Criseya

Epidemic Event Explained in full detail

Hello and welcome to my guide! This was was initialy going to be for our clan, OverSight only. But seeing there are a lot of people who get the image wrong and do not understand. Here it goes public!

getting started: The event is 3 team based. There is 3 teamsof Players of both Criminals & Enforcer.

Going further: When you enter the Event District. You will be spawned in one of the 2 player teams. Both teams have a starting Base. At this starting base you will find BARRELS. Take one barrel in your vechicle if it has the space. (If it does not, Concider removing the ammo box modification, You'll need the spaces.)

Now, about the barrels: There's multiple types of barrels. To be exact, I believe there are 3 types of barrels. Enemey Barrels, Friendly barrels & neutral barrels.

Enemey Barrels: They can NOT be picked up and used for your own. You have to DESTROY them! If you do not destroy them you will give the enemey the advantage of getting points. Making you have lesser chance at winning.

Friendly barrels: This time they CAN be picked up to use for your teams advantage. PROTECT them at all cost! If the enemey destroys a barrel in a Neutral zone. They capturing will stop unless there is a second barrel as backup in the zone!

Neutral Barrels: They CAN be pickuped by BOTH TEAMS. This means that you can also DESTROY them.

Touching upon Neutral, Enemey and Friendly zones.

at the start of the game, All zones will be NEUTRAL. It is than your job to get a barrel of toxic poison into the zone and capture that zone.

However, Whilst your doing that, The enemey team is doing the same. Which means you'll have to stop them.  How to stop them? For that you will have to destroy the pack of barrels in the area. NOTE that it takes quite a lot of bullets or grenade's to destroy them.

And finaly Friendly Zones: You will have to defend the friendly zone at all cost and make sure the enemey can't destroy the pack of barrels in the zone. Incase the pack of barrels dit take heavy damage, or just any damage, Make sure to get a blowtorch for joker tickets or buying the modification from the marketplace to REPAIR them. Simply use the blowtorch on the barrels and check the % go up.

One more note about the zones. Staying too long in an enemey zone will mean you will take Poison damage. So try to stay out of the border lines whilst attempting to get the barrels down.

Lastly: When you or the enemey team reaches 100% in the objective on capturing the points. They will be able to go to the center of the map, The Park in Financial. And will have to bring atleast one barrel with you to capture the zone, It takes 1.30 +- Minutes to capture it with atleast one barrel surviving. Keep in mind: You can have multiple barrels continue to capture incase a barrel does get destroyed.

A couple of notes:

BLOW TORCH is a MUST for repairing barrels!

CAR SURFER is DISABLED in the event.

Be careful with your vechicle/car as you can run over barrels and damage them, Meaning you can alsol destroy them. Even friendly barrels.

Thanks for reading APB's Community. I know this guide rn is simply text based, but I'm currently getting images to upgrade the guide. Also, If any details I missed, or things I should highlight, Please let me know!

Thanks,

Criseya - OverSight

Edited by Criseya
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Criseya said:

Hello and welcome to my guide! This was was initialy going to be for our clan, OverSight only. But seeing there are a lot of people who get the image wrong and do not understand. Here it goes public!

[...]

getting started: The event is 3 team based. There is 2 teams of 50 Players of both Criminals & Enforcer and than there is one team

Criseya - OverSight

I love it when one of us, users creates a guide from the perspective of a player.

Thanks for the invested time. I will load up the game after a while again

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 2:29 PM, Criseya said:

getting started: The event is 3 team based. There is 3 teams of Players of both Criminals & Enforcer.

Going further: When you enter the Event District. You will be spawned in one of the 2 player teams. Both teams have a starting Base. At this starting base you will find BARRELS. Take one barrel in your vechicle if it has the space. (If it does not, Consider removing the ammo box modification, You'll need the spaces.)

Aren't all 3 teams player controlled ?

On 11/1/2018 at 5:55 AM, Arpegius said:

Aren't all 3 teams player controlled ?

I think it depends on the population at the start of the match, but yes, I have seen all 3 factions being player controlled. My biggest issue is that the other two factions show up as "red" enemies to me. I drove up to a location once and I saw like 6 "red" players and I noped right out of there, but then I noticed the red enemies were shooting at each other. Unless you're really close and can see the skins, I am unsure if they are two opposing factions, or if all 6 of those guys will be shooting at me. 

I enjoy when all 3 factions are human controlled.

I don't mind every enemy having red names, what I do think is that the color choices for the uniforms were a HUGE design mistake; having dull yellow and orange teams on a game mode where everything is foggy is a big no-no. Solution? ditch team Yellow and replace it with team Green, that way you have 3 distinguishable secondary color coded teams, also brighten them up to match Purple's brighter palette. Done, problem solved.

On 11/2/2018 at 2:52 PM, LaQuandra said:

I enjoy when all 3 factions are human controlled.

Did they actually develop AI for APB ?? I don't recall other events using AI before

On 11/6/2018 at 12:07 PM, Arpegius said:

I don't mind every enemy having red names, what I do think is that the color choices for the uniforms were a HUGE design mistake; having dull yellow and orange teams on a game mode where everything is foggy is a big no-no. Solution? ditch team Yellow and replace it with team Green, that way you have 3 distinguishable secondary color coded teams, also brighten them up to match Purple's brighter palette. Done, problem solved.

Did they actually develop AI for APB ?? I don't recall other events using AI before

No, there aren't actual AI players you can shoot. I thought at one point the "third" team was accumulating points automatically. However, the more I have played the event, it seems that every team has been human controlled. The biggest issue, which I mentioned earlier is that both enemy factions are colored red. It is hard for me to tell if they are on the same team or will fight each other.