MattScott

ARMAS Store refresh and pricing changes

dSRBLLH.png

I mean... 95$ (76$ if premium) for probably the worst gun(s) in APBs history?

I think all the items are still way too expensive, especially considering APBs current state and population.

You can get multiple AAA games on steam for the price of one account bound weapon.

But at least the shredder doesn't cost 50$ anymore, so that's nice.

32 minutes ago, GhosT said:

dSRBLLH.png

What the hell?  Did that pack get raised?  If anything that pack in particular should have gotten the biggest price dive out of everything on Armas.  Unless they're using it as a tactic to deter anyone from buying it so they don't waste money on the worst guns.  Sneaky.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

I get die hard fans dont mind paying 50€ for a weapon. I find that completely ridiculous, and again, JUST BECAUSE G1 DID IT, doesnt mean you can do it and get away with it.

I for once, will not be spending another € here, not for premium or weapons. Get the pricing to decent levels, until then, ill wait for the new engine to get here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

hello i have some staff to talk about
I will pin there @MattScott

1. why i see at top left corner 22% ? if i already got all rewards obtain not count boxes each 1000G1C and 15 day premium voucher each 5000G1C

unknown.png

if thats discount then it should be described

2. maybe some loyality rewards after spending more then Euryale ? like some random boxes vouchers ? let me tell for example 10 boxes of random number to obtain after each 5k or 7k G1C spend ? maybe some 5 day premium ? for 1250 G1C spend etc. propably some wepons, cloths etc.

So the gun prices are still as ridiculous as before?
A single gun in a free to play shooter shouldn't cost more than 10 dollars lmfao

oh and cars still cost basically the same too

Edited by Yeedman

Can PS4 PLEASE get Enforcer Paramilitary gear? I've been waiting for it to come to console Armas since the console versions were released 😞

Cool changes otherwise! Keep up the good work, hope everything is well!

5 hours ago, GhosT said:

dSRBLLH.png

I think all the items are still way too expensive, especially considering APBs current state and population.

You can get multiple AAA games on steam for the price of one account bound weapon.

But at least the shredder doesn't cost 50$ anymore, so that's nice.

5 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

What the hell?  Did that pack get raised?  If anything that pack in particular should have gotten the biggest price dive out of everything on Armas.  Unless they're using it as a tactic to deter anyone from buying it so they don't waste money on the worst guns.  Sneaky.

ye the price increased. matt has said that the pack-prices currently are wonky though.

my purchase history says

Valhalla's Chosen (Account Lifetime) 3,839 G1C 2015-11-27 16:02 G1 Credits

Edited by neophobia

The forums are like democrats, biggest cry babies ever! 

The man said its first round of changes. 

Personally if I were Matt Scott I would do the opposite of everything this tiny toxic community wants and get a new customer base instead of ever trying to please these ungrateful folks. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Havana said:

Personally if I were Matt Scott I would do the opposite of everything this tiny toxic community wants and get a new customer base instead of ever trying to please these ungrateful folks. 

Luckily Matt isnt an idiot.

• Like 3

At a glance I'm not really seeing anything terribly appealing about the new pricing. Seems to have resulted in large price hikes in a lot of cases. Not quite sure what to think of it. Tad confusing if anything. 

Have to say I'm liking the new design at least. Looks a good bit cleaner, and runs better. Doesn't have long awkward delays between everything. Though I do agree with everyone that total premium days absolutely do need to be displayed. 

Wow. Im sad to say this but this has been such a disappointment. 

The bottom two points might not have been integrated with the new changes. Since Matt said only a lil has been done so far

1) From the new layout, I cant see all my prem codes that have been rotting away for years. I have to go thru the old layout to see my codes.

2) My account purchase history doesnt show my previous weapon purchases, I have to go to the old layout.

3) Like everyone mentioned, no timer for prem, Im sure you guys forgot.

4) Rewards

5) Where did the link to ARMAS on the forum go? Now I have to google "apb armas" to get there

Biggest disappointment of all are the prices. I dont shop often, its been years but dam is everything still very expensive. I can comfortably say that my 5k g1c will keep rotting until the prices come down. Its sad but I PREFER Tiggs flash/random 50% off sales. I bought majority of the weapons that way. Ive included a screenshot. THESE ARE REASONABLE PRICES!!

This is in addition to buying those boxes that gave the act44 and a choice of a primary. These are Char bound. You can see the NTEC is more expensive now than when I bought it at full price. Its now 2,799 g1c.

dpbiw7.jpg

Edited by killerskull
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Havana said:

The forums are like democrats, biggest cry babies ever! 

The man said its first round of changes. 

r u fckin retard3d?

I still have a weapon which is character bound, but doesn't give me the option to upgrade to account bound for a discount 😞

Support ticket #84809.

13 hours ago, MattScott said:

We created 7 tiers for weapons that reflect the "Character Bound" price:

Tier 0 = 3499 - is reserved for "Just Released Weapons"

Tier 1 = 2999

Tier 2 = 2799

Tier 3 = 2599

Tier 4 = 2399

Tier 5 = 2199

Tier 6 = 1999 - lowest price

Thank you Matt for taking the time to reply and explain.  It is refreshing to see this.  I don't play to often but have been off/on with my daughter.  I've spent a few hundred I believe.  Since everyone seems to being their 2 cents here is mine.  Yeah I agree the store is still about 30% to high (coming from mid-class US), but what I would really like to see is a 90 day/180 day price and temporary prices be lower. That way you get your recurring rev and people can take breaks every 3 months if they want.   I like the 3 day 99 price, but the 30 day should be around 10% of the character bound price (279).  Then add 90 days 499, and 180 for 799.  Then my daughter and I might actually buy guns more often especially since her allowance is roughly 499 g1c 🙂

Honestly, if you just did more holiday sales I think that would take care of it too lol   Black Friday is coming up...

Really confused as to why prices are by weapon class, but whatever, lol.

The fact that whether or not something can be got in game for free is not considered in pricing, but weapon type, which means nothing, is, is a bit confusing to say the least. Why should an N-TEC be worth more than an ISSR-B?

Not that i want to be that guy but, 30+ euros for an account bound gun is still quite a lot especially for the state the game is in. Tbh you should just remove the entire 3days, 30days and char bound releases and stick it all on account bound reducing the price on it aswell. To say like 10 to 15 euros. 

One thing that stopped me from spending is the rediculous pricing on everything. Yeah, the reskin is cool and all but i can still get the same ish gun ingame. 

Props on the new site tho. Looks slick. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, killerskull said:

5) Where did the link to ARMAS on the forum go? Now I have to google "apb armas" to get there

Biggest disappointment of all are the prices. I dont shop often, its been years but dam is everything still very expensive. I can comfortably say that my 5k g1c will keep rotting until the prices come down. Its sad but I PREFER Tiggs flash/random 50% off sales. I bought majority of the weapons that way. Ive included a screenshot. THESE ARE REASONABLE PRICES!!

This is in addition to buying those boxes that gave the act44 and a choice of a primary. These are Char bound. You can see the NTEC is more expensive now than when I bought it at full price. Its now 2,799 g1c.

dpbiw7.jpg

the armas link has been missing since the new forums have been introduced.

that's good - why would they try to push you towards sales if you just wanna discuss - although it also annoyed me, as i was used to it.

they are down from 3999 g1c to 2999 g1c at max from what i've seen. along with 20% cheaper g1c, it is quite a significant decrease.

0.8*0.75=0.6

thus - every weapons price has been lowered by 40% as minimum from what i've seen.

they said the price was actually reduced by 20-50% in this patch so the effective decrease over original gamersfirst is between 36% and 60%

to top it off, these prices are also getting decreased by premium, so it'd be between 51,2% and 68% with premium. (sorry for math errors, only did those numbers in my head)

the prices are lower than they have ever been on any sale. (50% with premium was the max) (atleast for weapons - packs are more expensive - they said they are working on it)

so - you are also plainly wrong at the last point. 2639 was definitely during a sale or while premium was active.

i don't have any screenshot of the old prices - but i am very certain. don't you think 2639 is an odd price? yes, it is actually 80% of 3299. which sounds far more reasonable. and that's the very 20% discount premium would give you.

and - the current price with premium is 2399 (which is lower). don't spread misinformation.

Edited by neophobia

Where can you see this 20% cheaper g1c? Just checked and prices were still same 🤔

On 10/30/2018 at 11:54 AM, Ketog said:

Do you realise that this is equivalent to 35$ for a single weapon ?

unknown.png

that's 32 though

Looks cute, still nothing here is modern, you haven't even used modern fonts, or flat design using bootstrap or Metro CSS framework, I suggest you to take a look at these two.

Just now, Drollin said:

Where can you see this 20% cheaper g1c? Just checked and prices were still same 🤔

it's 5$ for 500.

it used to be 5$ for 400.

4 minutes ago, neophobia said:

it's 5$ for 500.

it used to be 5$ for 400.

Ah, that change took place at an earlier date already?

Coz the pricing has been 5$ for 500 for as long as i remember (since i started playing again less than 2 months ago) 🤔

1 minute ago, Drollin said:

Ah, that change took place at an earlier date already?

Coz the pricing has been 5$ for 500 for as long as i remember (since i started playing again less than 2 months ago) 🤔

yeah, that happened a few months ago (but Iess than 4-5 months - this is when LO took over)

sorry for the confusion.

1 minute ago, neophobia said:

yeah, that happened a few months ago (but Iess than 4-5 months - this is when LO took over)

sorry for the confusion.

Ok, thanks for clearing that one up for me 😄

1 hour ago, Drollin said:

Ok, thanks for clearing that one up for me 😄

no problem 😛 xd nah, i caused it to begin with.

for the record/to explain it completely:

apb/g1 were bought a few months ago by Little Orbit - after the former company had no visible development for 2 years and practically only shelled out sales and once in a while some fairly recycled events.

the price were only cut by 50% in the biggest sales.

LO reduced the G1 prices for g1c shortly after taking over, making it a bit more clear (atleast for americans) (although just showing the actual prices and cutting out the currency bit in the middle may be even more clear - although that would probably be bad from a sales perspective, since it'd probably lower the willingness to pay that money)

now LO additionally reduced the baseprices - it still is not >cheap< but way much more fair than before - and they are actually - and visibly working on the game - and communicating about it.

thus - to me, some of the critics seem rather unfair. don't get me wrong: criticism helps - if it is constructive - but misinformation and just blindly saying "uhh disappointing" does not.

this is why i also reacted so "passionately" about it. xd

and hey, (especially) if you are a new player - and need some help etc, hit me up if you wanna. i might not be the best player and have the most time but yeah. xd

• Like 2