Kewlin

Sorry LO, but This Event is a Little Ridiculous.

Is this ridiculous?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Should You be Able to get ALL the new Skins?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is it Absurd That you Need to Play Ten out of Fourteen Days the Event is Active?

• Yes
    • No

Idk what went on the discussion but I want to add or repeat..  finish bugged joker activities too,  or impossible ones (kill 3 enemies as they drop barrels for 0.2 sec) 

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

There is a lot of good feedback here. We are reading it all and making adjustments.

The goal of Epidemic was to do something new and different for the players as a way to stress test and iterate on bits and pieces of the new RIOT mode. 

Clearly there are things we need to continue tweaking, but we have just put another patch up to fix some of the more frustrating items:

•    Barrel stacks can no longer be damaged by friendly fire.
•    Reduced the damage taken in enemy controlled zones.
•    Fixed the "Win Epidemic Matches" daily activity.

We’ll figure out the balance (or lack there of) with Daily Activities and needing to log in most days to cap out the event.

Thanks,

Matt

Can you please reset the pumpkin smashing in waterfront/financial for my character so I dont have to make a new character that i'll never play just to smash pumpkins with my friends since the other event is kind of not completed and is a work in progress/stress test?

Oh, BTW Matt, is it on purpose that the "Kill 10 Enemies near friendly small Toxin Barrels" activity only works with barrels that say "pickup," not ones that say "defend"?

@MattScott Well, i play the Event on all my characters and i think the Event is great, it was very annoying at first, it was stuttering. but now I enjoy it, thanks for this funny idea and the event. 👌

@MattScott Hey could you please change this "Dayly Epidfemic missions in sort of something like in fightclub baylan and increased value of missions done ?

we have like 9 lvls to do so its at last 9 days  if u lucky maybe u should lower timer from 24h to 1h ? to let ppl spend time ingame and not just grind 1 daily and left.
OFCORE YESTERDAY I GET WIN MATCH MISSION WHICH I CANT EVEN FINISH WHILE I WIN 10 MATCHES IN THIS DAY

NEXT QUESTION FROM WHERE I CAN GET THIS FUKIN WITCHES HAT !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TheSxW

10 minutes ago, TheSxW said:

NEXT QUESTION FROM WHERE I CAN GET THIS FUKIN WITCHES HAT !!!!!!!!!!!

Witch hat is the reward for one of the daily activities. The kill 3 players in the final zone challenge

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

Oh, BTW Matt, is it on purpose that the "Kill 10 Enemies near friendly small Toxin Barrels" activity only works with barrels that say "pickup," not ones that say "defend"?

Isnt it only the big palette of barrels? That one at least has worked for me.

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Isnt it only the big palette of barrels? That one at least has worked for me.

That specifically does not work, (note that it says "small" barrels,) in fact if you go to the contact the longer description is, "Kill 10 Enemies while near friendly toxin barrels (not barrel stacks)." But I'll tell you the reason that works, which is because a large percentage of the time the barrel stacks will have small barrels ready for pickup next to them. (The range around a small barrel that you can get a kill and contribute to the activity is rather large, though it can be unpredictable sometimes in ways I don't quite understand yet.)

Also, just to make sure, don't confuse "near friendly small Toxin Barrels" with "while in friendly Locations."

2 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

don't confuse "near friendly small Toxin Barrels" with "while in friendly Locations."

Oops.

Man how many different dailies are there?

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Ahh Ive just been lucky then. Even with 11 toons, I think Ive only gotten like 3-4 dailies

Sweet mother of God, are you doing this event on ELEVEN characters?

bet u cant wait to use that skin when this game dies in like a month hehe xd

9 minutes ago, KERNIE said:

bet u cant wait to use that skin when this game dies in like a month hehe xd

Too bad it won't.

The playebase is big enough that everyone goes like "eh I'll play this game again" and quit after a month. Circle repeats itself over and over, APB just refuses to die.

I'm annoyed with the barrel carrier daily. It literally cannot be done without cheesing it with a friend in a different team.

I'm also rather annoyed that I can't get all the 3 weapon skins, and that they are all basically reskins of other halloween skins (or the yellow color one).

A little too disappointing overall.

• Like 1

I go to work and school and most days I cant play and if I can its only for an hr or 2. Impossible to get everything on 3 chars especially when you have dailies that are impossible to do and when ppl abuse a bug that kicks everyone from the server. I lost out on a daily for day 1 because I had to complete 3 matches and nobody would allow a match to complete. Now I lose out. LO I had hopes you guys would do the event right but this is the exact opposite, it rewards the ppl who can no life and the ppl who cant play much or are casual players are left out.

in my opinion, if this is a work in progress of "riot" mode, it kinda works.

there are a pair of things that should be changed/added

as example. i think each faction should be divided in teams(similar to battlefield) since we are talking about a game mode that involves a great number of players and for me, the classic team system looks more confusing.(i think this one could be a little bit important if you're playing with friends or clanmates, even if i mainly play solo)

there could be something cooler if icons of barrel stacks can blink(a glowing up or a warning indicator(?) could be better than fading imho) upon getting damage instead of only a simple life percentage indicator.

about "barrel carriers", i think that's not really impossible as many people think it is. the game allows to kill enemies and count them as carriers even if they dropped the barrel after a pair of seconds. i made it in a very short time(excluding early game for help team to capture areas). maybe it's ok if you drop the kills required to 2(from 3) but i don't find it a necessary change

Edited by PunkStrider
just added an opinion about "barrel carriers" activity

2 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Sweet mother of God, are you doing this event on ELEVEN characters?

someone has 13 .....

Edit : someone CLAIMED that on old forums

Edited by Fortune Runner

53 minutes ago, PunkStrider said:

~snip~

This is almost entirely off-topic to this thread, I suggest you take your comments somewhere else where they're actually relevant so people take them more seriously and can discuss them.

I hope they make changes, I really dont wana miss out and I wana enjoy the event abit more. Having nothing besides a impossible daily just isnt as satisfying as running around against a horde of 50 other players trying to survive in horseman.

today I noticed i had to use /unstick a lot.

theres a glitch with barrels getting me stuck

also for some reason its not counting kills in friendly zone so thats a bust for me today

20 hours ago, MattScott said:

There is a lot of good feedback here. We are reading it all and making adjustments.

can u make final barell in center more visible to be able to stop enemys from winning the match

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

also for some reason its not counting kills in friendly zone so thats a bust for me today

If it's the activity 'Kill 10 players in friendly locations' you have to kill players in a zone that is fully captured by your team (you have to be in the zone, they don't)

I appreciate the new devs trying something new but no matter what they do this community always complains.....

I would cut them some slack for their first try at an event. I'm not the biggest fan of it either but they get a B+ for trying.