MattScott

Epidemic - walk through

Hi everyone,

Epidemic is here!

And with it comes a nefarious plot to poison San Paro's Residents and turn them Evil! Having discovered a dangerous contagion that will turn citizens into mindless zombies, an evil corporation has paid our players to spread it amongst the masses. Unbeknownst to them however, two other corporations have had the exact same plan, and are preparing to release their own pathogens.

Meet the three Epidemic teams:

logos.png

Here are some details and a quick rundown of how Epidemic works.

Epidemic Daily Activities:

We've created daily activities and rewards which will be randomly assigned once a day when entering this event.

Complete these side tasks to gain extra rewards!

Start of the Game:

When you select the Epidemic district, there are three beginning territories (Top, bottom left, and bottom right) that your character will randomly get assigned to and these are the different infection teams: Undedox, Zombicine, and Necrocites. Your team's color is in the team icon at the top of your HUD and there will be the same colored toxic gas surrounding you. Don't worry! Your team's toxin can't harm you.

starting-locations.png

Game Goals:

1) Transportation of Toxin Barrels:

These are immediately available in your team's starting zone and need to be transported to neutral areas in order to spread your team's infection. Be warned: these barrels are filled with corrosive chemicals and can only temporarily carry the your team's virus. Once you pick up the barrel, it will slowly degrade and then eventually explode. They will take time to fully infect a neutral territory and they can also be destroyed by gunfire, which makes them vulnerable to attack. More barrels will spawn in captured territories, which will help you take your virus to even further places across the map. These barrels will be visible on your map as barrel icons.

goal01.png

2) Conquer Neutral Territories:

When the game starts there will be neutral territories that spawn and noted on your map as task checkpoints (shaped like a baseball diamond). Also, their borders will be blue. To start, there will be six neutral zones that need to be captured by placing your toxin barrel within its boundaries. As the teams increase their infection percentages, more neutral areas will become available for you to infect. The more areas your team controls the faster you'll reach 100% infection.

goal02.png

3) Protect or Destroy Captured Territories:

As soon as a toxin barrel is placed down inside a territory, the  borders will change to the color of the team who is currently infecting it. Every captured territory will spawn a large barrel bundle somewhere within its borders and they keep the area infected. Once this bundle is destroyed, the territory will become neutral again and available for other teams to capture. These bundles are built with stronger materials and do not degrade over time. They are difficult to destroy and they are surrounded by toxic gas that will harm enemy players.

goal03.png

End Game:

1) The fight to control Havalynd Central Memorial Park:

The first team to reach 100% infection will spawn the territory that needs to be infected to win. In order for your team to win Epidemic,  they must reach 100% infection and capture the park.

2) Reached 100% infection:

If the park is still neutral, then all you have to do is lay down a small barrel and wait for it to complete it's infection timer to win. If the park is captured by an enemy team that's not at 100% infection, you must make the park neutral again before capturing it to win.

If your team is not at 100% infection yet, don't give up. Your team can still capture the territory, forcing the enemy teams to make it neutral again. Protect the captured territory to buy your team time to reach 100% infection and have a shot at stealing the win!

endgame.png

Here are some of the rewards available for this event. They include some of last year's rewards along with some new ones.

Clothing (Backpacks and Head gear) rewards:

clothing.png

Gun skin rewards:

skins.png

A sample of some of the new primitive rewards:

primitives.png

And a sample of some of the new decal rewards:

decals.png

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 19

sounds quite fun, lets see how it feels like.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 1

Matt!!! You kidding me? I had just made a guide on this, I go back... And so did you!

Edit: Do not misunderstand me, I'm just joking, Find it funny it's literally done at the same moment.

Edited by Criseya

reduce the overall population per district, make it 40-40 or 30-30 the stutters and fps drops and sudden disconnects make the event unplayable

Ive only been playing like an hour or so... but this isnt very fun at all.

Its just HVR and Volcano spam.

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

7nLWdzk.gif

Time to git gud, Cooky

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

What did you expect from the community?

3 minutes ago, Knite said:

7nLWdzk.gif

Time to git gud, Cooky

We keep winning. Most players have no idea what to even do. Its a giant cluster fuck.

Though one guy is spamming chat with meth dealing RP so thats at least interesting.

1 minute ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

What did you expect from the community?

Did the community design this event?

Those knuckleheads!

Edited by CookiePuss

That's a bad event if you have to explain it to your players.

Just saying.

p.s.: me first time joining the district: 1. what the hell 2. 50x50 lag

p.p.s.: 5 more minutes playing: 1. why it is so boring 2. can it please stop lag like really LAG for 10 seconds with no updates at all and then unlag 30 meters away from my lagged position

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Did the community design this event?

Those knuckleheads!

Cooky plz, I meant the hvr and volcano spam. Don't make me release the thread :^)

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

1 minute ago, kidi said:

That's a bad event if you have to explain it to your players.

Just saying.

p.s.: me first time joining the district: 1. what the hell 2. 50x50 lag

p.p.s.: 5 more minutes playing: 1. why it is so boring 2. can it please stop lag like really LAG for 10 seconds with no updates at all and then unlag 30 meters away from my lagged position

Same.

Add in a little "if you dont understand it just uninstall" / "if you dont like it just uninstall", some Volcano and HVR spam and BAM... you know what its like.

2 minutes ago, Pinpuce said:

@CookiePuss choke me daddy

JIkZfNa.gif

5 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Cooky plz, I meant the hvr and volcano spam. Don't make me release the thread :^)

Sorry, I get a little touchy when people start blaming the consumer for a product's failures.

• Like 1

Sounds fun.

Sadly doesn't play like that at all.

Also, what's up with the player count?

Everyone has known for years that the downgraded servers aren't capable of hosting 100 players, yet you do it again and make everyone get annoyed by the lag.

Hi guys,

We will be making changes / tweaks as we go.

I'm guessing the player count was left high by accident. The team will check it.

NOTE: We're also on mitigation right now, so the server performance should be better once the DDoS attacks stop.

Apparently someone has no Halloween Spirit.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 8

Managed to try out a round of Epidemic before work this morning and it was really cool.  I really like your solution to G1's BR boundaries looking like shit buy turning them into gasses instead of a bright red grid.  I didn't think it was too hard to pick up on how to play the event, I just did what the markers told me to do like in every mission.

It seems the event districts are constantly crashing. I keep getting the "disconnected" message every 15 minutes and when I log back in the instance is just gone. 

While i appreciate and respect LO's attempt at their first event. This was a complete strike out.

Not only is the event too complicated (D chat is filled with players not having a clue what to do, if an event requires a visit to the forums for explanation, its immediately terrible)

The event also caters to griefers like no event ever has before. MANY players are simply grabbing an Alig and shooting up their own teams vehicles, preventing them from accomplishing anything at all.

Districts are constantly crashing, which in most cases happens right before one team is about to win. (appears to happen most often when one team gets to around 75% or higher)

The crashing alone discourages players for the simple fact that nobody wants to play an event that will only crash and deny what would be a winning team from collecting any reward at all.

I personally am greatful for everything LO has already done for a game i have been addicted to since day 1 of being a part of RTW's closed Beta.

However, this is my first negative reaction towards one of their attempts.

I appreciate the effort LO. But this attempt is a complete failure.

• Like 1

The "Kill 3 Barrel Carriers" daily mission is nearly impossible to actually complete. Make this easier or remove it please

• Like 1

Sorry as someone whos played long ..and spent loads of hours an money ...this event is so bad its not funny..good try..the lag is unreal..u get nothing for wining or lossing..the fog just gives hacekrs more power.. good try but its just so bad..

and i know it dont matter what we think..end of the day u tryed..some will be happy.... 

Edited by Birmingham
  • Like 2

Seriously wtf? Disconnects, lagspikes, lock screen, stuttering, logouts.... 

https://imgur.com/a/xWzxlW2 - three times for an hour

Game installed on SSD and I DON'T have any problems with other games

I think you should bring back the headless horsemen event with new changes ,clothes,  rewards etc...idk why but I really like that event even if you don't change anything. 😣

11 minutes ago, rfwegsdf said:

I think you should bring back the headless horsemen event with new changes ,clothes,  rewards etc...idk why but I really like that event even if you don't change anything. 😣

Yeah but this is sort of a preview for the new game mode "Riot".

So, you might wanna get used to this.

@MattScott

Dear Matt,

Thank you for the event and the in-depth guide, but I would like your immediate attention to release a hotfix.

The story is that we were playing the event in a fairly empty district (2 to 3 players per faction). I was on UNDEDOX's team. As seen on the picture below, I managed to reach %100 infection rate & arrived at the park with a barrel. The other 2 factions were below 70% infection rate.

unknown.png

The second image below was taken after dropping the barrel, with 3 seconds remaining on the timer to win:

unknown.png

Finally, when the timer was done, we somehow... lost the event:

unknown.png

I could be in the wrong here, but I don't see as to why we have lost. The park was neutral. I was the first to arrive and initiate an infection while other factions weren't even close to 100%. Those who arrived at the park were vehicle-ramming on the central-bridge. None of them attacked my barrel nor came close. Please have your team investigate this~

Thank you again~~