Brinker

Questions for LO focused on custom config (NOT SHADERS)

Hello,

I have seen on the forums here and there about shader configs and other stuff, but I just want a full clarification on all of these things. 

1. Bullet Holes and Muzzle Flash Removal - Removes weapon flash and where your bullets hit the ground. I can see this one being not allowed since it is basically getting rid of a flash on your screen that could stop you from seeing another player, maybe in the corner of your eye. (even though that is a one in a million chance) I can probably live without this one but just to be sure.

2. Kill feed - This one I don't see such a big problem. This changes the kill feed color to any color recognized by the game (Green, Red, Blue, Orange, Yellow, White, Black, Purple) I could see this added into the game seeing as it gives no game advantage what so ever and is just a matter of personal preference. Also because you are given an option to change chat colors,

3. Toggle Shift to Sprint - Self explanatory, this is just another personal preference that I really could see being added into the list of controls in the in game Options. Toggle sprint is engraved in my muscle memory and I'd be kinda bummed if it is not allowed. 

4. Mission Names - This just adds the type of the last stage of the mission next to the name. I don't expect to see this one continuing from this point as it is kind of an advantage over the other team. You know if it's an item hold, your team can just sit in cars on defense then when the last stage hits, already be on the objective.

*Keep in mind that I'm not asking about shader configs, these things are just my personal preference on editing the game.

given what you have wrote i think you pretty much know what should and should not be allowed.

for me:

1: should not be allowed

2: no big deal

3: again no big deal

4: should not be allowed or just make it the same for everyone

It would be a shame if toggle-sprint was not allowed. It's literally in the config, just missing from the game controls UI.

The rest I didn't even know nor care for, but LO already said they're going to implement things that are missing.
That way old player-made tools like the advanced launcher can be permanently retired.

How do I get my hands on the file for number 4 😈

Pm me x

forgot push to crouch

I'm a little iffy on the fourth one, but I don't see why not allow 1-3.