Kewlin

Sorry LO, but This Event is a Little Ridiculous.

Is this ridiculous?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Should You be Able to get ALL the new Skins?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is it Absurd That you Need to Play Ten out of Fourteen Days the Event is Active?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

Since you're so well spoken, I'm curious, what do you have against the idea of making the event more accessible for people who are busy, or allowing players to get all of the skins? I'd like to hear.

i am concerned about this as well.

some people have work or school and this could definitely cause problems

Just now, Ignas / qsn said:

After this event I only hope xmas event to be the same as last year, just with new rewards..

trenchcoatsssss

edit: is there a daily event to where you have to kill ops in their captured areas?

I  know there's one for defending but no idea if there's one for killing ops in theirs.

the kill 3 barrel carriers seems difficult for most to do without spamming rockets at a spawn point killing noobs....and id feel bad from that

Edited by Fortune Runner

25 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

trenchcoatsssss

edit: is there a daily event to where you have to kill ops in their captured areas?

I  know there's one for defending but no idea if there's one for killing ops in theirs.

the kill 3 barrel carriers seems difficult for most to do without spamming rockets at a spawn point killing noobs....and id feel bad from that

or someone like me that straight despises explosive weapons and refuses to ever use one no matter the circumstances I mean the whole event is a osmaw/volcano players wet dream with no out of bounds and poor long distance visibility aside from large objects(vehicles) 

Edited by kurbstomp88

Hi everyone,

There is a lot of good feedback here. We are reading it all and making adjustments.

The goal of Epidemic was to do something new and different for the players as a way to stress test and iterate on bits and pieces of the new RIOT mode. 

Clearly there are things we need to continue tweaking, but we have just put another patch up to fix some of the more frustrating items:

•    Barrel stacks can no longer be damaged by friendly fire.
•    Reduced the damage taken in enemy controlled zones.
•    Fixed the "Win Epidemic Matches" daily activity.

We’ll figure out the balance (or lack there of) with Daily Activities and needing to log in most days to cap out the event.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

There is a lot of good feedback here. We are reading it all and making adjustments.

The goal of Epidemic was to do something new and different for the players as a way to stress test and iterate on bits and pieces of the new RIOT mode. 

Clearly there are things we need to continue tweaking, but we have just put another patch up to fix some of the more frustrating items:

We’ll figure out the balance (or lack there of) with Daily Activities and needing to log in most days to cap out the event.

Thanks,

Matt

its a bit of a bummer that nobody can see anything positive in anything u guys do. I commend u for staying positive in the face of an unappreciative community that doesn't even realize if it wasn't for your company apb would no longer exist. I appreciate the effort and even though the event wasnt as expected it still fun and good to see you haven't lost your desire to improve the game despite the way u and your company are treated by the community..... hell looking at how anything u say or do is responded too I could see y g1 eventually just stopped developing or saying anything to the community 

Does anyone even know what those skins look like?

I don't feel like grinding 10 days for skins that I don't like and won't ever use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Matt

It would also be nice of the base contacts of the event have an indicator of where they are located.
And I agree with removing activities that are taking to much time or are almost undo able.

3 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Does anyone even know what those skins look like?

I don't feel like grinding 10 days for skins that I don't like and won't ever use.

Undedox

undedox.png

Zombicine

zombicine.png

Necrocite

necrocite.png

I have drill this weeken which is going to take out Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for me and I didnt get to finish yesterdays daily because its bug or something ( besides the point ) and I have to work every single day so I guess now that means I can only get one of the three skins during the event...  Awesome.

1 hour ago, kurbstomp88 said:

its a bit of a bummer that nobody can see anything positive in anything u guys do. I commend u for staying positive in the face of an unappreciative community that doesn't even realize if it wasn't for your company apb would no longer exist. I appreciate the effort and even though the event wasnt as expected it still fun and good to see you haven't lost your desire to improve the game despite the way u and your company are treated by the community..... hell looking at how anything u say or do is responded too I could see y g1 eventually just stopped developing or saying anything to the community 

Nobody said we were unappreciative lol.   These sort of issues need to be addressed because Im more than sure LO didnt intend for it to be like this and it was a simple oversight. 

14 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Undedox

Zombicine

Necrocite

Thanks. I take it they're glow in the dark skins?

Because two of them barely differ from existing glow in the dark skins, and the latter looks like the yellow skin.

I'll pass.

I don't feel like playing 10 8 days on two characters while having to bother with lolcano spam, HVRs and whatnot.

Especially not considering there's activities like "kill 3 carriers" which is probably only possible if you manage to surprise someone with a one shot to kill explosive weapon and can take a whole day.

I really appreciate that you guys went out of your way and made a huge new event with new props and all that, but sadly it doesn't really work out as you would expect it on paper.

Fun fact: you can get rid of fog in the game files and thus see and shoot people through the fog. Has been a thing in the previous halloween events, is a thing now, and has happened to me. Not fun.

Edited by GhosT
further notes regarding the event

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

Thanks. I take it they're glow in the dark skins?

Because two of them barely differ from existing glow in the dark skins, and the latter looks like the yellow skin.

I'll pass.

I don't feel like playing 10 days on two characters while having to bother with lolcano spam, HVRs and whatnot.

Especially not considering there's activities like "kill 3 carriers" which is probably only possible if you manage to surprise someone with a one shot to kill explosive weapon and can take a whole day.

I haven't gotten them yet (that's for tomorrow). I'll post a picture then if they're glow or not 🙂

and where does everyone keep getting this 10 days nonsense from? There are 8 levels, so you only have to play 8 days

Edited by Kevkof

5 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

I haven't gotten them yet (that's for tomorrow). I'll post a picture then if they're glow or not 🙂

and where does everyone keep getting this 10 days nonsense from? There are 8 levels, so you only have to play 8 days

That's still more than slightly half the event duration

That event should probably have been a new type of a mission, instead of a district-wide event.

Think that would make it more enjoyable, instead of going to a "destroy toxin barrels" marker, only to get whipped by 10 people spamming their lolcanos and explosives at you.

3 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

That's still more than slightly half the event duration

That's true and indeed very hard for players that actually have shit to do ... but wrong information doesn't help anyone. 

I agree that it should be a bit faster of a grind, maybe make it possible to do 2 activities per day (only for the event ones ofc)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Nobody said we were unappreciative lol.   These sort of issues need to be addressed because Im more than sure LO didnt intend for it to be like this and it was a simple oversight. 

They haven't??? every single thing LO does they get nothing but flak for, don't do anything they are cash grabbing, try to rebalaence the game flamed and told they are destroying the game and shouldn't of changed anything. people beg for new content the rushed out a holiday event so u had something new to do and nothing but hate and bashing. you cant say your aren't unappreciative while turning around bashing every little thing the company does

Edited by kurbstomp88

Here's an idea, allow skipping daily activities like you can skip challenges in fight club, so you don't have to do the dailies that are supposedly impossible.

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks, the event is admittedly running a lot more smoothly than on launch and I appreciate that. It's awesome that you're looking into making the event more player friendly as well, I appreciate it.

Can you confirm the fact that you can only get two out of three of the event skins? And if so, can you share your team's reasoning behind that? If you could give us an answer to either of those questions that'd be sick.

5 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

Or just buy it.

But you can't buy the skins?

5 hours ago, GhosT said:

~snip about skins~

The gimmick of the skins is that they pulse instead of being a steady glow I believe.

5 hours ago, Kevkof said:

4 hours ago, Kevkof said:

That's true and indeed very hard for players that actually have shit to do ... but wrong information doesn't help anyone.

As I already posted in a reply, APBDB indicates that you need ten actions to max the role, I.E. ten days.

https://db.apbvault.net/roles/Role0_Halloween_Epidemic_DailyActivities/

No need to call misinformation!   :3

Edited by Kewlin

some people will never be happy..event is ok stop cryn for nothing if u dont like it play somethin else

I wonder if anyone in the studios has ever thought of the current weapon balance and modifications when releasing events like headless horseman (pre-LO) and this year epidemic. 

I'm not even surprised there are complaints about Volcano and HVR spam. 

During normal missions constantly using Volcano isn't very beneficial for most people unless people are running away with a mission item/vip. HVR gets used more often because it has different (better) uses not to mention the still ridiculous 850 damage in 1 click. 

In dynamic events it's different, especially when long term usage of vehicles is a significant factor, or when there's no situational restrictions (the usage of a certain weapon not being beneficial because balance between 2 teams is better and/or position in play lasts for a relatively short while).

Edited by Haganu

9 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

As I already posted in a reply, APBDB indicates that you need ten actions to max the role, I.E. ten days.

https://db.apbvault.net/roles/Role0_Halloween_Epidemic_DailyActivities/

No need to call misinformation

My apologies, I had -wrongfully- assumed that the levels would be 1 per daily activity. I stand corrected

3 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

My apologies, I had -wrongfully- assumed that the levels would be 1 per daily activity. I stand corrected

Totally understandable my friend: I assumed the same thing until Speed updated the DB.

I have not seen any "entitlement" attitude on this thread , only those sincerely concerned such as myself.

As for Little Orbit , they've done a great job giving us a new event out for Halloween like this.

I'm grateful that they care so much to give us everything they have then this as well.

• Like 1