Sign in to follow this  
Frosi

Massive bug with the new game mode (Hotfix needed)

So while I was streaming today I wanted to mess with a friend of mine that was streaming the new event at the time. I had the intention to simply arrest him in the new mode and mess with him that way, however, while doing so we stumbled over this game breaking bug that will ALWAYS crash the district server. This bug is incredibly easy to recreate because all you have to do is arrest a criminal in the new mode, as soon as the arrest is about to go through the district server will crash and boot everyone inside the district to the login screen.

Below I will provide video evidence of said bug but I want to note that I did not intend to crash the district on purpose during attempt 1, I didn't know about this issue and was simply messing with a friend of mine. We went onto crashing the district 2 more times, once to confirm that it really was the arrest crashing the server and the other time showing a GM called Motegi how to reproduce it.

This isn't an easy bug to squish, you can't simply disable LTL due to other non LTL guns having the ability to stun such as the OCA Nano and DMR AV / SD.

I will put the clips in a spoiler to avoid clutter. @MattScott

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Why would you publicly report a game breaking bug in the first place other then reporting it straight to the support team ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

Why would you publicly report a game breaking bug in the first place other then reporting it straight to the support team ?

Because it is very unclear whether or not my support ticket will be looked into anytime soon. I'm posting it publically so this can be hotfixed as it is a limited time game mode which will now be unplayable since the bug was broadcasted to 100+ viewers.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

A GM was already made aware of it in-game, and yeah, the whole it being broadcasted to 100 viewers anyway... already public knowledge. :S

Edited by Kiida
  • Like 1

So everyone who has come on here complaining about the server crashing can thank you guys for testing this crash 80 times.

• Like 1

Just now, pikckyy said:

So everyone who has come on here complaining about the server crashing can thank you guys for testing this crash 80 times.

It was done three times total by Frosi. Once by accident and two to confirm the bug to report it. How else can you report a bug if you don't test/confirm it?

Doesn't mean others weren't also trying to get arrests though, or that it's the only bug related to the event currently. I experienced several crashes right after the patch but didn't see anyone get stunned, so who knows.

• Like 3

I predict the simplest fix for this will be them disabling arrests while playing the mode....

Thanks to you making it public, every single match will now be crashed.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kiida said:

It was done three times total by Frosi. Once by accident and two to confirm the bug to report it. How else can you report a bug if you don't test/confirm it?

Doesn't mean others weren't also trying to get arrests though, or that it's the only bug related to the event currently. I experienced several crashes right after the patch but didn't see anyone get stunned, so who knows.

twas' joke.

3 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Thanks to you making it public, every single match will now be crashed.

Very true, going to be a cluster f*** now lol, everyone is going to be doing it just for fun. (Also vey many trolls out there who just got handed a god damn master key)

5 minutes ago, Nite said:

I predict the simplest fix for this will be them disabling arrests while playing the mode....

agreed.

1 minute ago, pikckyy said:

Very true, going to be a cluster f*** now lol, everyone is going to be doing it just for fun. (Also vey many trolls out there who just got handed a god damn master key)

While true both of you need to realize that this was done during a live stream that was broadcasting to 100+ viewers. This will become public knowledge just because of that, people see it, look into it, and tell their friends while I'd be sitting here waiting 3 months for a reply from their support just so "people don't know".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frosi said:

While true both of you need to realize that this was done during a live stream that was broadcasting to 100+ viewers. This will become public knowledge just because of that, people see it, look into it, and tell their friends while I'd be sitting here waiting 3 months for a reply from their support just so "people don't know".

who the hell got 100 viewers streaming this.

Just now, pikckyy said:

who the hell got 100 viewers streaming this.

Several APB players reach 100 viewers every time they stream. If it wasn't obvious from the clips posted in OP, it was Shini...

Holy shit... and i've been using stun nades and nano in this event - thank God i don't use stuns to arrest anymore.

This should be instant fixed. Seems there is no support for arrest in this event for whatever reason.

Hi guys,

We are working on a hotfix for this.

I want to thank Frosi for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Frosi said:

No, you just need the attention my lil fake gold.

Otherwise you would had pm Lixil/Matt.

1 minute ago, Halelulia said:

No, you just need the attention my lil fake gold.

Otherwise you would had pm Lixil/Matt.

i’m pretty sure he has more viewers than there are active forum posters lol

Good thing they chose to nade me instead of arrest me a few minutes ago 😉

37 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

We are working on a hotfix for this.

I want to thank Frosi for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks,
Matt

We are also stuck at prestige/notority 0 earning almost no money from the event and also no kill progression towards our weapon roles. It sucks 😞

5 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

The first words out of his mouth were about his stream and his videos about the bug. I'm willing to bet his intentions were to promote his video content to gain fame and not with helping the devs find a game breaking bug.

Hi all,

We have done a quick hotfix to Epidemic to fix these issues.

Thanks,
Matt

2 minutes ago, CAVEGRAFFITTl said:

The first words out of his mouth were about his stream and his videos about the bug. I'm willing to bet his intentions were to promote his video content to gain fame and not with helping the devs find a game breaking bug.

You... dont know much about him do you?

They patched it but now the servers keep resetting and kicks everyone off so u cant even get a full round on the event in. GG

Sign in to follow this