Sign in to follow this  
kurbstomp88

Officail ruling on crosshair shaders

So recently in district chat ive been seeming people talking about using the old advanced launcher and custom crosshair shaders, however shaders have been stated as bannable by g1     5(?) years ago. can we get on official ruling if shaders are still seen as an unfair advantage? and bannable 

I know this hence why I said g1 stated they are bannable 5 years ago however ive seen large groups (5/6 people) openly discussing using shaders in district chat and wants to reaffirm the ruling 

Shaders for crosshairs have been bannable for years, yeah - but people currently use crosshair overlays.

🤷‍♀️

Never ever trust anything written in /d chat regarding official rules/TOS issues. Not even from GMs.

Sad, but true.

8 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Never ever trust anything written in /d chat regarding official rules/TOS issues. Not even from GMs.

Sad, but true.

come to forums to confirm what I already knew told not to trust people that clearly I didn't trust.... frankly I know they are bannable and just trying to create a sort of awareness because when I mentioned them being bannable in d to the offenders they shrugged it off and didn't believe me 

Edited by kurbstomp88

Oldschool: Point the middle of your screen with a edding

3 minutes ago, Dasimoge said:

Oldschool: Point the middle of your screen with a edding

or a piece of tape with a marker dot, I don't like rubbing my screen to get ink off. again I know the work arounds im just waiting for the admin post stating flat out they are bannable so the next time I see the offenders ill link the post. we already have a small and dwindling player base the last thing we need is new players getting banned from something some idiot told them to do..... 

Edited by kurbstomp88

What so ever,

customizable crosshairs should be an suggestion.

Such in cs:go, where you can choose between static or dynamic.

1 minute ago, Dasimoge said:

What so ever,

customizable crosshairs should be an suggestion.

Such in cs:go, where you can choose between static or dynamic.

I don't play cs:go but I also agree shaders should be an option in game, since clearly any try hard will use a work around so any advantage they were trying to prevent still exists

3 minutes ago, kurbstomp88 said:

I don't play cs:go but I also agree shaders should be an option in game, since clearly any try hard will use a work around so any advantage they were trying to prevent still exists

You don't even need a programm for that.

Gaming monitors have custom crosshair integrated.

Like the monitor from my brother, in his options you can activate "Screen Custom Crosshair (Gaming mode need to be enabled)"

The problem is the company is not decisive. If I had my own way everyone should play the game Vanilla.  On the other hand all the game files should be locked, If you allow the game files to be modified you can't blame people for doing it.

1 minute ago, Nev said:

The problem is the company is not decisive. If I had my own way everyone should play the game Vanilla.  On the other hand all the game files should be locked, If you allow the game files to be modified you can't blame people for doing it.

Exactly!

Why use shaders that only work with Bloom when you can use overlays?

15 minutes ago, hack said:

Why use shaders that only work with Bloom when you can use overlays?

a shader and an over lay are the same thing and shaders don't show bloom wither good shaders like what I used before they were banned had custom color codes multiple reticle styles multiple reticle sizes and could be set as always on, and frankly an overlay is the same thing as a shader, the only difference being shaders are in game files overlays are overlays

Shaders are not the same as overlays.

Just so everyone knows.

But yeah, shaders are both bannable, and widely used.

Hell one guy even streams the sweet patootie Borderlands Shader with a center dot.

That being said, if you for whatever reason decide to use them... know you can be banned at any time. Not at all worth IMO.

Edited by CookiePuss

Sign in to follow this