MattScott

ARMAS Store refresh and pricing changes

12 minutes ago, neophobia said:

no problem 😛 xd nah, i caused it to begin with.

for the record/to explain it completely:

apb/g1 were bought a few months ago by Little Orbit - after the former company had no visible development for 2 years and practically only shelled out sales and once in a while some fairly recycled events.

the price were only cut by 50% in the biggest sales.

LO reduced the G1 prices for g1c shortly after taking over, making it a bit more clear (atleast for americans) (although just showing the actual prices and cutting out the currency bit in the middle may be even more clear - although that would probably be bad from a sales perspective, since it'd probably lower the willingness to pay that money)

now LO additionally reduced the baseprices - it still is not >cheap< but way much more fair than before - and they are actually - and visibly working on the game - and communicating about it.

thus - to me, some of the critics seem rather unfair. don't get me wrong: criticism helps - if it is constructive - but misinformation and just blindly saying "uhh disappointing" does not.

this is why i also reacted so "passionately" about it. xd

and hey, (especially) if you are a new player - and need some help etc, hit me up if you wanna. i might not be the best player and have the most time but yeah. xd

Exactly my thoughts, it's really nice to see new stuff being added to the game, stuff being fixed, improved etc. Obviously they still have a lot to work on, but i'm expecting bigger changes to roll out after engine update. It's impossible to please everyone, especially the ones who think that they are the world and everything should be the way they like it. Toxicity in the game and forums is quite high, i'm glad to see some positive people here 😄 but i'll stop here as i don't want to go off topic.

On 10/31/2018 at 10:36 AM, Fasalina said:

Not that i want to be that guy but, 30+ euros for an account bound gun is still quite a lot especially for the state the game is in. Tbh you should just remove the entire 3days, 30days and char bound releases and stick it all on account bound reducing the price on it aswell. To say like 10 to 15 euros. 

One thing that stopped me from spending is the rediculous pricing on everything. Yeah, the reskin is cool and all but i can still get the same ish gun ingame. 

Props on the new site tho. Looks slick. 

It's a lot.. it's like way way way a lot, considering prices in other online games where there's far far larger development teams at work, infrastructure and playerbase to maintain.

I also think 8$ for monthly premium is pushing it, considering again the game we're playing (well and not to mention premium is only a gimmick for designers and if u rly find it important to earn more ingame $ faster..)

imo the prices are too steep for where this game is at.

If the prices were far more ... uhm, in lack of a better word "modern" ..... aka "micro-transactions" not "30 euro = 1 gun" .. then far more ppl would be interested in spending imo, which would benefit LO.
Same for premium... make it something reasonable for what you're getting... 3-4$ monthly at most and then you'll get more people to signup for it.

On 10/30/2018 at 4:11 AM, Suez said:

I hope things change in the future, and we actually get a playerbase going because 250 people playing (EU) a game isnt a playerbase, and that people can actually buy some guns that are essentially SKINS for less than 20$.

How much of those "250" are actually buying anything? 10 bucks for a gun seems more realistic with huge population but not when dozen of people spend their money.

On 10/30/2018 at 1:22 PM, MattScott said:

However I saw very few guns go up in price, and nothing that I'm aware of more than around 7%.

The vast majority of weapons dropped by 15-50%, with the biggest drop on Account Bound pricing.

The colby pmg mk 4 went from 1500 to 2399 G1C for character lifetime if I´m not mistaken. Which is around a 60% increase. And I think the N-HVR 762 Dvah went from 1799 to 2799.

I was planing on buying both but now I´m not sure.

Great job overall though.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 3:02 AM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

The first phase of the new ARMAS Store has been rolled out, so I wanted to take a moment a let you know about it. 

new-armas.jpg

Our initial focus has been on readability and discoverability for a more enjoyable browsing experience.

You also will notice the main (featured) page has been redesigned and modernized with the following changes: 

• Featured Carousel - We now have featured items rotating atop the main page to highlight the new and cool items available. 
  • Larger Item Cards - In addition to being bigger, items on the main page are now categorized and scrollable for better browsing. 
  • Streamlined Navigation - The navigation bar as been updated to reflect how users search, grouping similar categories. 
  • Weekly Discounted Items – Check back each week, because we have started featuring selected items with a limited time discount. 
  • Overall Price Drops – We took the time to review the first batch of our pricing and have standardized in a number of categories, bringing down the overall cost by as much as 20-50%! 

More is coming in the weeks ahead. We will be refreshing the individual item pages in addition to the presentation of the items themselves so stay tuned.

We hope you enjoy this and continue to look forward to making ARMAS that best place to get all your APB gear. 

Thanks,
Matt

Hey Matt, can you explain why there is still a gamersfirst loge on your ARMAS Store?

8 minutes ago, ChrisVicious said:

Hey Matt, can you explain why there is still a gamersfirst loge on your ARMAS Store?

Because the company is still called Gamersfirst.

9 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Because the company is still called Gamersfirst.

I thought little orbit is the company.

2 minutes ago, ChrisVicious said:

Have you ever looked at the adress bar or the favicon?

Just now, ChrisVicious said:

the website is gamersfirst, and it was purchased by the company little orbit

whereas before the website was gamersfirst, and it was owned by reloaded productions (formerly k2 iirc)

the name gamersfirst has never been an actual company afaik 

15 minutes ago, ChrisVicious said:

It was wrong of me to state that 'Gamersfirst' was the company, apologies.

Little Orbit is the company that bought all of the assets, Gamersfirst is the portal.

As stated by Lixil in

Matt Scott recently posted about this as well: 

Edited by Kevkof
Added second information source

Dear LO Team,

what i did not like and it seems like this was still not fixed is the weapon stats in armas. On some weapons we have a damage labeled as medium, on another weapon its saying 400, then we also have weapons like isbr which have non of these at all and on top of that you cannot even 3 days trial it. This is not really professional in my opinion. I'm fine with the prices but i really think you should invest some time in providing an accurate weapons description with a detailed weapon stats. That would refer to cars as well and anything else you're selling.

Thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/1/2018 at 1:54 PM, Tigrix said:

It's a lot.. it's like way way way a lot, considering prices in other online games where there's far far larger development teams at work, infrastructure and playerbase to maintain.

I also think 8$ for monthly premium is pushing it, considering again the game we're playing (well and not to mention premium is only a gimmick for designers and if u rly find it important to earn more ingame $ faster..)

imo the prices are too steep for where this game is at.

If the prices were far more ... uhm, in lack of a better word "modern" ..... aka "micro-transactions" not "30 euro = 1 gun" .. then far more ppl would be interested in spending imo, which would benefit LO.
Same for premium... make it something reasonable for what you're getting... 3-4$ monthly at most and then you'll get more people to signup for it.

I wouldn't jump on it so fast. They probably made some research on it and it might be that people who never spent money on this game or do it occasionaly won't do it even if the prices will get ridiculously low. Majority of APB population resides on Citadel which constist mainly of 3rd world countries also many underaged people without any income or bank account.

5 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

I wouldn't jump on it so fast. They probably made some research on it and it might be that people who never spent money on this game or do it occasionaly won't do it even if the prices will get ridiculously low. Majority of APB population resides on Citadel which constist mainly of 3rd world countries also many underaged people without any income or bank account.

Dont you mean 2nd world?

On 10/30/2018 at 6:48 PM, Akito said:

r u fckin retard3d?

No the community cries for change then bitches when tjey get it. 

Too much emphasis on listening to a small group of diehard self entitled people. 

A game is supposed to be viable and make money. 

I just think they of course need the engine upgrade and then make some major changes across the board to attract a new audience. 

Something that eases new people into not getting floor stomped their first 2 missions and quit forever. 

If most of the people currently here had their way it would be tiny little incremental changes just to suit themselves so they continue to run off new players and keep it the same current sad state. 

There really needs to be a better way to help new people out. 

For starters, I forgit who. But someone made a great tutorial with pictures here in the forums. 

By default that link should be sent to every new registered account. 

I have that link copied and I when I see a new player I add them as friend then email them the link in game. 

Yesterday, we lost a mission because a new player couldnt drive the Vegas we had to deliver without crashing. 

I added him and invited to group and let them drive my Vegas to get used to it. 

I'm just saying the community at large is toxic and need some kind if mentorship program. 

• Like 2

On 10/30/2018 at 5:48 PM, Nitronik said:

Happy with some of the price drops, but I'm frankly disappoint weapons like the ALIG and the DMR-AV got a major price hike

I was going to buy an Alig, not now. They reduced the price of the reskin KO, but before there was a good cheap option and a flashy version that cost alot. No increases should have accured, thats just poor form, in the end though, if they fix the game they will come and more money for LO. It all seems to be resting on (Im scared to mention it) the upgrade.

On 10/30/2018 at 6:54 AM, Ketog said:

i don't even understand why some 3 slot weapons have different prices than other 3slot weapons .

just make all the guns the same price  and the preset ones lower , that's literally screaming "this weapon is better so it's more expensive !"

It's cool to get reductions and all , but what about common sense ,? , some weapons got their price rised , and not by a little .

Do you realise that this is equivalent to 35$ for a single weapon ?

unknown.png

Personal note tho : Even tho you guys reduced the price by a lot , wich is good , APB is still the free to play game with the most expensive stuff i've ever seen .

I can literally buy a new game for these prices... lmfaooo wtf

I have to agree that the prices on the ARMAS store are extortionate, especially given the current low population of the game - there's no guarantee that APB will even still be around in another year, I for one would not feel confident in making a purchase for that kind of money given the current state of the game.

I have spent quite a lot on APB in the past but even then only during sales, the population was much healthier back then so I felt more confident knowing I'd get my money's worth from my purchases.

during the Halloween event, I spent 576 G1 

ht0DdGLHHr.jpg

On 11/7/2018 at 8:39 PM, TheDogCatcher said:

I have to agree that the prices on the ARMAS store are extortionate, especially given the current low population of the game - there's no guarantee that APB will even still be around in another year, I for one would not feel confident in making a purchase for that kind of money given the current state of the game.

I have spent quite a lot on APB in the past but even then only during sales, the population was much healthier back then so I felt more confident knowing I'd get my money's worth from my purchases.

Completely agree.

The prices are still really really whack. 
25euro for a gun? cmon ... its just a reskin of an existing gun and in any other goshdarn online games with "MICROtransactions" skins of stuff definitely do not cost half the price of a tripple A game lol, for ONE skin.

If u spent 25euro in another game, you'd get like tons of bundles and multiple skins/character outfits etc etc...

in apb, you get 1 gun, if even lol... cmon guys 😜 whales can't keep ur game alive forever... you gotta at some point make the prices seem approachable to the normal sane players too.

• Like 1

Quick sidenote to this thread since it's about the ARMAS market; why am I limited to a 3 day trial of the SNR PR1? I legit want this thing account bound, please add it back.

Also would like to see this in the JT store as well.

Edited by Leefekyn
Typo

23 minutes ago, Leefekyn said:

Quick sidenote to this thread since it's about the ARMAS market; why am I limited to a 3 day trial of the SNR PR1? I legit want this thing account bound, please add it back.

Also would like to see this in the JT store as well.

Just add it permanently to ARMAS please. . . I love fucking around with mine and I want everyone else to be able to feel the joy of using an SNR PR1.

I like to think of it as Tiggs' last gift to me: https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/407754-tiggs-snr-pr1-please/

• Like 1

@MattScott With the price changes, as well as the recent changes to many guns (shotguns, IR, etc) is there any chance we could see weapon trials reset? I would like to test out some of the weapons, with their new prices/stats, before making a purchase.