague.

It sounds like the GM title will now ve the equivalent to the old SPCM (san paro city mentors), which was always fine. and the forum Moderators being more closely monitored on their actions against player behavior sounds right.

Might be good to add that to the FAQ so people don't keep making "worry threads" about it.

• Like 2

173 Members, 5 Anonymous, 110 Guests (See full list)

this is a great result and show how the good things could happens.

11 lines full of users,mod, and admin ❤️

last day of old forum, before LO announcement was just 1 with just 8 users registered. and 2 anonymous

Sorry if double posting with this, but I'm quoting here my own comment from another thread because it was my intention in first place to post it here on this one.

I don't think this really adds something you don't know already, but @Lixil and @RitualLobotomy I just wanted you guys to let you know about that old thread from the past where we were discussing about the need of getting more presence from the staff, I guess you already got the impression about this, but thought might be interesting to drop this around for you.

I'm welcoming any actions you guys take in that direction disregarding the difficulties we the players have in the community to accept the wide diversity of opinions about it.

14 hours ago, Salvick said:

Although I'm also in the side of the skepticism with this idea since how it was this past era of APB, probably it is because of similar reasons like the ones some others pointed out about good and bad experiences in the past that we are like that, but I would like to add here that it has been my most deep concern to understand why this game always had that lack of GMs/Admins/Mods presence ingame.

I even made a post back in 2013 to share our experiences about the GMs presence in-game that I'm linking right here, where many participated in the conversation and we had several replies from Tiggs as well.

I beg for having an active and visible presence of moderators in-game so I'll be looking forward to see what comes out of this.

We even had a very few events like this:

...once in a blue moon and these were like the only times we got used to see a GM.

Gotta say stuff like that was awesome and crazy but the lack of moderation in real time on the huge amount of other issues we had to deal with, and I talk specially regarding our own behavior as players in all aspects, was something that made some of us almost forget or almost want to forget even the good times because of how toxic and out of control some particular issues turned out in the long term.

Also guys around here and there posting and asking , imo instead of asking for what you want to get I'd invite you to rather ask what is needed out there that you could provide, but is just a kind word I'd like to bring for those of you getting excited about the idea of applying for the task.

Ninja edit: Almost forgot, I even had a bad meme about this:

Reveal hidden contents

33FIviS.png

Please no community GMs

Streamers like Kempington, shouldn't have any sort of say or power, due to his hate or dislike for someone.

Edited by Kivron

13 minutes ago, Kivron said:

Please no community GMs

Streamers like Kempington, shouldn't have any sort of say or power, due to his hate or dislike for someone.

Learn to read please, thanks

On 5/30/2018 at 7:50 PM, Lixil said:

GMs will monitor the chat, answer players' questions and generally help them out. If they encounter a cheater they will be reporting them to our support or me, so that we can investigate on our own.
Forum mods can give you warnings, which I will be monitoring. These measures are to ensure the forums stay clean, and that players follow the rules without issues.

Neither GMs or Forum mods have permission to suspend/ban any account. The game is handled by support, the forum by me.

Always white knighting Kempington... I don't care, he shouldn't have any.... power. You know he's going to apply. Back to op. There have been many problems and cliques forming when it comes to powers over others in this community. Please just hire industry pros.

Edited by Kivron

3 minutes ago, EightPower said:

Ohhh!! Someone is jelly ☠☠

I'm tired of hearing that... I'm not.. not reason to be. idjit

Edited by Kivron

@Lixil Can we fix the bug where if you name change, it just changes your name on a friends list, that already has you added? Why name change, when a stalker can still find you? This bug needs to be fixed. A name change should be a fresh start.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kivron said:

@Lixil Can we fix the bug where if you name change, it just changes your name on a friends list, that already has you added? Why name change, when a stalker can still find you? This bug needs to be fixed. A name change should be a fresh start.

This is not a bug. A name change is just changing your name, it does not mean resetting your account. Please use ignore feature if someone is stalking you.

4 hours ago, Signarly said:

Would GMs have to work with Tiggs?

Only if they promise to buy her coffee. :classic_biggrin:

5 hours ago, Lixil said:

This is not a bug. A name change is just changing your name, it does not mean resetting your account. Please use ignore feature if someone is stalking you.

The thing that isn't more likely working when name changing is that those that were having you added in their friend list in game can still know your identity as it is not being deleted from it when the name change is done.

As he mentioned it need to be reworked because otherwise what is the purpose of name change ; what's the purpose of spending money for something that isn't truly working as intended.

https://gyazo.com/970ad7d9183b6d50a8c07ef76e187982

False advertising?

Edited by jarko
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Signarly said:

Would GMs have to work with Tiggs?

GMs are my volunteers so no.

17 minutes ago, jarko said:

The thing that isn't more likely working when name changing is that those that were having you added in their friend list in game can still know your identity as it is not being deleted from it when the name change is done.

As he mentioned it need to be reworked because otherwise what is the purpose of name change ; what's the purpose of spending money for something that isn't truly working as intended.

https://gyazo.com/970ad7d9183b6d50a8c07ef76e187982

False advertising?

Oh, I thought it was about forums (unless people specify I will always think it's forums lol). I do apologize for the misunderstanding. Regarding this team is talking to see what can be done about it. As soon as I have more information about it I will make sure to announce it. Also, thank you for clearing that up for me.

• Like 2