MattScott

ARMAS Store refresh and pricing changes

10 minutes ago, OfficerEdd said:

Wow, really. I don't think I've read a more shallow statement than this. I'm starting to get the feeling that you're trolling. If this is the taste in games that peaple develop nowadays then it is no surprise that companies get away with it. The quality of games is at an absolute low despite maijor technological improvements and then this...

good talk bro i’m glad you brought such a well thought out response to the table

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

good talk bro i’m glad you brought such a well thought out response to the table

I've already said everything that I needed to. I don't see a point in reagitating. You are clearly very in-line with the masses.

1 hour ago, OfficerEdd said:

I've already said everything that I needed to. I don't see a point in reagitating. You are clearly very in-line with the masses.

Everything you need to say to achieve what exactly?

16 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i’m not sure where i said this, considering it’s obviously untrue as nearly every non-cosmetic item can be reached for free

And like I already said, it still takes a ridiculous amount of time to do so, even longer without having premium

it may or may not be anti-consumer, but that has very little bearing on how it adds to the gameplay experience, which achievements and “grinds” are fundamentally designed to do

It by design has a huge impact on gameplay. While most ARMAS weapons are niche weapons there are some that offer clear advantages over the free counterparts and it just constitutes as an unnececary divide in player experience.

how would you reward players if not with progressively better (to a point) items that they can actually use, it’s the easiest and (imo) best way to have physical proof that their efforts are a positive action

I don't know. Why do peaple play Counter Strike? Because it has mechanics that make it both skill based and unique. A leveling system wich offers progressively better equipment cannot offer a fair experience. Where is the reward when you only win every 5th game when you just created a new account? It doesn't feel deserved and there is a pretty big disconnect between win states and the effort you made to contribute to the team. APB is more of a 3rd person shooter than an RPG. It's always been that way so the design should represent that.

Believe it or not but it is possible to enjoy a game on the basis of playing it instead of bastardising by splitting up its content and sprinkling it all over the game only so your next 12 year old can be happy about unlocking the next new shiny thing.

i would argue that the arbitrary wall is more entertaining than the content behind it in most cases, regardless of knowing it’s a psychological trick or not 

So you like it when games get reduced to slot machines and milk its players without offering any meaningfull enjoyment.

apb was a good game with rewarding mechanics and a high skill ceiling, 2011-2012 was the peak imo, and the game barely surpassed 7k concurrent players

making the perfect game and players deciding to flock to it is a great idea in a vacuum perhaps

in reality the gaming industry (just like literally every other industry) relies on money and that money comes from consumers - perhaps you feel differently but i would much rather get into a game for free and find out i have to pay for small conveniences over handing over $60/$80/$100 up front and finding out the game is crap

The reason APB failed in the first place was the expectation for it to basicaly be full blown GTA: Online RPG. That isn't really a surprise since the idea behind APB was born from the maker of GTA. It simply was a disappointment and got severely neglected by its developers until Realtime Worlds went bankrupt. There are plenty of good games that survived despite not having micro-transactions as a business model.

Also... you know that you can watch gameplay before you actually buy a game right? Steam refund also exists for a reason. I also don't see a growing player count simply because of how "rewarding" the game currently is. If anything peaple got turned off by that and left it for good like I did.

23 hours ago, OfficerEdd said:

6 hours ago, OfficerEdd said:

And like I already said, it still takes a ridiculous amount of time to do so, even longer without having premium

It by design has a huge impact on gameplay. While most ARMAS weapons are niche weapons there are some that offer clear advantages over the free counterparts and it just constitutes as an unnececary divide in player experience.

I don't know. Why do peaple play Counter Strike? Because it has mechanics that make it both skill based and unique. A leveling system wich offers progressively better equipment cannot offer a fair experience. Where is the reward when you only win every 5th game when you just created a new account? It doesn't feel deserved and there is a pretty big disconnect between win states and the effort you made to contribute to the team. APB is more of a 3rd person shooter than an RPG. It's always been that way so the design should represent that.

Believe it or not but it is possible to enjoy a game on the basis of playing it instead of bastardising by splitting up its content and sprinkling it all over the game only so your next 12 year old can be happy about unlocking the next new shiny thing.

So you like it when games get reduced to slot machines and milk its players without offering any meaningfull enjoyment.

The reason APB failed in the first place was the expectation for it to basicaly be full blown GTA: Online RPG. That isn't really a surprise since the idea behind APB was born from the maker of GTA. It simply was a disappointment and got severely neglected by its developers until Realtime Worlds went bankrupt. There are plenty of good games that survived despite not having micro-transactions as a business model.

Also... you know that you can watch gameplay before you actually buy a game right? Steam refund also exists for a reason. I also don't see a growing player count simply because of how "rewarding" the game currently is. If anything peaple got turned off by that and left it for good like I did.

What happened?

On 1/27/2019 at 12:09 AM, Kewlin said:

What happened?

Just decided to give it another shot. I hope I made my point clear this time around.