Excalibur!

Any chance to use our own costumes in the event?

ain't gas approved outfits you gonna die faster out there my friend

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

ain't gas approved outfits you gonna die faster out there my friend

But Pedestrians are walking around without problems.

16 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Maybe they ARE zombies?

But instead of wanting brains, they just like go to work and stuff.

55 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

They accepted that they will die soon. That's the only reason they walk around so calmly in San Paro

Maybe optional? I see completly pointless to change the whole outfit when its apb strongest point is customization.

Even if you tell me that is for gameplay reasons, the only way you can aknowledge an enemy is not by the colour of his outfit in that hellish fog but the red name.

• Like 1

I think it would be amazing if civilians were dressed with the contest made costumes from all partecipants. 

Of course not doable today, but maybe, in a future where APB isn't anymore that badly optimized...

33 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

I'll take the silence as a no.

I hope there are more events where they override what you create so everyone looks the same and boring.

I mean, everyone in the same outfit is kind of standard for halloween events, no?

Hi there,

We had some concerns during testing that with three different teams and fog, it might be difficult to determine who was on each team.

In theory, it sounded good to standardize the team colors to help with this.

In practice, I don’t think team confusion has been an issue, so we’ll likely do things different in the future.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

We had some concerns during testing that with three different teams and fog, it might be difficult to determine who was on each team.

In practice, I don’t think team confusion has been an issue, so we’ll likely do things different in the future.

Thanks,

Matt

Glad to hear it Matt!  The colored outfits per each team is a good idea on paper, but I don't really think it helped much since its hard to see any detail on anyone else anyway due to the fog kinda drowning out their colors.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean, everyone in the same outfit is kind of standard for halloween events, no?

the headless horseman event only swapped your outfit once you were a pumpkin head 

16 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,

Matt

in theory it does sound good for each team to wear one color, but in practice the outfits are so dull and the fog is so prevalent that you can’t see who is who until your character models are touching 

team confusion isn’t an issue because no one knows who is on what team, any red name (or just any player - even friendlies - depending on how the ui is behaving at the time) is just shot 

idk how possible it is, but the suggestion someone made to incorporate the glowing clothing pieces used by each faction’s contact on all player outfits for easy team identification was a very good idea imo

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

11 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,

Matt

don't change anything. everything works well .  playing in other areas, he can even run naked. this is strictly Excalibur! problem .

Edited by Yood

I dont see a problem with the outfits. I just look on my minimap to see If its a team player or  not. The fog is a spooky element, its good as It is.

Edited by Syzus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Yood said:

don't change anything. everything works well .  playing in other areas, he can even run naked. this is strictly Excalibur! problem .

But i can't run naked in the event and i only logged in apb to play the event.

Have never liked that hazard suit since it got released on armas so not gonna bother with the event if im forced to wear it. Also many people create their own halloween outfits which im sure they'd like to wear for halloween event.

13 hours ago, Raichu said:

Have never liked that hazard suit since it got released on armas so not gonna bother with the event if im forced to wear it. Also many people create their own halloween outfits which im sure they'd like to wear for halloween event.

armas isn't really the problem, more that the tubes being flat looks so silly and stupid that i have no idea why anyone would want to bother wearing it

12 minutes ago, Haganu said:

armas isn't really the problem, more that the tubes being flat looks so silly and stupid that i have no idea why anyone would want to bother wearing it

Agreed, the tubes look kinda stupid just being flat, but my main problem with the suit is that it is barely compatible with any other clothing items.  It would be nice if the tank was a separate clothing piece (that could actually be customized a little) so you could choose to wear a backpack or something instead.  The Revelations items in general are just way too restricting.  Plus the butt ugly skin that all the Revelations weapons except the Harbinger use, with no normal looking skin available at all.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

On 11/7/2018 at 4:04 AM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,

Matt

@MattScott

Hi matt this is bugging the living hell out of me. As someone who has spent a good few hundred hours editing pictures and counting pixels (i know right sounds like a fun time)

This Logo disturbs me.

The team on the left Is wrong in my eyes 'Necrocite'  (Logo is 83.4% Green Not counting the border) Yet your team decided on Yellow ? when we already have a orange team, Hell even Undedox could have been yellow (yellow is 43% But still)

"bu but halloweenie colours?" Yes but you said the forced outfits were to reduce confusion which makes sense "teams filled with hoodies doesn't make it clear who to shoot"

A Green team would clear up a lot more confusion 13 times during the entire event I've shot at the wrong person because my team is yellow and their is a slightly darker yellow ... Orange.

p.s love the necrocite skin BTW "Pulse" dynamic skin.

epidemic-1.png

(even a blue/red team) would have been better for less confusion Here's an idea.

1 of these 3 teams Get's to come back next year and 2 new teams (red blue green) are introduced. Just an idea.

Necrocite Undedox Zombicine

from a distance you can't tell the difference and fog on top of that (purple stands out the most)

Edited by Zolerox
"The Butcher" was invented During an Easter event... Easter is coming up Hint hint

1 hour ago, Zolerox said:

@MattScott

Hi matt this is bugging the living hell out of me. As someone who has spent a good few hundred hours editing pictures and counting pixels (i know right sounds like a fun time)

This Logo disturbs me.

The team on the left Is wrong in my eyes 'Necrocite'  (Logo is 83.4% Green Not counting the border) Yet your team decided on Yellow ? when we already have a orange team, Hell even Undedox could have been yellow (yellow is 43% But still)

"bu but halloweenie colours?" Yes but you said the forced outfits were to reduce confusion which makes sense "teams filled with hoodies doesn't make it clear who to shoot"

A Green team would clear up a lot more confusion 13 times during the entire event I've shot at the wrong person because my team is yellow and their is a slightly darker yellow ... Orange.

p.s love the necrocite skin BTW "Pulse" dynamic skin.

epidemic-1.png

(even a blue/red team) would have been better for less confusion Here's an idea.

1 of these 3 teams Get's to come back next year and 2 new teams (red blue green) are introduced. Just an idea.

Necrocite Undedox Zombicine

from a distance you can't tell the difference and fog on top of that (purple stands out the most)

I mean even if team damage was on, which it isnt, surely you can see the big green name above your teammates?

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean even if team damage was on, which it isnt, surely you can see the big green name above your teammates?

In theory. But in an event so buggy I've had entire Base icons missing (The way points that show you where the bases are) it doesn't And knowing who's the team the guy in the distance is on makes a difference.

(and let's not mention the dreaded exploit of winning central park before it even shows the timer. good luck finding the barrel in 12 seconds)

Your about to attack an Undedox base but you notice 2 guys one of them doesn't see the other person are they teammates or is the other person Necrocite?

Based on the information your given you can decide to either attack them both or Wait for them to fight each other, In theory. But color confusion ruins such tactics like those.

Nothing better then letting the enemy of your enemy fight for you Then swooping in to Conquer the base.

My 2nd favorite tactic Becoming the Striker from the Shadows,

Wait for an enemy of yours to attack another enemy of yours base then when they are about to destroy said base (and taking gas damage while doing so) 1 shot from a HVR-SD and BAM! take the base for yourself. Maximum effort.

Do you consider being able to damage teammates cars "Team Damage" or not ? , because cars are server side (like it makes a difference) and normal missions behave the same.

Edited by Zolerox