Sign in to follow this  
CookiePuss

In relation to the event, where are the GMs / tGMs ?

Would be nice if someone could do something about teammates camping team spawns and blowing up any and all teammate vehicles that are spawned.

I mean, we did have nearly a thousand players apply for GM spots several months ago so... where are they?

• Like 2

You make a great point where are they... the amount of times i've had to deal with these people doing this because they dont have anything better to do kinda makes me not want to bother..

not like they could boot players anyway

any time i’ve seen a TGM there’s always a few people trying to bait them into reacting, might as well stay invisible if all it brings is more toxicity 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

not like they could boot players anyway

any time i’ve seen a TGM there’s always a few people trying to bait them into reacting, might as well stay invisible if all it brings is more toxicity 

so what you are saying is, the entire GM program is a complete waste?

32 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

so what you are saying is, the entire GM program is a complete waste?

yeah

personal opinion of mine but players should never be involved with disciplinary/administrative stuff like that, especially not as volunteers 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

yeah

personal opinion of mine but players should never be involved with disciplinary/administrative stuff like that, especially not as volunteers 

agreed.

We do have GMs monitoring the events. They do stay invisible during those times so that the players don't start shooting at them (happened before).

The GM team has been instructed that from now on they do actions against the players who are abusing/griefing during the event to make sure no one is abusing any bugs and to make sure everyone's event experience is not ruined.

• Thanks 5

I'd rather not see GMs in game to be honest. They don't need to be visible and active in chat/game to do their job. Plus almost every time I do see a GM in game they are being distracting to players trying to play the game or talk in chat.

• Like 5

Two things about this bother me... First off, why wasnt an announcement made about this? Why are we having to make threads like this to get information? How hard is it to make a post saying "GMs will now primarily be invisible in game as they seem to be more of a distraction than anything when visible."  Instead we are all just left wondering where they all went.

Secondly, it is a little bothersome that if I have a problem in game now, especially in the event, my only recourse in regards to asking a GM for help is to just shout into the ether (/d chat) "Hey, if there actually is an invisible GM in district, could you maybe do something about (insert problem)?" and then never know if anyone even heard me.

Thats all really. I mean, its super easy to make a forum post in order to keep the community informed. Instead of just getting the old Tiggs response of "they are invisble lul", when we finally do get an explanation. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Two things about this bother me... First off, why wasnt an announcement made about this? Why are we having to make threads like this to get information? How hard is it to make a post saying "GMs will now primarily be invisible in game as they seem to be more of a distraction than anything when visible."  Instead we are all just left wondering where they all went.

Secondly, it is a little bothersome that if I have a problem in game now, especially in the event, my only recourse in regards to asking a GM for help is to just shout into the ether (/d chat) "Hey, if there actually is an invisible GM in district, could you maybe do something about (insert problem)?" and then never know if anyone even heard me.

Thats all really. I mean, its super easy to make a forum post in order to keep the community informed. Instead of just getting the old Tiggs response of "they are invisble lul", when we finally do get an explanation. 

Honestly, I thought there would be no reason to announce something like GMs will remain invisible during the event due to the insane amount of attention we get every time we are not invisible. Which would make the event stop happening and people would just be gathering around us.

Second, you can actually see the tag of GM in the chat if they are there. Even when they are invisible (I am not sure we are talking about the same thing? Being invisible means you can't see them physically as in their character) you can still see their chat tag appearing every time they talk. And they have been talking in the districts making sure that players know they are there. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lixil said:

Honestly, I thought there would be no reason to announce something like GMs will remain invisible during the event due to the insane amount of attention we get every time we are not invisible. Which would make the event stop happening and people would just be gathering around us.

Second, you can actually see the tag of GM in the chat if they are there. Even when they are invisible (I am not sure we are talking about the same thing? Being invisible means you can't see them physically as in their character) you can still see their chat tag appearing every time they talk. And they have been talking in the districts making sure that players know they are there. 

So this means that these invisible GMs have never once spoken in chat the entire time Ive played the event? Cuz Ive been on every day farming the event on a total of 11 characters, and Ive not once seen a GM tag in chat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

So this means that these invisible GMs have never once spoken in chat the entire time Ive played the event? Cuz Ive been on every day farming the event on a total of 11 characters, and Ive not once seen a GM tag in chat.

We are not covering the event 24/7. You seem to just have been unlucky.

I will make sure that we have eyes more there. We did split the team in half: one to monitor the event, other to monitor the regular game.

I will have more GMs on the event and some on the regular game now. 

• Thanks 3

Just now, Lixil said:

We are not covering the event 24/7. You seem to just have been unlucky. I will make sure that we have eyes more there. We did split the team in half: one to monitor the event, other to monitor the regular game. I will have more GMs on the event and some on the regular game now. 

Sounds good!

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

3 hours ago, Lixil said:

I will make sure that we have eyes more there. We did split the team in half: one to monitor the event, other to monitor the regular game.

pls no

anytime someone has a <GM> tag on, you potentially have an effect of where players stop playing and just try to talk to the GM. 

hidden gms are best gms

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

@CookyPuss Ayyyy your post was approved...have fun waiting for the next approval :^)))))))

rEpOrTeD fOr bOoLi

I personally believe that GMs/tGMs shouldnt talk in chat in action districts, but in social it would be fine.

I think there should be a little spot where you can see what GM's are online, and label what dist they are in, so you can 'ping' them if you have an issue about something. Then they can PM you directly.

I see a lot of people just trolling the GM's who obviously have no clue half of whats going on, and often times their response time is SO SLOW that chat just get's bogged with stupid stuff, and people stop playing the actual game just to type. Having GM's not type in district chat in action districts would be really nice. I get that there is a good amount of interaction that should occur, but when it hampers an already dying game and makes it harder than it already is to play, it's not good.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lixil said:

It's understandable that coverage 24/7 is demanding and a bit unrealistic, especially with time zones taken into consideration.

In any game, killing a team mate 5 times in a game would lead to a instant kick from the server, Just food for thought that the potential could be having that kicking deterrence extended to team mate's deployed vehicles..?

Yes car occasional parked car with remote detonator at spawns is what I'd personally consider an exploit, but I do also put it down to just the accessibility of the spawn location.  ...It's the same for Fight Club spawn in Baylan Shipping.
But this year's event has been noticeably less toxic and I've not seen a single person who I think could be hacking. Thanks! 

17 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

pls no

anytime someone has a <GM> tag on, you potentially have an effect of where players stop playing and just try to talk to the GM. 

hidden gms are best gms

"EXCUSE ME ARE YOU GM? I HAVE QUESTION"

They're in Disney Land together with Tiggs, gotta have a vacation every second week after all.

07/11/2018 Jericho's server . dynamic Epidemic event .

0XnvFQpF8M.jpg

v22Hwa1qid.jpg

58 minutes ago, Yood said:

07/11/2018 Jericho's server . dynamic Epidemic event .

0XnvFQpF8M.jpg

v22Hwa1qid.jpg

You are late my friend. Its all been sorted.

(Not sure if the Bill & Ted's quote makes me love or hate this TGM.)

Edited by CookiePuss

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You are late my friend. Its all been sorted.

(Not sure if the Bill & Ted's quote makes me love or hate this TGM.)

your post created November 3 . last post Lixil  on the subject published 7 November  . after that the GM decided to show that they exist .  what is the basis of the openness of the company ?

On 11/6/2018 at 6:49 AM, CookiePuss said:

11 characters. Jesus what are you doing with your life.

On 11/6/2018 at 6:49 AM, CookiePuss said:

i talked to them a few days when you were on  you were too busy killing everybody lol

i honestly thought you knew they were on sorry

On 11/6/2018 at 10:24 PM, Fur said:

I personally believe that GMs/tGMs shouldnt talk in chat in action districts, but in social it would be fine.

I think there should be a little spot where you can see what GM's are online, and label what dist they are in, so you can 'ping' them if you have an issue about something. Then they can PM you directly.

I see a lot of people just trolling the GM's who obviously have no clue half of whats going on, and often times their response time is SO SLOW that chat just get's bogged with stupid stuff, and people stop playing the actual game just to type. Having GM's not type in district chat in action districts would be really nice. I get that there is a good amount of interaction that should occur, but when it hampers an already dying game and makes it harder than it already is to play, it's not good.

there were questions asked to the gms that directly involved epidemic so i must disagree with you.

its how bugs were reported again as well as people informed of what was happening between bugs lag and other things

On 11/7/2018 at 3:59 AM, Mitne said:

"EXCUSE ME ARE YOU GM? I HAVE QUESTION"

^ this went on a lot until gms showed themselves in district chat

Sign in to follow this