• Total trash
    • Great give them an A -sike-
    • I want horseman back!

38 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

bring barrels to waypoints

defend barrels

take over park

super complicated

Yep, this is  why he had to post a walk-through, "just get the barrels to the point and win". 

the "git gud" philosophy in a nutshell.

Everything about this thread seems outright childish (see: no options in the poll are positive, aPairOfSocks is unironically given attention in the OP), but sure, I'll bite. Here's my personal opinion or whatever.

The event is not a success - but that's okay. I never wanted it to be one. I never expected it to be one either.

In fact, I'm glad that Little Orbit dedicated time to giving us something unique this Halloween. Bonus points for the fact that it's an entirely new gamemode, constructed within this old engine (which is notoriously awful to work with, due to the code being a bunch of spaghetti, but LO have overcome the difficulties).

Yes, it's far from perfect. Yes, it's had (or maybe still has) its bugs. But what deserves praise is that Little Orbit have immediately jumped to fixing the problems, effectively releasing like three updates/bugfixes in one day. Pre-buyout GamersFirst wouldn't have given you this kind of attention.

...actually, scratch that. Pre-buyout GamersFirst wouldn't have given you this kind of an event at all. At the very best we'd get a sale (and you best not forget to buy our special edition Joker Halloween Boxes for a chance at one of the old legendaries ;))) ) ...and that'd be all. Absolute fuck-all, the bare minimum of attention, and it wouldn't even be for the community to get together and play some games, but to try and squeeze some more money out of people.

Of course I'm not trying to imply that Little Orbit isn't in it for the profit - every company is, and thinking otherwise would be outright silly. But the difference here is that Little Orbit are working for their buck.

Releasing "Epidemic" proved that:

1) LO are actively trying to give players unique reasons to stick with the game.

2) LO are capable of releasing a working proof of concept for a gamemode (as in, a territory control-oriented, multi-team deathmatch) even despite currently being limited to the old engine's clunkiness.

3) LO are consistently working to provide a steady and enjoyable experience and will patch out bugs and errors as soon as they can.

Personally, I find that very commendable and I'm happy that finally APB is in the hands of people who actually care about the quality of the product.

aPairOfSocks's stance mentioned in the OP is simply childish. Similarly, user Sayori a couple of posts above this one said that people on the forums are stuck in an echo chamber, wearing rose-tinted glasses. Well, pray tell, what would be the correct terminology to describe the opposite, contrarian stance?

"Everything is shit. Everything is terrible. Fuck LO. They are only doing bad things." - Absolutely no consideration for the positives, no argumentation other than "it sucks and i hate it", no real attempt at trying to work with the devs to improve the game. LO have proved that they are listening to feedback... but I suppose it's way easier to just fuzzy bunny about everything and dismiss any and all positives as "not enough" or "too little too late".

I can't speak for anyone else, but from me personally... congrats, LO. Honest, unironic congratulations.

The event has its flaws, but everything concerning it proves that you do care about the game. I hope that kind of sentiment carries over into the future.

• Like 3

Here's how I see it, it's new, it's never been done on this game before. It's for a limited time and for what it's worth, they're giving away weapons skins. You're a moron if you're going to complain about free shit. 

I've played almost every team based shooter known to man, and I have to say, this isn't AAA rated. Nor is it going to win any awards at a gaming convention, BUT. For the first time in 2/3 years we've had something substantial happen in a extremely small game. Sure they have been hit and miss with things but god damn they're trying harder than G1 did to keep the fires going.

And ya'll can rag on Matt all you want. The dude has a sense of shame and he's apologized several times for when things don't go EXACTLY how the barely existent community wanted it to.

I'm not saying mistakes that were made were alright, I'm just saying that it's a WIP and we need patience if we want this game to continue.  

As for the event. I personally enjoy it, I love the city wide warfare, the lack of names till someone shoots/shot at. The fact you can grab a bunch of random people in a full car and go fuck with other teams is great. BUT It's team based and with a population seemingly split between BRs and everyone else. That's a language barrier that prevents effective team communication, WHICH YOU NEED FOR THIS EVENT.

That's the only downfall I'm seeing. That, and that multiple barrels on the same point don't cap it faster, like come on, if we're wasting barrels by setting them down once then there should be a bonus at least.

Ya'll are taking something nice for granted here. If we had the old event we'd be crying for something new.

Sure this isn't seamless, but for those who were around for the old event. You should remember the Blades Hotel Glitch. You could climb into the sky walk between the towers in waterfront by ways of glitching in with deployables at your feet/jumping rapidly. People were being banned over usage of it till it was fixed, and even then others were finding other locations to go.

Neither event was perfect. You just remember the good times.

• Like 2

0 explanation of what do you have to do with the excuse of "Look at the forums". You shouldn't have to look at the forums to know how to play a game.
Pedrestrians walking around the infected city like nothing happens, so it just kills all the feeling.

Edited by TheKeanuReeves

26 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Pedrestrians walking around the infected city like nothing happens, so it just kills all the feeling.

More than the normal apb where pedestrians walk around in a warzone like nothing is happening?

23 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

0 explanation of what do you have to do with the excuse of "Look at the forums". You shouldn't have to look at the forums to know how to play a game.

if you would have a brain you would understand it literally after some minutes of playing and watching other people do stuff also when you join the event look at the loading screen there are tips there already 

13 minutes ago, HardStyler3 said:

if you would have a brain you would understand it literally after some minutes of playing and watching other people do stuff also when you join the event look at the loading screen there are tips there already 

No one said I didn't get how to play it after some minutes, but that's not an excuse to be lazy developer.

I am pretty sure they are trying better than GamersFirst already. I seen worse before than this. At least Matt Scott is listening to the community and trying to fix the problem for them. He didn't go on a improved rifling range patch for no reason btw. The community asked for balance and shit. Also the event is nice but it just need better tweaking.

Edited by moneychixx

The event is a little rough around the edges, but overall it's pretty good. Shame it didn't come out in 2012 when the population and clans were alive because it seems like it would be a fun clan event. 

8 hours ago, Akahi said:

I have to agree . I was a little bit let down that there were no actual zombies, and the 3 team thing would have been better with 2.  But I am starting to get better at the event and it is fun to be something other than grinding for rep with contacts.

I swear I don't know how some folks just go on a hate rage and expect that their complaints are going to help (not the ones offering constructive criticism and feedback).

The fog effect is really cool. I wish we could have that added in regular mission districts on random days!

3 team thing is better. we already had an enforcer vs criminal on otw and it didnt go as fun a this.

sorry but i disagree with you.

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

3 team thing is better. we already had an enforcer vs criminal on otw and it didnt go as fun a this.

sorry but i disagree with you.

Ok that's it ! YOU'RE IN TROUBLE NOW!!! lol

I played three missions today and you're right , it is better to have three teams. For me it was kind of fun to play with a mix of enforcers and criminals! (My only problem was with the trolls we had on one mission but thank goodness it was just one incident for me). I was going to "like" your comment but it says I ran out of my allotted reactions for the day. 😞

I didnt like the event, but its the first try and they made a lot of people happy and thats great.

It just plain looked funny, all the bio suits, eveyone looking the same in a game wirh heavy customisation. The increased 'fog of war' just made it feel annoying. To me it was just boring, Pickup barrel drive to a spot car blows or it doesnt and you just sit there, maybe i was doing it wrong. In the end didnt spark my interest at all and just took players away from district  missions.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

More than the normal apb where pedestrians walk around in a warzone like nothing is happening?

Yeah, never liked that either.

At least we have a new event this year and not the same as the last of the last of the last of the emmm! last and LO has put the effort in.

Next update from Matt.

Hi guys were releasing the new engine to 3.5

Community 90% "thats an estimation"

we want 4 now cause 3.5 sucks .... blah blaha blah & so on and on and on.

Sign in to follow this