MattScott

Epidemic - walk through

ive played since over and hour now and i cant understand the feedback here at all i didnt see any griefing because you have no friendly fire anyway 

i have no lags at all but maybe thats because i am in germany where the servers are hosted

but since we are getting ddosd i dont think we can blame 50v50 or the event for it

the event is so fucking easy to understand you literally have 2 things to do attack or defend 

its just people not even trying to understand or even reading anything about patch notes 

its not because the event ist "difficult" its because people are too stupid when half the people that ask "what do we have to do here i dont understand" ask 2 minutes later why the weapons feel different they didnt even read anything about the ir changes again.

so its their own fault

ive played with scout ive played with shotgun and ive played with ntec and everything is easily playable without dying instantly all the time 

if you have 2-3 people with you that you can drive around with and fuck shit up its a really nice event

the only thing i would change is the dmg you get when you are inside the enemy zone it makes it a little bit too easy to defend since you have no regeneration.

• Like 4

Thx for this ill read it..my feedback so far.No idea whats goin on and disconects every 30 min

Logined after I've posted:

5 min - connection problems

15 min - event over -> disconnected (character stuck in district).

GGWPETCIMOUT

this is a good refresher for what we have had after all these years. but even tho the problems with constant district DC's there are 2 major problems with this 

1. the games heavily toxic and grief inspired community. no denying it. there are a crap ton of griefers in all teams. they set out to destroy barrels. and while im glad friendly fire is off. why is friendly fire on vehicles still on. people just running around with volcano's and osmaws blowing friendly vehicles to the max.

2. even if the above problem was taken care of. there is no dedicated team based voice chat. because who the fuck uses vivox these days 😄 with the 6 district DC's ive had thus far and about 11 games played its as quite as ever. only means of talking is in chat and even then no one cares.

it might just be food for thought but team based objectives like this doesnt work out all that well with considering what APB has become. its either pure deathmatch to advance a teams score or its more death-match to get event prices.

i still applaud you LO tho for trying and being creative and trying to utilise the district space and player size

• Like 1

It's really fun. Especially in the endgame as you are trying to conquer the Memorial Park, but the best thing is to defend it, so many people found themselves on the bridge and around, and it felt really lively and wonderful.

Shame for the server lags and closed connections, but you couldn't have seen that coming as you don't have 100 QAs trying it out. Or the DDoS guys. Keep it up guys! Thanks for the fun!

OMG love it hahahha...    not.

The idea is kinda interesting, understand it and all, but the fun is not there, feels like im grinding.. The connection don't help either, after most of the rounds i get kicked from the game and get no rewards...

Not just that i dont get rewards for playing the round, I get no rewards by capturing points, captured 2 points by myself, guess what i get    0$....  I guess thanks to my anchor team.

Headless horseman was a much more FUN and a much understandable concept, even russian kids could understand, wish on it's return on PC.

• Like 2

is there any other new rewards except symbols titles and weapon skins? and will headless horsemen event ever come back?

12 minutes ago, rfwegsdf said:

is there any other new rewards except symbols titles and weapon skins? and will headless horsemen event ever come back?

clothing too iirc

Rewards are nothing ... 100jt and a title for first day ? wow , I can understand that u guy couldnt add hard things to make like cars and cloth but what is 100 jt CMON. Why Im gonna play tho ?

Edited by _gousk

From my perspective... this event it's really pointless to the game because first you need to work on the game more. This event it's okay the concept but how about the new players who are interested in this event and getting killed by Vulcanos and other stuff like this. First you need work more on the game then content form my perspective ofc. Played it for a while seems fun but some littel lag spikes and alot of MS from the server. Hope you guys you are gonna work on the game more now Im really disappointed because I came back for this even after a long break but still I don't feel the fun or the nostalgia I had back in 2013 to play the game 24/7. Maybe guys try to add a new threat system because it's really unfair for the new peopel. Well that was a review from me and my opinion for this event.

• Like 1

I don't know if it's been mentioned but the zone barrels that you have to defend can be repaired with a blow torch.

fixing the lag won't help, this game mode rewards are too small and boring  😞  

• Like 1

Why can the gas even penetrate through the player's closed breathing system in the first place? What's the point of having a closed breathing suit if it doesn't DO anything? At that point just leave us with our normal characters, at least it'd make sense then.

Matt, can you just tell us what are the rewards, of this event, and what should we do to get it, THANKS. 

Two things I hate about this game mode:

1) The fog

2) I can't progress kill roles

I understand that you were going for a "spooky" vibe, but that fog was really unnecessary especially since the default optimal strategy is to use volcano/ALIG/HVR which are sorta long range weapons. I found myself repeatedly taking potshots towards areas where the enemies MIGHT be while being myself undercover. Midrange simply doesn't work, half the time I don't see the enemies or I see their models but the name doesn't show up. Also the default icon colour for captureable areas is gray, which is sorta hard to see in that fog / on the minimap. After a while I got used to where everything was, but really I understand the people who show up in the distirct and are like "what do we do here? How do we play this?"

The fact that my killcount doesn't progress there means that as soon as I complete the daily 100jt activity I will probably just leave the district and play normal missions. The monetary rewards aren't worth it considering how long one epidemic mission takes, especially when any idiot could end it abruptly by arresting a criminal (woops, my bad) so from a purely materialistic perspective this event isn't worth playing.

Good notes:

- we have patched the arrest crash exploit

- we are looking at progressing kill roles in this mode

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glubbable said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned but the zone barrels that you have to defend can be repaired with a blow torch.

This actually gets mentioned in the loading screen tips

The problem is that it also lets you damage your own barrel, so yeah..

So the new event takes a while to learn and yall complaining? It's like everything they do is bad...
Thanks for the event Matt. I was happy to see 3 full districts in jericho last night.

Our team made it to 100%, ready to capture the park. Some other team won by simply catching up to 100%, they didn't even start the timer on the park. Please investigate

P.S: Those who think the game mode is too difficult to understand should press M and check the map.. it isn't even close to being complicated

I really don't like what you've done . + the server is so much lagging that it does not look like a comfortable game .

Hi all,

I have edited the original post to include some of the rewards for the event.

Thanks,
Matt

5 minutes ago, MattScott said:

I have edited the original post to include some of the rewards for the event.

Just for clarification, there are other rewards as well right? Since the new skins that are rewarded for ranks 4 and 8 aren't in there. And are we able to get all 3 of those skins?

31 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Just for clarification, there are other rewards as well right? Since the new skins that are rewarded for ranks 4 and 8 aren't in there. And are we able to get all 3 of those skins?

Yes. There are other rewards, I just grabbed pictures from what I had to give players an idea of what was available.

I believe you have to choose your reward at each rank, so it might not be possible to get all the skins.

I have asked our design team for clarification.

9 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Yes. There are other rewards, I just grabbed pictures from what I had to give players an idea of what was available.

I believe you have to choose your reward at each rank, so it might not be possible to get all the skins.

I have asked our design team for clarification.

Maybe something to take into account for the future:

The players have been spoiled over all these years with clear indications of what rewards will be given beforehand.

I personally don't mind not knowing exactly what I'll get, but might still be nice to have a full list of it available so we can see it all.