MattScott

Epidemic - walk through

23 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Maybe something to take into account for the future:

The players have been spoiled over all these years with clear indications of what rewards will be given beforehand.

I personally don't mind not knowing exactly what I'll get, but might still be nice to have a full list of it available so we can see it all.

^This^

I wont mind either way, but a stated stance would be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Anyone have a screenshot of the new skins? I've looked around the forum but haven't found any yet.

tcnJ00j.png

9Iff0Tz.png

aQ6MIo2.png

epsRy0E.png

Shout out to Keppe for the screenshots.

• Like 3

i've completed epidemic 1 today, got mail and received some weapon skins; however, i couldn't find any of them in skin selection

1 hour ago, BaronSaturday said:

You guys can try to make a skull decal as cool as the Baron's but you will never achieve it.

J7ZF0Wx.jpg

Is that supposed to not show up?

The event is really simple. The fog is just crap though. When I logged in I had no clue what to do. But fortunately, I do have a somewhat functioning brain so I went to where my team was gathered at. From there I got my bearings and found out what needed to be done. Within 5 min I knew what to do. Im not sure why people are complaining so much how they have no idea what to do. Perhaps these are greens and bronze threats talking?

So the event is okay. Its not bad. I was in a /d with 50 pop total. I think it will be more fun in a maxed out /d. I hope the next time I log in, I can get a more populated /d. The fog really is crap. It makes the objectives hard to see and your team. It doesnt really add to the ambiance unless it was done better. But I understand you guys didnt have a whole lot of time to prepare this. I hear the rewards are jt and some stupid yellow mods. Those are absolutely worthless to me. But Im only playing the event because its something new. Unless the rewards were better, Id spend more time. 

5 minutes ago, killerskull said:

The fog is just crap though

this is really my only gripe with the event, the fog is just turned up way too much

i get that theres supposed to be a halloween-esque atmosphere (the burnt orange daylight is a really cool effect) but all the fog does is reduce the already super low draw distance

8 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

all the fog does is reduce the already super low draw distance

Looking on the bright side, it hides ugly low-LOD objects. 😉

17 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

tcnJ00j.png

9Iff0Tz.png

aQ6MIo2.png

epsRy0E.png

Shout out to Keppe for the screenshots.

❤️

On 10/30/2018 at 10:30 AM, Criseya said:

Matt!!! You kidding me? I had just made a guide on this, I go back... And so dit you!

Edit: Do not misunderstand me, I'm just joking, Find it funny it's litterly done at the same moment.

Too bad not all of us can play. Now I get battleyeye kicks because my client is inactive / unresponsive?

This sucks on so many levels 😞

Back to my truck simulation then

Edited by Gamma64c

"Kill 10 enemies near friendly toxin barrels".

Killed one - nothing

Killed three - nothing

Killed a player who was outside the friedly toxic area - got one daily point

Captured alone two areas with the barrels and camp enemies > when killed them - no points at all.

GG

Best event ever.

Oh, no... THe best one was "kill 150 ppl get 10k G1C's!" (or smthng like that) - "You've reached 149 kills, sry.... But you've won 3k G1C's!" 

On 10/30/2018 at 1:11 PM, PACwoMAN said:

Logined after I've posted:

5 min - connection problems

15 min - event over -> disconnected (character stuck in district).

GGWPETCIMOUT

I tried to get in early this morning. Got a sad message from the game saying my client doesnt react and was kicked by the new "FairFIght"

Matt i'm sorry but this event is just bad, let me explain why. Chemical gas takes too much health damage, it's really impossible to attack if there's somebody defending. The only time you can actually attack is if the place where the barrel is has more floors or maybe a highway, building roof. This is another stupid thing that the gas is only on the same level, floor as the barrel is. If you are a little higher or lower you get no damage so of course some places are really easy to attack and hard to defend. The last thing the barrels are way too hard to destroy, not only that you can actually repair them with blowtorch (which was probably not intended and you should fix right away)

Even tho i'd prefer the old headless horseman event (quite fun for what is it) this is totally appreciable! i mean this is good sign that the team is doing something to the game (and yeah i know this is a community created event but you know what i mean) overall good job guys and keep it up ;)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

yea umm, just dropping by saying that blowtorch being able to repair the toxic barrel stack is way too strong...

You cannot pledge the Toxin Agent, but you can assign daily activity from there.

The daily Activity levels up your Epidemic role.

Toxic Agent: https://prnt.sc/ldo2r7

Epidemic Role: https://prnt.sc/ldo49n

Kill 10 Enemies near Friendly small Toxin barrels.

You have to be super close to the barrels in order to get the daily done.

Daily Activity: https://prnt.sc/ldo2yq

Edited by LovelyJasmine

epidemic rank 2 and  4, chose the Joker tickets.  must be  250+ 250 jt. eventually got nothing - no skins for weapons no Joker tickets. fix it please

If you're planning to put in some sort of territory control mode permanently and this is a test, I'd ditch the barrels as a capture mechanic and have the district just be persistent (have a couple of areas for each team that can't be capped), instead of everyone going to Havland Park to gank each other at the end and then resetting.

Even after quicly browsing through the walk-through, it took me 2 rounds to figure out how the event actually works...

After I had that figured out, I was already bored with people camping certain tactical locations just to keep spamming explosions on you.

Worst bit in my opinion however is the endgame stage, which is nothing but a giant clusterf**ck out in the open with 500m spawns unless your team controls one of the nearest territories.

It's not a bad event, but still leaves a lot of room for improvements.

Game starts, we carry toxic barrels all over the place, sniper and volcanos all over the place, people jumping out of nowhere with shotguns into my face.

Final game mode is basically me in the open or behind cover whatever fog everywhere scanning 360 around me no enemy in sight all of a sudden I am dead. Randoms shoot me from 100+ distance if that isn't a cheat then I don't know wtf is it. On death screens they are not even rendered at all. It's like they are ghosts.

Played for maybe for an hour then half an hour taking a break because my head started to hurt from straining my eyes in the fog. Few minor lags during shootouts but nothing drastic as some people encountered on here. Still annoying enough to die because of it.

Everything was pretty much the same but on the last mission everything seemed easy, no more volcanos and snipers. I camped the park and no one ever saw me yet I was in their face, they used stars and ntec missing shots etc. My guess they were new players who didn't know what is really going on. I guess for them going against volcanos and other op premium weapons wasn't really fun so this game mode is for veterans only. I guess now you can call this pay to win.

The game results also were broken. One example the marker stated we are losing the round and for my surprise in the end we won, how, I have no clue.

There were times when no one could capture the park but in our case the enemy was at it and should've won, time ran out and the mission was a tie.

Plus not sure why but sometimes the barrels explode on their own in the car. At first I thought someone is throwing nades at me so I bailed the moving car and ran away but then I saw no one on the street and my car was intact. Scanned the area there was no one. Went back to my car to find out that it was empty. My teammates were angry why I didn't brought the van with the 4 barrels. I didn't really had time to explain anything so I just went with the flow.

The rewards are quite low for these long missions.

I didn't level up any contact, not sure why but nothing moves. I didn't unlock anything and have no clue where do I even unlock them. Do I get them in a mail or do I guy them from a contact upon unlocking? I didn't see anything on the contacts. Everything is generic weapons and clothes we already had before.

Later I hunted "purple pumpkins" on Financial, there are 150 I only found 50, no clue where is the rest suppose to be. Do we also have to do 150 on Waterfront or is this only on Financial?

I would like to know who's brainchild was the idea to make 2 of the factions yellow... Lemony yellow and orange-ish yellow aren't very distinguishable given all the coloured fog. Not that it matters too much in the long run, but sometimes you'd prefer to have the 2 enemy factions stand out more from eachother while being purple... Sometimes killing one orange-ish yellow is more important than killing two lemon-ish yellows.

And the way the role works is [not smart] (funny little word filter...). Play few rounds, change char, play few rounds, log off for the rest of the day since there's nothing to be gained and the explosive weapons heavy gameplay isn't the best fun APB has to offer...

Edited by Chinook