Sign in to follow this  
ilra

Event Daily's Broken?

I have the challenge "Kill 3 Barrel Carriers" and I kill someone that is carrying one and its not going up?

Damn, that daily sounds extra dreadful. At least mine was to deal damage to barrels.

Is there any word on how many dailies you have to complete to earn what items from the role?

• Thanks 1

I played all day. My mission was: Win one mission. I won two, but game didn't count my wins. Didn't get the title either. 😕

• Like 1

mine is stuck on win 1 round i already won 2 and it still hasn't changed. @MattScott

Edited by TR3NT

Got that one as my daily too. It's overly difficult to kill a barrel carrier, and it doesn't seem to count a lot of criteria that would otherwise qualify. Regardless of what I tried it seemed to remain at 0/3. Fun times.

Random garbage: 

This type of thing really makes me wish there was some sort of volunteer testing for patches. I recall finding countless issues of this variety during my time in the SPCT. With an even crazier amount found by others. Sure not everything was noticed, but patches ended up being in far better states with actual players putting the game through it's paces. As opposed to what we got with this unfortunately buggy event. 

I feel as if the QA team isn't too terribly well versed in what to look for/and or the team coding it all was rushed. Whereas longtime players would at least likely be able to point out more of the issues prior to it being released. 

I miss doing BVT's 😞 

• Like 1

Seems daily are assigned randomly to each player.

Some get easy dailes and some get hard.

Still there seem to be a lot of chances to earn dailies for Epidemic role. Seems max level of Epidemic role is 8. If one daily is enough to level up, you all should be fine.

Also kill 3 barrel carriers - yeah good luck when every normal player would drop barrel the moment they get shot at.

Edited by Mitne

8 minutes ago, TR3NT said:

@MattScott @Lixil @Androvald someone please fix this, it's really not worth playing if the Event Daily missions are bugged.

Notified QA about it. 

Update: QA team is checking the daily quest. I will make sure to notify you guys of the outcome. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Notified QA about it. 

Update: QA team is checking the daily quest. I will make sure to notify you guys of the outcome. 

Thanks.

I completed my daily challenge (get 10 kills near a friendly barrel) and didn't make any progression on my Epidemic role 😕

@genobee forum quotes are broken but... yeah, feels like QA for this event was kinda lacking in places

7 hours ago, Nitronik said:

@genobee forum quotes are broken but... yeah, feels like QA for this event was kinda lacking in places

If quote doesn't work (and it often doesn't) try highlighting the text, and then click "quote selection", that seems to always work.

23 hours ago, TR3NT said:

@MattScott @Lixil @Androvald someone please fix this, it's really not worth playing if the Event Daily missions are bugged.

This is happening to me currently. Spent 3-4hours just trying to get a win today and last night.

Won 2 matches and it didn't get completed.

Hopefully this gets resolved today because my daily is for the Bat skin, so hoping for this to get two skins today.

5 hours ago, Lucidy said:

This is happening to me currently. Spent 3-4hours just trying to get a win today and last night.

Won 2 matches and it didn't get completed.

Hopefully this gets resolved today because my daily is for the Bat skin, so hoping for this to get two skins today.

looks like its being fixed in the latest patch 

My dailies arent resetting?

Still shows the completed dailies from day 1.

Anyone else?

How does one completes the "kill 10 Enemies near friendly small Toxin Barrels" ? I killed two guys. One while he was near the barrel (less than 15m), another while I was next to the barrel. Ran over a third guy with a barrel in my car.

Still 0/10.

What exactly does "small Toxin Barrels" refer to? Does it includes barrels in cars? Carried by people? Capturing a point? Just spawned and not having been touched by anyone as to not alter their "barrel" status into "barrel+player input" compound?

Aand what about the "near" status??? Does the enemy has to be ``near'' it? Or only the player? Or is it both? how near exactly are we talking? 50m? 10m? 2m?

Do we both have to dry-hump some spawned un-capturing barrel that isn't in a car for it to count or some other ridiculous stuff?

At least the other objectives, however stupid they were, actually completed...

And let me say this: any objective based on other player's movement, which you have no control nor way to influence, is about the stupidest thing you can come up.

I'd argue it's even worse than abritrary stuff like "do exactly 67 damage every second for 3 seconds while doing backflips and screaming above 98 decibels IRL" because at least those depend on you and with enough training you'd be able to reach that skill level.

But hey, it's probably just me thinking that maybe, just maybe, this event isn't the best thing ever when it comes to having fun.

Well actually mostly everyone has been shitting on it afaik.

At least you tried LO, at least you tried. And that's a good thing, but there's definitely room for improvement.

Sign in to follow this