Sign in to follow this  
Excalibur!

(forum) Custom tittle & like limit

@Lixil

Some people suggested likes and dislikes shouldn't be loaded on your profile because of what alraedy happened, and you took the negatives off and thats nice.

Now the problem is that there are not enough likes/dislikes to give thanks or express how do we feel towards a post.

ANY other media allows you have infinite likes or dislikes and they wont affect your profile.

I may understand you need to know who is most approved by the community...

So here is a solution i thought: since only likes are working (loaded to your profile), it would be nice that this button is completly separate from the others. Emojis and thanks could be infinite, but only likes or dislikes may rate the post and would be the ones limited to 10 (this could still be abused to rate imporant posts to make modifications to the game or other important stuf... i have no good ideas to prevent it).

With this we would be able to freely express how do we feel towards a post.

It would be nice if you add an angry emoji too.

Edited by LuzExtinguido
  • Like 1

I'd say remove 'likes' and 'dislikes', it's narcissistic and ruins every social environment.

Let the people re-learn to speak up, that stuff limits them to a unknown degree.

Leave the reputation and make it so you can like a topic, for posts change likes and dislikes to agree and disagree. Fixed

44 minutes ago, xNyuu said:

I'd say remove 'likes' and 'dislikes', it's narcissistic and ruins every social environment.

Let the people re-learn to speak up, that stuff limits them to a unknown degree.

in the past e had this and then small little subcommunties ruined the system by pointlessly like and dislike people by just how they liked a person and not what was posted. This together with alt spam acocounts is what made the old Likes disappear. And I am sure in a not too soon future somethign similar will happen and similar measurements will have to be done.

Edited by LilyV3

You guys may not understand that they probably need the likes loaded to profile for the reason i mentioned (this may be abused too, like tobii does with about 50 profile likes).

I honestly think profile rating its stupid.

What it needs to be rated are the posts. But if they like the profile rating so bad i just come with this idea: rate the post with emojis (infinite, only 1 per post); rate profile and post with likes or dislikes (dislikes not loaded to profile).

And 10 per account may be huge for those who has more than 10 accs... i would say 1-3 to rate very important posts.

I already been dissuaded to log into my accounts and dislike everything tobii says with only reducing them to 10.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

It was removed recently, i had no idea.
But it was kinda cool feature. (custom tittles)

No pressure, but it was kinda cool. 

Also, any chance of removing the like limit? Don't really have any opinions on the dislike one.
Thanks!

I can see why the limit is there, but 5 per day does seem a little low. I think the custom titles should return for sure.

• Like 1

Custom titles started being abused. I will in future make a topic where players can request these.

Limits for reactions are currently 10. This option will not be unlimited - again due to abusing this feature.

I made sure all features to be available for the players. As players start to abuse these, options get limited/removed. I do apologize for this.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 2:07 PM, Lixil said:

Custom titles started being abused. I will in future make a topic where players can request these.

Limits for reactions are currently 10. This option will not be unlimited - again due to abusing this feature.

I made sure all features to be available for the players. As players start to abuse these, options get limited/removed. I do apologize for this.

Custom titles could be available to those who met a post count threshold and/or a reputation threshold. then special badges for streamers, content creators, and/or joker associates (those who have created items found in game).

anyway, previous forum disabled dislikes to prevent negativity (much like reddit where people lose themselves over a single downvote). reputation was also hidden on the actual forum and could only be seen through profiles (so posts were read more on the actual reply rather than who posted it).

any plans to implement this system again?

1 hour ago, tennogrineer said:

Custom titles could be available to those who met a post count threshold and/or a reputation threshold. then special badges for streamers, content creators, and/or joker associates (those who have created items found in game).

anyway, previous forum disabled dislikes to prevent negativity (much like reddit where people lose themselves over a single downvote). reputation was also hidden on the actual forum and could only be seen through profiles (so posts were read more on the actual reply rather than who posted it).

any plans to implement this system again?

I'm checking what we can do about titles.

There's no negativity anymore. You can "dislike" something but it doesn't do anything to reputation. It can only go up.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Lixil said:

There's no negativity anymore. You can "dislike" something but it doesn't do anything to reputation. It can only go up.

oh cool dint know that, guess it just has some just has a misleading negative connotation, no worries then 🙂 thanks :]

there were also badges for those who supported breast cancer awareness, "pink day" i believe. in any case, lots of opportunity to have some badges...maybe just seen in profiles if it gets too cluttered.

On 5/30/2018 at 3:07 PM, Lixil said:

Can't you let titles for members with a <X> number of posts?

I don't wanna see my pretty shiny title go away. It's so simple and yet effective. :classic_unsure:

15 hours ago, Poperon said:

Can't you let titles for members with a <X> number of posts?

I don't wanna see my pretty shiny title go away. It's so simple and yet effective. :classic_unsure:

If I did that then I would have spammers all over the forums trying to get to the number required. I will open thread tomorrow so I can track it.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Lixil said:

Seems like people can't earn custom title privileges on new forums, as the function was merely transferred over from old forums. Would be nice if we could earn it back if it's ever implemented again.

What about having titles similar to the in game titles?

Edit:

Or, If possible, could we make a change that would require approval by someone like a GM or Admin, and make a Title Change like a Name Change, you can only change it every x days... (30 or 60?)?

This could limit on the number of active changes, and the abuse of the system.

Edited by Sergsininia