Ketog

The 4th winner of halloween contest , and broken rules

Hello @Lixil what about the 4th winner of the event ? Aren't all the winners premium ? 😮

Also note am i the only one thinking the 1St place doesn't seem right ?:

While the second and third submissions definetely looks to be within the rules to me , the first one is really borderline in too many ways just take a look at this picture posted by the player itself : 

6c73saE.jpg

The "Orange" looks red to me , especially in the arms  and the skirt , the cigar looks black , and the choker and chain looks none of the colors said , and some purples are so dark they look like black , especially on the corset for the event .

Lixil said "As long as it looks like the said color it's fine" , wich for this outfit  to me doesn't .

EDIT : After talking with some people they said it looks orange to them , so who knows i might be colorblind in some sort , or my definition or red has always been wrong :

i used a color picker to take a look at the places where that outfit seemed wrong to me :

The belt  / skirt area :                            The cigar :                                     The neck / choker :                        The corset:

unknown.png         unknown.png      unknown.png    unknown.png

So yeah after seeing this : The belt area might be argued but i see it as red , for the cigar that looks black , for the choker  i was wrong , it is Yellow , so that's fine ,  and the corset color is not black but a dark purple / grey (might be argued) but looks fine to me

To me , this still looks like too much "maybe's" to be the winner as i think rules should be applied to everyone equally ex:"should we really give this player a "pass" while others forced themselves to not use those colors?...."

Now this isn't the only submission with a problem , the third one is full of white spots , and black outlines :

this is definetely not dark purple , this is straight up black           Here there's clearly an usage of white that doesn't nearly look like yellow

there is also black between the "cracks" and at the end of the web symbols

16iwFFD.png         k6TMave.png

Those clors might be the same story as above : "it's technically that color , but it doesn't look like them"

669d8Bz.png

EDIT 2 : Reason why there should be a 4th winner :

Hey @Lixil@MattScott you say there is a winner that doesn't have premium , so a friend and i analysed each one of the winners outfit and we found something that proves that there should be a 4th winner .

im sure many people will say "haters gonna hate" but , please allow me to take some of your time

We deducted that SecondMoon and AceorAllecto Both had premium outfits due to repeating patterns with high quality symbols , so again , the last person that comes in that has an outfit that is probably done without premium could only be Inquitora :

So i want you guys to look at one specific area of inquitora's outfit :

9jnMbDa.png

At first , this part seems like it could be done easly without premium :

A non premium player , has only 3 Symbols allowed per clothing item , and each symbol can be 25 layers

If you count inquitora's card symbols on her chest , you can see 13 symbols on one boob , and we know the other side is symetrical with the other screenshots posted by inquitora here https://imgur.com/a/rHNK71Y

So that makes a total of 26 symbols , so it's already 2 symbols minimum only for the chest piece , and that's where the premium proof part is : How did inquitora wrap roses symbols on each her shoulders/arms while she had to use a minimum of 2 symbols for her chest alone knowing that a non premium player has only 3 symbol avaliable per clothing piece ?

So with this we know inquitora's outfit was made with premium AT SOME POINT

Correct me if im wrong , but that means all the outfits were done with premium so there should be a 4th winner .

Maybe just let it go for now , but next time please analyse carefully each and every one of the possible winner's submissions .

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ketog said:

Hello @Lixil what about the 4th winner of the event ?

Also on a second note am i the only one thinking the 1St place doesn't seem right ? n the "Orange" she used looks absolutely red to me , and some purple looks black  , and the cigar IS black :

While the second and first submissions definetely looks to be within the rules to me , the first one is really borderline in too many ways just take a look at this picture : 

the first submission is within the rules but the first one is too borderline?

also theres no picture

Im not gonna complain about the winner. I just want to see the 4th winner. The winner outs cant possible without premium. The first one seems no premium a bit but his face is %100 impossible to make without premium that means he made the face before or he has premium so where is the 4th ?????

Edited by _gousk

no hate but i think this outfit colors need to be checked again, great design overall, but rules should not break, i also think that the 2nd place do not deserve to win, i've seen so many better submissions than her and 3rd place has better effort on the outfit you can tell by looking closely, i dont understand how 2nd winner win, and why the 3rd winner not 1st or 2nd? where is non premium winner?

btw all winners have some gray or black, i thought that would be disqualified for using different colors ?

Edited by Tosei

imo they should be one or some of the winners and heres my most favorite submissions are: luddeboii, wilt, ky4, aineecriminal and gousk for non-premium winner

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Tosei said:

no hate but i think this outfit colors need to be checked again, great design overall, but rules should not break, i also think that the 2nd place do not deserve to win, i've seen so many better submissions than her and 3rd place has better effort on the outfit you can tell by looking closely, i dont understand how 2nd winner win, and why the 3rd winner not 1st or 2nd? where is non premium winner?

btw all winners have some gray or black, i thought that would be disqualified for using different colors ?

Black/grey is not a colour, it is a shade or luminosity therefore allowed.

8 minutes ago, Tosei said:

imo they should be one or some of the winners and heres my most favorite submissions are: luddeboii, wilt, ky4, aineecriminal and gousk for non-premium winner

Luudeboi used black outlines pretty much everywhere on his outfit , i seen it ingame and he told me that is is black ,but that he would post it anyway .

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Black/grey is not a colour, it is a shade or luminosity therefore allowed.

Ergh not this again ....

I would like to know how do they decide winners in general instead, since it is the second event where the "winners" are weirdly outclasses by other submissions.

Favoritism?

Can someone explain to me how the rules for a costume contest in a mature rated game are required to be pg-13??

Edited by kurbstomp88

3 minutes ago, kurbstomp88 said:

wait did the rules actually say u cant use black/red what kind of horse shit is that what because those are a favorite amongcolor combos u don't want it 

Only orange, yellow, and purple allowed.

Just now, _gousk said:

Only orange, yellow, and purple allowed.

yeah I went and read the rules then had my mind blow by the fact they stated pg-13 costumeson a mature rated game

I just want to see a 4th place winner or if not an explanation as to why there isn't one.

5 minutes ago, Johblade said:

I just want to see a 4th place winner or if not an explanation as to why there isn't one.

or how first place got away with shading orange to red and purple to black 

24 minutes ago, kurbstomp88 said:

yeah I went and read the rules then had my mind blow by the fact they stated pg-13 costumeson a mature rated game

The forums, where the submissions were to be posted on is pg-13. That's why that was part of the rules

1 minute ago, Kevkof said:

The forums, where the submissions were to be posted on is pg-13. That's why that was part of the rules

ok why are the forums for a mature rated game pg-13 u have to be 18 to log into the game or the forums soo???????

This doesn't surprise me.

22 minutes ago, kurbstomp88 said:

ok why are the forums for a mature rated game pg-13 u have to be 18 to log into the game or the forums soo???????

The forums are for both APB Reloaded and Fallen Earth (which are both rated Mature), but you can access the forums without logging in, so therefor they are public and should be regarded as PG-13

Edited by Kevkof
fixed the wording

Hey guys, I am as surprised as you are. I -really- thought the one that came third place would win. It's confusing to me also.

I didn't use any black or red, but the shading is close, I admit that. I posted color codes in the original submission thread. I was gonna jump ingame and show you colors of the actual items, but servers are down atm. Here are the color codes again:

DARK PURPLE (25, 4, 2)

ACCENT PURPLE (24, 5, 5)

ORANGE (1, 6, 7)

MUTED YELLOW (3, 7, 13)

ACCENT YELLOW (4, 7, 11)

Also, here is the post where I asked Lixil for clarification whether shading to darker/brighter hues was allowed:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

Hey guys, I am as surprised as you are. I -really- thought the one that came third place would win. It's confusing to me also.

I didn't use any black or red, but the shading is close, I admit that. I posted color codes in the original submission thread. I was gonna jump ingame and show you colors of the actual items, but servers are down atm. Here are the color codes again:

DARK PURPLE (25, 4, 2)

ACCENT PURPLE (24, 5, 5)

ORANGE (1, 6, 7)

MUTED YELLOW (3, 7, 13)

ACCENT YELLOW (4, 7, 11)

Also, here is the post where I asked Lixil for clarification whether shading to darker/brighter hues was allowed:

but u can clearly see on the left arm a patch that is very clearly orange then the color overlaying the top of it is red and purple at 2 brightness is black 

1 minute ago, Inquitoria said:

DARK PURPLE (25, 4, 2)

ACCENT PURPLE (24, 5, 5)

ORANGE (1, 6, 7)

MUTED YELLOW (3, 7, 13)

ACCENT YELLOW (4, 7, 11)

"As long as the dark purple looks like purple it's a-okay." ur orange seem red and purple seem black to me tbh but I dont really care tbh, I just want to know what happened to 4th ??

7 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

DARK PURPLE (25, 4, 2)

ACCENT PURPLE (24, 5, 5)

ORANGE (1, 6, 7)

MUTED YELLOW (3, 7, 13)

ACCENT YELLOW (4, 7, 11)

I also have a suspicion the base color of the item is how u are getting away with using "purple" but it showing as black, meaning if the symbol starts as a color it will retain those color properties when a lighter color is applied to it to make a purple actually show as black even tho the color used to reshade the symbol from its designed color is clearly purple...… I feel like thats hard to understand so basically u make a design in the symbol editor color it black and no matter what color u put over it it will still be a shade of black 

Well , if the colors being against the rules or not is arguable

there's still the biggest question of where is the 4th winner .

4th place would have been announced if top 3 were all premium accounts. We had one or more non-premium accounts among top 3 winners.

Just now, Lixil said:

4th place would have been announced if top 3 were all premium accounts. We had one or more non-premium accounts among top 3 winners.

Wha what ? HOW ? Can someone explain how they did these without premium PLS ?????  A no premium player can use only 3 symbol u guys now right ? Im confused right now.

Edited by _gousk
  • Thanks 2