Kewlin

Sorry LO, but This Event is a Little Ridiculous.

Is this ridiculous?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Should You be Able to get ALL the new Skins?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is it Absurd That you Need to Play Ten out of Fourteen Days the Event is Active?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:

If it's the activity 'Kill 10 players in friendly locations' you have to kill players in a zone that is fully captured by your team (you have to be in the zone, they don't)

but the zone was captured...and i was in it..... some cases so were they but it didn't count and no one else was there some of those times *shrugs*

39 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

I appreciate the new devs trying something new but no matter what they do this community always complains.....

I would cut them some slack for their first try at an event. I'm not the biggest fan of it either but they get a B+ for trying.

its more of bug reporting than complaining in this thread

I mean i find the event fine...

On 11/1/2018 at 8:03 AM, Ketog said:

doing one per day doesn't take more than 20 minutes maximum

none of the dailies took me more than 20 minutes

Did you take a screenshot? Did you print it, frame it and put it by your bedside?

Or maybe... do you want a medal?

Do you propose we should euthanise anyone that needed more than 20 minutes to cleanse the genepool?

Actually, you don't seem to be the brightest lightbulb in the block, so let me spell it out for you: completion conditions that mainly depend on the actions of complete strangers are simply the worst thing ever, especially when it requires them to take very unlikely course of action and you have your whole team actively competing with you, knowingly or not.

And your insignificant personal experience means nothing in term of actual numbers. You're not proving anything, and it serves no purpose than derail the discussion. Keep your anecdotes to your blog.

If you have nothing valuable to add to the discussion, have the decency to not chime in as you're just making noise.

Come back with a valuable opinion at least.

On 11/1/2018 at 7:57 AM, Kewlin said:

So first thing's first, Little Orbit, you're seriously releasing an event that requires people to play ten out of fourteen days the event is active? I figure you guys have pretty busy schedules yourself over there, so I thought you'd understand that people like. . . I don't know, sometimes have things they need to do beside playing your game? But nah, apparently that doesn't matter and people should need to play APB nearly every day of the event to get all the rewards. Your grandma just died? Got a wedding to set up? Work twelve hours a few days? You're moving? Your internet or power's out? Well guess what? You don't get to get all the rewards because LO needs you to dedicate time to the event 71% of the days during the event, and if you have more than a few characters just give up and uninstall. (I never quite understood why APB punishes people who pay to have more characters by making all events rewards character bound, but that's beside the point I guess?)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about needing to put in effort to get event rewards, what I'm specifically complaining about is the fact that you cannot grind at your own pace, and you instead need to put in a random amount of effort as determined by what daily activity you're assigned nearly every day. (By the way, the difficulty of  the activities is not balanced at all. . . like killing people carrying barrels? Really? That's not even based on skill in any way, that's quite honestly just random luck since people are only ever carrying barrels for like two seconds at a time. But I digress)

Second, this is not confirmed but it would appear that it's very likely the case that you can only get two out of the three event skins. Basically, you get new skins at rank 4 and 8, and Matt Scott said that you need to choose between skins every time you get on so. . . we can assume you only can get two out of three. . . like. . . really LO? Who does this make happier? It's not like this creates any sense of exclusivity, 'cause it's entirely arbitrary.

My personal suggestion to change this would be giving everyone one of the skins for free on login, but if not at least put it in one of the other ranks.

Personally for me, playing 10/14 days isn't an issue but I can see where really busy people are coming from. Anything that you cannot grind at your own pace is frustrating in games in general. You do make a very strong point about too many things being character bound, not only from armas but also from events. I strongly agree with this, pretty much everything needs to become account wide already, from everything available on armas down to every event reward. There is no doubt about that. No matter how limited it may be by the engine or whatever, it needs to be adapted for that, if not now then at least for when the new engine arrives.

I do also support the idea of making all new weapon skins obtainable somehow, not necessarily by giving them for free upon logging in, but by adding an extra rank or why not just make it so you receive ALL of the items in a rank reward package that you currently need to choose from? I don't see the appeal in having to only pick one. That just sounds like someone is being lazy, making it so that players can wait till next year to get a new (old) skin instead of creating new skins/rewards each year.

Last, but not least, yes,  some of the daily activities are B.S. like the killing players that carry barrels one. It's virtually impossible to pull 3 kills like that if you don't just get a friend to help you. No one ever carries a barrel for longer than half a second up to a second, and even if you do see someone like that (who hasn't yet seen you), as soon as you shoot once, they will instantly drop the barrel and run for cover, which makes it impossible to pull that activity off. I strongly recommend removing it.

I also dislike the fact that there is no real appeal in winning the actual epidemic matches, you don't really win anything even half decent from those. It's all about the activities which puts many players (me included) off from actually finishing up any matches or trying to win any matches. You only get some consumables (which, it's about time that we turn them into normal player mods that don't run out, but just have a cooldown instead BTW) and APB$ which is useless for the most part. You go into a district, do your activity (while not giving a darn about the objective or who's winning) and you just leave the district until the next activity comes up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flaws said:

I strongly agree with this, pretty much everything needs to become account wide already, from everything available on armas down to every event reward. There is no doubt about that.

While I almost entirely agree with that, what about joker tickets?

That would either advantage/disadvantage people with multiple characters.

I'm with you 100% for event exclusives (ie not on the armas shop) being account wide though.

7 minutes ago, Flaws said:

I also dislike the fact that there is no real appeal in winning the actual epidemic matches, you don't really win anything even half decent from those.

Yep, agreed 100% there too, as I highlighted on an other post. And since winning doesn't matter, participating in the event also doesn't.

And, truth be told, if it weren't for the shitty activities, I'd actually enjoy the "novelty" of it. But a good chunk of the people are just doing it for the activities, so that makes it just more sluggish.

• Like 1

I'd take this event over Headless tbh. The battles were pretty fun with the number of people participating, especially during the park stage. It's also refreshing to have obscured/hidden nametags, so that some people don't easily spot you; allowing you to get a ton of kills if you're sneaky enough. 

Headless for me was just a run fest imo, with a bunch of people chasing after a few survivors for an unreasonable amount of time. It had it's charm, but we've had the event for a while now.

Needless to say, the dailies and rewards should be fixed and re-evaluated.

so today i have capture 5 zones which means barrel delivery

only grabbing barrels keeps getting me stuck.

I'm missing out on too many dailys from bugs n such

44 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

so today i have capture 5 zones which means barrel delivery

only grabbing barrels keeps getting me stuck.

I'm missing out on too many dailys from bugs n such

I can't say I've ever gotten that issue. Do you have a video of it?

why record myself getting stuck from a bug picking up a barrel?

easier to just tell them so they can check how to fix it.

it doesn't happen all the time but 14+ times in 24 hours is a lot when im used to having to use unstick maybe once a year.

25 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

why record myself getting stuck from a bug picking up a barrel?

easier to just tell them so they can check how to fix it.

it doesn't happen all the time but 14+ times in 24 hours is a lot when im used to having to use unstick maybe once a year.

Well, if there's a recording of it the staff (or even just other players) could try to help figure out what exactly could be causing that.

Just now, Kevkof said:

Well, if there's a recording of it the staff (or even just other players) could try to help figure out what exactly could be causing that.

its picking up a barrel to go capture its pretty self explanatory...

I remember the headless crap event being boring. Werent the /d dead with a day or two after the event started? 

I logged in only once for this event. Played it and got some yellow mods, which are absolutely crap for the time I put in. The rewards are bad but I logged in because LO actually put in new content. I want to try and play once more in a full /d. Maybe the event will be more fun.

I think rewards like skins and anything permanent (not titles) will make people log in (and is the way to go. F- joke tickets and titles). But if what OP said is true, thats asking too much. 

3 hours ago, Flaws said:

Personally for me, playing 10/14 days isn't an issue but I can see where really busy people are coming from. Anything that you cannot grind at your own pace is frustrating in games in general. You do make a very strong point about too many things being character bound, not only from armas but also from events. I strongly agree with this, pretty much everything needs to become account wide already, from everything available on armas down to every event reward. There is no doubt about that. No matter how limited it may be by the engine or whatever, it needs to be adapted for that, if not now then at least for when the new engine arrives.

Yeah, I've been begging for years for APB to have account bound options for everything, even if it costs a ton. . .

(Legendaries being the exception, as Onadan said.)

3 hours ago, Flaws said:

I also dislike the fact that there is no real appeal in winning the actual epidemic matches, you don't really win anything even half decent from those. It's all about the activities which puts many players (me included) off from actually finishing up any matches or trying to win any matches. You only get some consumables (which, it's about time that we turn them into normal player mods that don't run out, but just have a cooldown instead BTW) and APB$ which is useless for the most part. You go into a district, do your activity (while not giving a darn about the objective or who's winning) and you just leave the district until the next activity comes up.

Agreed, I liked the event the first day, but I haven't actually played it really since the first day. Instead of playing the event, I've been getting angry at activities that aren't fun and are against the point of the event mission. By the time I finish my activities for the game I'm just pissed at APB and want to stop as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

Since I haven't personally seen this issue, could you add some more detail? I've picked up a fair number of barrels but I've never gotten that issue. 

Could you potentially point out in the video when exactly the issue occurs. That might help others to test/find it.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

I think I might know waht the glitch is, I have a theory at least; I've destroyed enemy barrels at where they spawn in a captured region and when I do another glitched barrel sometimes comes back instantly, cant shoot it, and can walk through it. Maybe you are picking up this glitched one

27 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Yeah, I've been begging for years for APB to have account bound options for everything, even if it costs a ton. . .

(Legendaries being the exception, as Onadan said.)

Agreed, I liked the event the first day, but I haven't actually played it really since the first day. Instead of playing the event, I've been getting angry at activities that aren't fun and are against the point of the event mission. By the time I finish my activities for the game I'm just pissed at APB and want to stop as soon as possible.

Ive never liked these directive missions during events in apb or other games. Absolutely hate it how you have to play away from where everyone is gathered, against the common goal/mission. So you single your self out and the activities are always annoying and not fun. Be lucky and get a head shot while a char is carrying a barrel during sunset on a sunday. Since you want the reward, you go on these solo mission not because you enjoy them but for the reward. So the entire time you are actually having a terrible time. So when I tell people Ive grinded warframe for 400 hours, its not because I enjoyed every minute, its because I was grinding to get loot that would get me somewhere where I could finally be strong enough to. Granted we are talking about event activities and not warframe, but I feel the same about both.

I hate the FC and /d events where you have to go away from your normal gameplay. I love asylum because its a simple $$ event. The more you play however the hell you wanna play, you get rewarded for it. Activities should be like that and a slight step above. Get 10 kills with smg, get 5 nade kills. Nothing too specific. 

17 minutes ago, killerskull said:

~snip~

Agreed, agreed, agreed.

The role should just reward playing or winning event missions TBH, or maybe something like capping or kills in general.

• Like 1

Haven't got a kill yet. Not that i've really tried, but if you guys really want me to camp a spot to try and get some kills i won't really bother. Maybe next year.

2 hours ago, Archon said:

I think I might know waht the glitch is, I have a theory at least; I've destroyed enemy barrels at where they spawn in a captured region and when I do another glitched barrel sometimes comes back instantly, cant shoot it, and can walk through it. Maybe you are picking up this glitched one

start of mission when i posted. since then they may of updated a patch i dont know but it hasnt happened since this morning

yesterday and this morning it happened a lot and others in game said they were getting stuck as well..... now its not *shrugs*

On 11/1/2018 at 7:06 AM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

There is a lot of good feedback here. We are reading it all and making adjustments.

The goal of Epidemic was to do something new and different for the players as a way to stress test and iterate on bits and pieces of the new RIOT mode. 

Clearly there are things we need to continue tweaking, but we have just put another patch up to fix some of the more frustrating items:

•    Barrel stacks can no longer be damaged by friendly fire.
•    Reduced the damage taken in enemy controlled zones.
•    Fixed the "Win Epidemic Matches" daily activity.

We’ll figure out the balance (or lack there of) with Daily Activities and needing to log in most days to cap out the event.

Thanks,

Matt

Friendly fire on vehicles is really creating an issue as well. If my friend is on another team, I can sit in my teams spawn and blown up their vehicles as they try to leave. Making it much easier for my friends team to win. 

the event was boring with G1 and is boring now.. same as the rewards.. These rewards don't really motivate to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

unknown.png

At this point it just feels like boring grind ngl .

At least you were gettng rewards every day on the lower ranks .