MattScott

ARMAS Store refresh and pricing changes

Just now, neophobia said:

i did argue the same as you before. but yeah - that's f2p for you. they gotta make money somehow and - guess what, many people just stick to the free options, so others that are willing to gotta pay.

the prices are much more reasonable than ever though.

you also don't gotta go for the most premium option - as in 3slot acc bound perm. there are alternatives, like 0 slot acc bound perm (25$ for 5 weapons) or 3 slot char bound perm...

I agree they need to make money, but every other f2p shooter I play 1 permanent gun is between 5 and 10 euros

• Like 1

i have to agree it's not the drop i thought, but that's not such an issue if you consider that,  maybe you'd need to buy 1 gun every few months, over 8 years i have quite a few, but the overall costs are insignificant if you really think about it, i assume many people DONT buy that amount of guns, so money i spend on guns helps support those who dont spend on guns (see where this is going?) 

if the price was cheaper maybe more people would spend money on guns...

the real issue i have with it is (as pointed out by others) there seems to be a quite inconsistent pricing structure...

3 open slot weapons, should be the highest price point, special mods + open slots should also be apart of this (integrated Silencer for example) 
Presets should be the next drop.
secondaries i would personally put below mains, but i can see them being a similar price.

i can see re-models being more expensive than the in game equivalents, but versions of the same re-model, i dont see why they would be more or less expensive than each other.

Ntec is a good example.

N-Tec  - 2999
CR5     - 3199
VAS     - 3199

That works, 3 Open Slots and they are re-modelled versions of the same weapon (i personally would love to see reskins as options for a base weapons, because here you need to buy 3 ntecs at full price + 400 g1c JUST for the reskins if you wanted all options) 

CR-5 PR1 - 2999, 30 day 359
CR-5 PR2 - 2999, 30 day 429 

These two presets have the account value being the same, but the 30 day different, they are also objectively worse than the N-Tec Dvah yet just as expensive account bound weapons, true you dont have to buy the mods, but they are relatively cheap on the market and you can get them in game, seems like a daft purchase.

VAS R-2 'Crown' - 2999

2 Open Slots and an Integrated Silencer, this price (relative to the other prices) is acceptable since the integrated mod can only be bought with this weapon (but thus is subject for P2W hate) ... if the mod was available in game it would fall into the same issue as the PR1 and PR2 which are over priced for the restriction they enforce.

i'm leaving scoped Ntecs out of this because they are fundamentally different and need sorting out separately 

now compare this to the SR315 and the STAC ...

SR315 - 2799

STAC Scope - 2799
STAC Tactical - 2999

why is the tactical MORE expensive!

another example are the CR762 re-models

CR762 - 2999
Hoplite - 2999
Broadside - 2999
Spartan - 2799

Hoplite,Broadside and Spartan are re-models of the CR762! both with 3 open slots, why is the spartan cheaper?!

i'm not saying you've done a bad job, the store looks better and the drop in prices are welcome, just i think you need to do another pass at them and try to normalise the prices.

Edited by Seadee
changed reskin to re-model for clarity
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Seadee said:

CR-5 PR1 - 2999, 30 day 359
CR-5 PR2 - 2999, 30 day 429 

as far as i remember these are/were also an entirely different weapon, neiter ntec nor scoped

(the prices are still off)

26 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:

I agree they need to make money, but every other f2p shooter I play 1 permanent gun is between 5 and 10 euros

sorry, can you link them? just genuinely curious which they are.

Edited by neophobia

5 minutes ago, neophobia said:

as far as i remember these are/were also an entirely different weapon, neiter ntec nor scoped

(the prices are still off)

not as far as i am aware, these are preset N-Tecs, the descriptions are only describing the preset mods, but my issue with them is more the pricing being odd than anything else.

Edited by Seadee

7 minutes ago, Seadee said:

not as far as i am aware, these are preset N-Tecs, the descriptions are only describing the preset mods, but my issue with them is more the pricing being odd than anything else.

probably that was cleaned up by now either way, was just saying...

ye, i do agree there.

• Thanks 1

interesting.... looking good so far

very cool but who in their right mind would buy a 'Hotfoot' for 2.4k G1C?

f35e793fa7e512396c97dc0e37fe77a4.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lumshedens said:

very cool but who in their right mind would buy a 'Hotfoot' for 2.4k G1C?

f35e793fa7e512396c97dc0e37fe77a4.png

isnt it 1919 with premium?

Always great to see an Item you grinded for becoming available on the Armas.

Hi everyone,

First, I see lots of good feedback here that the web team can digest.

Specifically I like the comments around:

- Modifications to the Loyalty Area / arrow down confusion

- Premium days left were trimmed for space, but we can find a way to add it back in

Second, I also see lots of comments on pricing.

I'll start by saying this effort was already complete and being implemented before I started the Developer Discussion thread. I'm sure many players will have there opinions on how this "could have" or "should have" been done. Please bear in mind that we are investing into APB in so many areas, so giving any discount on pricing flies in the face of convention wisdom. I'm doing it because (a) I believe it's the right thing to do, and (b) I committed to it in the Q&A.

These prices were literally all over the place before, so it was a bit trickier to organize in a way that would insure every single weapon got a reduction.

However I saw very few guns go up in price, and nothing that I'm aware of more than around 7%.

The vast majority of weapons dropped by 15-50%, with the biggest drop on Account Bound pricing.

We created 7 tiers for weapons that reflect the "Character Bound" price:

Tier 0 = 3499 - is reserved for "Just Released Weapons"

Tier 1 = 2999

Tier 2 = 2799

Tier 3 = 2599

Tier 4 = 2399

Tier 5 = 2199

Tier 6 = 1999 - lowest price

Our designers looked at each category and assigned a Base Pricing Tier.

Assault Rifles = 1

LMG = 4

Pistol = 5

Shotgun = 3

SMG = 2

SniperRifle = 2

Each locked slot drops that item down a tier from its base (with the exception of Pistols that have a fixed tier).

Then we did some hand adjusting in some cases to pull weapons down a tier or two more if it made sense.

Account Bound weapons are now +200G1C on top of the Character Bound price across the board.

So as an example, the COBR-A "Venom" is an Assault Rifle. It's original price was 3299 for Character Bound and 3999 for Account Bound.

Remember, before the G1C adjustment, 3999 = $49.99. Now that is simply $39.99.

The new system starts that gun in Tier 1, which is 2999. It has all three slots so there is now reduction, but we adjusted this gun to Tier 2 to drop the price a little, which makes the new Character Bound cost 2799.

+200 makes the Account Bound cost 2999, which now = $29.99.

In this case there is a small decrease for the Character Bound version (500 G1C) but a larger decrease for the Account Bound version (1000 G1C).

Also, we have not yet adjusted packs that have weapon in them, so those prices will still be a little wonky.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

I appreciate the fact that you explained this Matt, but I have to say this tier thing is complete nonsense apart from secondary weapons. This pricing implies that ARs are somehow superior to all other guns, while this is absolutely not the case. Every weapon has a role and a place it excels in, there is no one gun or one class of gun that trumps all others, this notion is just nonsense, and the prices should not imply this ever.

I'm also very disappointed by the fact that reskins of normal guns are priced the same as Armas exclusive guns. It is a highly unusual choice and it makes the prices of said reskins seem disproportionately high. There is also the whole point about a gun in this game costing the same as whole games which is frankly ludicrous.

All in all, I do enjoy the new Armas design and the fact that the website loads a lot faster, but I was expecting more from the price adjustment. Before prices were random at best, now they may follow a system, but a fundamentally flawed system imo. Again thank you Matt for shining some light on the details here and reading my 2 cents on the matter.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

I'm also very disappointed by the fact that reskins of normal guns are priced the same as Armas exclusive guns. It is a highly unusual choice and it makes the prices of said reskins seem disproportionately high. There is also the whole point about a gun in this game costing the same as whole games which is frankly ludicrous.

to me it should be exactly the other way around - armas exclusives shouldnt be more expensive, since they should be equal choices and not better/more premium/whatever.

reskins - that are purely cosmetic and come down to a player just wanting to look different - could cost (a bit) more

in the end, having same prices for everything would also be reasonable.

but - it is obvious that some weapons are way more niche and less versatile than others - so they should be cheaper because they are less desireable because of that.

all of the guns should have their rightful place and have the same tier gameplay-wise, but an smg that is as versatile as an ar would probably also not make sense.

since they are supposed to be not worse overall though... hm. makes it seem... off.

Edited by neophobia

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

So why are reskins of the same weapons different prices?

Remeshes, not reskins

Just now, Knite said:

Remeshes, not reskins

Honestly, I was expecting Skitty to say that.

Even though gifting has been disabled for a couple months now, i would still like to be able to check my previous giftings.

Although you can still sneak into the "gifts" page by changing your url to "https://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/gifts.php"

Which then looks somewhat like this

unknown.png

Edited by Netzu
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Tier 1 = 2999

Tier 2 = 2799

Tier 3 = 2599

Tier 4 = 2399

Tier 5 = 2199

You should really simplify this. All primaries should cost the same. Value is based on the number of slots and whether the weapon is preset or customisable. Secondaries should follow the same idea, minus slots, obviously.

Then new releases can be added at a premium and go down eventually.

Ideally you'd also streamline the system so a weapon is put into a category (e.g. primary/3-slots or primary/preset) and the price is based on that. This way you avoid the chaos that ensures when using individual entries for each item.

By the way, this extends to all other content, too. Clothing items, vehicle kits, bundles. People get confused with different prices and, imo, will buy less when things get confusing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skeller said:

accept tophat

i refuse

Again, as the original post mentions, this was just a first pass as organizing things.

Lots of good feedback here.

• Like 2

Why is SBSR IRS priced the same as freaking N-HVR 762? And also why are the Norsemen weapon more expensive than the other SMGs while being probably the worst SMGs thenselves?

I get what your classification cryteria is but I really do not agree with it. Each weapon from the same cathegory is more or less effective, more or less niche. Trying to ignore this fact is plain wrong imo.

Btw I do love the new site, it feels much more clear and usable. Just fix your pricings please, they're better than G1 ones but still pretty far from good

• Like 1

I don't mind the pricing nearly as much as the lack of the ability to purchase an LCR tho...

Edited by Onadan

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Tier 1 = 2999

Tier 2 = 2799

Tier 3 = 2599

Tier 4 = 2399

Tier 5 = 2199

Nice to know how it's figured out

I know i'm only 1 of many players, but im not totally convinced by the logic behind the tier system ... now i'd understand if it was 
T0 - Just Released Primary (Premium Early Purchase)
T1 - Just Released Secondary (Premium Early Purchase)
T2 - New Primary
T3 - New Secondary
T4 - Old Primary
T5 - Old Secondary

then adjust based on slots and mods

but what about the weapons where they are the exact same weapon with the exact same slots and the prices are different ?

it might be that its supposed to be 2999 and not 2799 so if we bought it right now it would be a bargain! (quick go buy the spartan if you want a CR762!) if this is one of the hand adjusted ones, i guess its because of sales of this particular item are lower and thus the model itself must be less desirable, personally ... i'd keep the base rate and slap a "sale" sticker on it, which would adjust it to the desired level, makes it seem more enticing and less confusing.  

Thank you for explaining and thank you for reducing prices overall, keep up the good work and maybe you'll win this "community" over eventually 😄