GavidaR

Enable Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

After the halloween update this error poped up. Ive tried everyhing i found on the internet but nothing has given me a solution. Any idea whats going on?

I've noticed some other AMD processors have had this problem with other updates before, my processor didnt have any problems up till now.unknown.png

Note: Neither ways of fixing it in the image work for me.

EDIT: FIXED

Edited by GavidaR

6 hours ago, GavidaR said:

After the halloween update this error poped up. Ive tried everyhing i found on the internet but nothing has given me a solution. Any idea whats going on?

I've noticed some other AMD processors have had this problem with other updates before, my processor didnt have any problems up till now.unknown.png

Note: Neither ways of fixing it in the image work for me.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-data-execution-prevention

bcdeditprogram /set {current} nx AlwaysOff on cmd

bcdeditprogram /set {current} nx AlwaysOn on cmd (This will enable dep)

If it don't work I guess Battleye is conflicted by the deps and this actually would need to be fix.

It was a deterrent to have players enable deps to make it harder to execute third party apps.

Edited by xRyona

14 hours ago, xRyona said:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-data-execution-prevention

bcdeditprogram /set {current} nx AlwaysOff on cmd

bcdeditprogram /set {current} nx AlwaysOn on cmd (This will enable dep)

If it don't work I guess Battleye is conflicted by the deps and this actually would need to be fix.

It was a deterrent to have players enable deps to make it harder to execute third party apps.

Already tried that, did not work, might be something on their end, i didn't have these problems before.

did you run cmd as admin? xd

or did you... well... try a clean apb/windows installation...

if that's worth the hassle for you.

it might also be on their end though. @killerskull is still active on the forums and had this issue b4, maybe he can help?

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

I've tried all the ways pòssible, plus you can't execute those kind of ocmmands without being logged in as admin, so yes, i've tried, ive reinstalled APB twice so far without any help. My pc is not the problem, the last update brough the problem up. Most likely their end.

Hi, I was mentioned here, thats cool forum feature.

I have bad news.

I had this issue after LO bought the game. I decided to try out apb again some time after the acquisition and I got the DEP error. I had never gotten any errors during G1s time so it was odd. I googled and tried different things but nothing worked. I submitted a ticket to support and waited I dunno over a month or so. They need to get their prioritized straight. People QQing about getting their banned accounts unbanned should have lower priority than people having issues running the game. Anyway, I waited a long time. Uninstalled the game, installed again, ran as admin, everything. Nothing worked. Its not until they released the first major patch was I magically able to run the game. They changed something that finally made it run. To this day I have no idea what the problem was. I was really frustrated with LO, I waited over a month and couldnt even run the game. AFter the patch, I closed the ticket and never looked back.

For you, I suggest opening a ticket ASAP and obviously making a detail report with a screenshot that you already attached, in simple English, for support. Only they can help you do steps we wouldnt know to try.

Maybe install on a different drive other than C?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, killerskull said:

Hi, I was mentioned here, thats cool forum feature.

I have bad news.

I had this issue after LO bought the game. I decided to try out apb again some time after the acquisition and I got the DEP error. I had never gotten any errors during G1s time so it was odd. I googled and tried different things but nothing worked. I submitted a ticket to support and waited I dunno over a month or so. They need to get their prioritized straight. People QQing about getting their banned accounts unbanned should have lower priority than people having issues running the game. Anyway, I waited a long time. Uninstalled the game, installed again, ran as admin, everything. Nothing worked. Its not until they released the first major patch was I magically able to run the game. They changed something that finally made it run. To this day I have no idea what the problem was. I was really frustrated with LO, I waited over a month and couldnt even run the game. AFter the patch, I closed the ticket and never looked back.

For you, I suggest opening a ticket ASAP and obviously making a detail report with a screenshot that you already attached, in simple English, for support. Only they can help you do steps we wouldnt know to try.

Maybe install on a different drive other than C?

I never install games in my OS harddrive. So that would not work :c

5 hours ago, SixxstagesofMajik said:

This tool should fix it used it before when fixing PC issues for people 

Does not work.

It seems like this is turning out to be a common issue to some.

What did you do before this happend tho?

5 hours ago, preo said:

It seems like this is turning out to be a common issue to some.

What did you do before this happend tho?

Nothing, played fine before halloween update, after the patch this error poped up and im not able to play anymore.

10 hours ago, GavidaR said:

Nothing, played fine before halloween update, after the patch this error poped up and im not able to play anymore.

Have you upgraded/changed anything on the harware side? Im thinking maybe I morphed 2 PCs into one and there mightve been a hardware issue with the game. That mightve been resolved with that big patch. No idea, just a guess.

Didnt cahnge anything from before the patch when halloween update arrived, so count that out

Just now, killerskull said:

Have you upgraded/changed anything on the harware side? Im thinking maybe I morphed 2 PCs into one and there mightve been a hardware issue with the game. That mightve been resolved with that big patch. No idea, just a guess.

I found out what was going on, apparently some smart silly person decided it was a nice idea to have an option ignoring all commands you plug into cmd to activate it or deactivate it.

Captura.PNG?width=646&height=465

unknown.png?width=623&height=465

Edited by GavidaR