CookiePuss

So.... is red names not showing up intentional or a bug?

23 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Just curious... if @MattScott or @Lixil could let us know that'd be cool.

For clarification, just in the event or are you not seeing them in other places?

5 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

For clarification, just in the event or are you not seeing them in other places?

Just the event. And its not consistent... sometimes they show, sometimes they dont.

I honestly think it's a spotting mechanic for the event. afaik, the names show up in action districts just fine, it's for the event and FOV. Tryna make everyone sneaky, otherwise I'm sure we'd have even more people like myself, who just use the obeya and do nothing but click below the red name lmao

I had the same problem last time I was in. I actually ran past two opponents going in the opposite direction. Neither one fired on me so I'm guessing they didn't shoot for the same reason I had as they weren't registered in red to me. I did turn around and found out if you aim in their names will turn red and you can shoot but that was just one isolated incident so I cannot say if that's a valid workaround or not.

I don't know if this was intentional or not and my first thought it was a glitch due to the fog effect.

G1 added that so you wouldn't see red names through fog.

Knowing G1, it obviously doesn't work properly.

just shoot anyone who doesn’t have a green name, it’s not that hard is it?

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

I get spooked by running civilians.

Plus, no one said it was hard.

Edited by CookiePuss

There's no team damage, so just shoot anything that moves. If you want to be sure that'd be the best way

15 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

We do have pedestrians dont we sir?

Just now, Defibrillator said:

We do have pedestrians dont we sir?

idk about you but a pedestrian and a player running def look different to me

if that’s really an issue shoot the pedestrians too

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

idk about you but a pedestrian and a player running def look different to me

if that’s really an issue shoot the pedestrians too

Maybe friendly fire is off cuz of guys like u? xD

Ofc its a bug.

Most funny thing is when you see an enemy vehicle with 1 red name and then suddenly 3 more get out of the car ...

2 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Maybe friendly fire is off cuz of guys like u? xD

i wish it was on tbh, super annoying breaking off an engagement because a grenade landed near me only to realize it was thrown by a teammate 

10 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i wish it was on tbh, super annoying breaking off an engagement because a grenade landed near me only to realize it was thrown by a teammate 

Just asking people to grief at that point then. Since the teams are random and the community is so small, people are forced to play with people they normally don't get along with. Last thing I want is some noob mowing me down because of issues they have from action districts. 

1 minute ago, LaQuandra said:

Just asking people to grief at that point then. Since the teams are random and the community is so small, people are forced to play with people they normally don't get along with. Last thing I want is some noob mowing me down because of issues they have from action districts. 

i suppose

if people want to grief they’re going to grief tho, id much rather they get booted for team killing than stick around running over barrels and trashing vehicles with impunity 

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

i suppose

if people want to grief they’re going to grief tho, id much rather they get booted for team killing than stick around running over barrels and trashing vehicles with impunity 

I agree that they will grief if they really want to, but it would be super annoying to be gunned down right as the match begins. 5 TKs and you're kicked anyway, but as well all know, it's pretty dumb especially when you're TKing your group mates waiting for opposition. 

Overall I have been surprised at the lack of griefing so far.

31 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

I agree that they will grief if they really want to, but it would be super annoying to be gunned down right as the match begins. 5 TKs and you're kicked anyway, but as well all know, it's pretty dumb especially when you're TKing your group mates waiting for opposition. 

Overall I have been surprised at the lack of griefing so far.

fair point

and yeah to be honest i’ve seen very little griefing this year, at the very least that’s a solid positive for this event - the headless horseman griefing was out of control on day 1 lol

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

fair point

and yeah to be honest i’ve seen very little griefing this year, at the very least that’s a solid positive for this event - the headless horseman griefing was out of control on day 1 lol

can't grief if you can't see shit in the fog

2 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

can't grief if you can't see shit in the fog

hah! gottem

The developers are saying that the names not showing up is an intended feature which helps to enhance the spooky aesthetic. The names will show up if the person is shooting at you or if you are looking directly at them.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Lixil said:

The developers are saying that the names not showing up is an intended feature which helps to enhance the spooky aesthetic. The names will show up if the person is shooting at you or if you are looking directly at them.

Thanks Lixil!

1 hour ago, Lixil said:

The names only pop up random.

Definitely not workins as intended.

17 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

The names only pop up random.

Definitely not workins as intended.

Passed to the QA team to check.

• Thanks 1

Honestly, green nametags not always showing up through walls in the main game is a bigger issue.