Sign in to follow this  
moxxichixx

I like the halloween event... need more! :D [review]

The event is really amazing. I think we just need a smaller portion of the map to fight in because respawn are often really far. Other than that the event is amazing and I think after learning it and playing the objective correctly you can collect a lot of kills when stealthing in the fog to help a little. Defending is cool because the objectives are pretty critical and volatile... The fact that you have to go pick up a barrel everytime your attacks fail is a bit annoying though. The game mode have so much potential and could be event better with some small changes if it was used for other things instead of halloween. I like you Little Orbit for pulling out an even this big in so little time... the new car spawners, the barrels spawns, the ui icons... etc. Just all the new small things I see in the game makes me believe the future will be a lot better for APB. The OLD event was way less fun because it always ended up being all the survivors dead except a few running in cars for the few minutes remaining. It was so boring to have to wait everytime to try to survive and just die of being swarmed by numbers. No objective nothing, just survival thats it. Good job on the Halloween event Little Orbit. I love it (especially the barrel physics and models, I like those :3)  P.S. Sorry for my english it is kinda rusty

Edited by moneychixx
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

i like this event, even tho it needs a lot of QoL tweaks and touchups imo

my biggest gripes are 

1. the fog - i hate the fog, delete it please
  2. the use of central park as the most important area - the park shouldnt be used for anything, its arguably the single worst location in any district
  3. the rewards/progress - it feels very limiting to only be able to do one daily per day and therefore only "progress" once per day, especially in a game like apb that so heavily features progression. additionally you cant level roles, earning money is slow due to match times and final scores, and theres obviously no contacts for standing

other than that its just minor stuff

32 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

I personally love the fog. It's nice to not have my position compromised almost instantly by the players who act like 360 degree security cameras (me included, lol). It adds a taste of stealth into the game, and is pretty fun to play around with and against imo.

• Like 2

I like the fog because it reminds me of Silent Hill and the The Mist. Even though there are no lethal NPC's I still keep expecting to see some hideous monster come out of an alleyway or leap down from a rooftop. We need some spooky music to play in-game for the next Halloween event!

• Like 2

Its nice because its fresh, i enjoyed it so far.

You can camp mid road to fish some deliver guys, or try to destroy their base (i say try because its fairly impossible), or be the transporter, protect your team bases. You got plenty of choices and thats something you don't see much in most of apb misions.

7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i like this event, even tho it needs a lot of QoL tweaks

I always read this as Queen of Love. 

9 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i like this event, even tho it needs a lot of QoL tweaks and touchups imo

my biggest gripes are 

2. the use of central park as the most important area - the park shouldnt be used for anything, its arguably the single worst location in any district
  3. the rewards/progress - it feels very limiting to only be able to do one daily per day and therefore only "progress" once per day, especially in a game like apb that so heavily features progression. additionally you cant level roles, earning money is slow due to match times and final scores, and theres obviously no contacts for standing

other than that its just minor stuff

Last night we had a pretty epic battle one round in the central park. All the teams reached 100% and we battled back and forth destroying the barrels. It was a really good finale. However, that seems to be the exception. Too many times the barrel is too difficult to find or you just do not have enough time. With only 90 seconds, if you try and push in to find the opposing barrel and die, that is pretty much your only push. They need to find a way to make the finale more back and forth more times than not.

If this becomes a full time game mode I assume the fog would be gone.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

I gotta agree with #3.  The other two not so much.  I like the fog when used in events (I hate it in the main game though).  I think central park is the perfect place to have 3 teams fight over after each capture their 3rd of the district because they all end up converging at the center, though markers for the barrels could be made a little more obvious.

The only thing I dislike about the event other than its rocky start is that APB has always had a ton of info on the screen during missions but this event sometimes feels like sensory overload at times, with the amount of numbers, icons and colors on the screen at a time.  Might just be a matter of my brain being slow to process that stuff though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I gotta agree with #3.  The other two not so much.  I like the fog when used in events (I hate it in the main game though).  I think central park is the perfect place to have 3 teams fight over after each capture their 3rd of the district because they all end up converging at the center, though markers for the barrels could be made a little more obvious.

The only thing I dislike about the event other than its rocky start is that APB has always had a ton of info on the screen during missions but this event sometimes feels like sensory overload at times, with the amount of numbers, icons and colors on the screen at a time.  Might just be a matter of my brain being slow to process that stuff though.

I agree there is too much information. There are times also when the opposition barrel hud just disappears. Or you're driving to a neutral zone and even though it hasn't been captured it just disappears. Finding the name of teammates is difficult because they do not show up either. Overall the HUD is pretty bad.

• Like 1

As for the fog i personally appreciate it cause it made the whole things spooky and we have to keep in mind that it is an Halloween event, and it is coherent cause the ongoing is about to spread a mass of gas through the entire city so the air will become foggier.

Insted one thing that i dont appreciate is the rewards,i mean also if your team wins i get only 5 consumables, they could made the rewards better in my opinion.

Edited by iDontThinkSo

Hi everyone,

Lots of good feedback here for the team as we iterate more on this mode.

Thanks,

Matt

For the future, I suggest clearly outlining areas on the overhead map.

The neutral to-be-infected areas are nigh invisible as the thin baseball star just blends with the rest of it. An outline or a transparent overlay (like what GTA San Andreas does) would go a long way to help with this

Next year you should edit the map a bit - it would be nice to have flattened car wrecks at the central park to use as cover ("flattened" as in no wheels, can't shoot beneath them)

Edited by Nitronik

A small QoL change would be an improvement to the map, showing what area has been captured by which team and which areas are neutral.

On 11/3/2018 at 8:02 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Lots of good feedback here for the team as we iterate more on this mode.

Thanks,

Matt

Patch day was yesterday, kills still don't count towards roles and total player kills. Are we just not gonna get this hotfix before Halloween event ends. Never enjoyed having so much action in the game and getting lots of frags.... but the fact that they don't count towards roles just make me not wanna play more in that Halloween district. @MattScott Are we gonna get a hotfix or something soon... I want my rifleman rank 16 already to get my chrome skin reward.

That bug is there since the dynamic events came out I think... is there a way to turn it off.. I think G1 didn't even realize (they also didn't really care I guess or it was intended).

Edited by moneychixx

Sign in to follow this