MattScott

ARMAS Store refresh and pricing changes

Kind of disappointing. Some of the guns still costs way too much considering how many guns there are in the game. Was also hoping every single individual clothing would be sold separately. Many of the clothing I want are in packs.

And also I will always have minus respect with the jokerboxes bs. I wish you guys would get rid of it. I've seen what lootboxes/jokerbox gambling does to person with gambling problem irl and it's awful.

Edited by JenzAmaka

Its a good start but needs so much more work, for real

Also I have one gripe; why are ARs more? Are you suggesting that ARs are superior and need to cost more? In Apb every gun type should be as viable as the next, I don't like what this price difference in guns infers 

7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

• some preset guns have odd pricing structure (e.g. Colby PMG 'Hush' X-III is 2,999 for 2 open slots, then the Colby PMG X-III 'Murmur' PR1 is 2,599 but the PR2 is back to 2,999)

the pr2 should be more expensive than the pr1 though i guess

all other points seem very valid (including general preset pricing inconsistencies which also affects this)

i still do think 30 dollars is still a quite high asking price (unless there are sales in future i guess that would give players another option too - 30 sounds like a fair "base"price) - even for accbound perm (bear in mind, this is just for one weapon. if you wanted one for each scenario you'd easily end up at 3-4 primaries and 1-2 secondaries - that is barely comparable with the prices of AAA games).

(it doesnt really affect me, i already have like 70 accbound perm weapons + legendaries, i'm not begging. just saying. guess the numbers will tell.)

definitely a good change.

i guess when converting to euros the prices seem even more fair. especially with premium. it's still lower than g1s sales prices, so i can't *really* complain.

now... the page still doesnt load for me though, i can't actually look at the mp

Edited by neophobia

19 minutes ago, neophobia said:

now... the page still doesnt load for me thigh, i can't actually look at the mp

Same here. I was very curious but it seems like I gotta wait a bit more 😞

Great on paper.Would love to see it in action, but the page doesn't load.

Honestly, I have nothing positive to say about this, other than maybe the new UI looks slightly better.

• Joker boxes are still insanely expensive, and there is still no guaranteed drop of legendary after X boxes.
  • The permanent weapons are still expensive as hell. If the weapons I've been looking at getting have been reduced, I can't tell the difference (or it's not big enough for it to matter to me).
  • I can no longer see days of active premium left.
  • Accessing "Redeem Code", which is a very often used option for me, is harder now.
  • Loyalty Rewards progress is much less intuitive now. I've spent many thousands, and it says "2%". To what? Next reward? Makes no sense.

For a guy who kept saying that, from now on, there would be no more updates without testing and user input, this is certainly very disappointing. The so called "price reductions" are the worst part. The ones that got dropped are insignificant, and the ones that got increased is laughable. Certainly does not make me wanna spend any more money than I already have.

• Like 1

Maan did this flop, hope you guys will be making further adjustments to the pricing, right now you're still paying for weapon for about as much as an actual decent game on steam would. 

Edited by K3ith
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DouglasFalcon said:

Same here. I was very curious but it seems like I gotta wait a bit more 😞

works for me now!

40 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

• The permanent weapons are still expensive as hell. If the weapons I've been looking at getting have been reduced, I can't tell the difference (or it's not big enough for it to matter to me).

they are down from 3999 g1c to 2999 g1c at max from what i've seen. along with 20% cheaper g1c, it is quite a significant decrease.

0.8*0.75=0.6

every weapons price has been lowered by 40% as minimum from what i've seen.

they said the price was actually reduced by 20-50% in this patch so the effective decrease over original gamersfirst is between 36% and 60%

to top it off, these prices are also getting decreased by premium, so it'd be between 51,2% and 68% (sorry for math errors, only did those numbers in my head)

now... this is a relatively reasonable baselevel i guess? i do think it is still a lot to ask for. you're looking at 30$ for the most expensive weapons.

(24$ with premium sounds pretty fair - atleast in comparison - though)

however, the prices were considerably lowered.

maybe they'll do a 20% sale one day, but this is already better than the sales niveau of g1.

so - asking for further lowering or an additional sale seems highly unreasonable - atleast at this point of time.

Edited by neophobia

Just now, EmptyPillow said:

The guns that got cheaper only got 500 g1c cheaper?

That is still pretty good.

Just now, haunta said:

That is still pretty good.

Sorry but I'm still not gonna pay 20-25 eu per gun 😕

6 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:

Sorry but I'm still not gonna pay 20-25 eu per gun 😕

there is an option for non-acc bound/perm then xd

nah, i get you.

but - the prices are way much more fair in comparison though. it used to be 50$ per gun as maximum, now it's 24 at max.

there are also guns a fair bit cheaper.

i think the best thing is the bundle of 5 zero-slot weapons for a bit of under 25$

https://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/product_details.php?storetype=g1c&gameID=20&catID=63&subcatID=204&productId=3812

includes basically one weapon accbound perm for most possible situations minus antivehicular... 0 slot tho.

Edited by neophobia

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

• Overall Price Drops – We took the time to review the first batch of our pricing and have standardized in a number of categories, bringing down the overall cost by as much as 20-50%! 

epic joke

• Like 1

Just now, neophobia said:

there is an option for non-acc bound/perm then xd

nah, i get you.

but - the prices are way much more fair in comparison though. it used to be 50$ per gun as maximum, now it's 24 at max.

there are also guns a fair bit cheaper.

Well 24 euros for an oca 3 slot is a bit y i k e s for me

How about making some Vehicle bundles/Clothing packs Account bound while you're at it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:

Well 24 euros for an oca 3 slot is a bit y i k e s for me

that is the top of the line though.

it's not 24 euros either, it's 24 dollars

i don't even understand why some 3 slot weapons have different prices than other 3slot weapons .

just make all the guns the same price  and the preset ones lower , that's literally screaming "this weapon is better so it's more expensive !"

It's cool to get reductions and all , but what about common sense ,? , some weapons got their price rised , and not by a little .

Do you realise that this is equivalent to 35$ for a single weapon ?

unknown.png

Personal note tho : Even tho you guys reduced the price by a lot , wich is good , APB is still the free to play game with the most expensive stuff i've ever seen .

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Ketog said:

i don't even understand why some 3 slot weapons have different prices than other 3slot weapons .

just make all the guns the same price  and the preset ones lower , that's literally screaming "this weapon is better so it's more expensive !"

ye same, unless it is for armas exclusive reskins...

i mean it is a fact though that some weapons are way much more versatile...

Edited by neophobia

Just now, Ketog said:

Yeh make all the non reskins 3 slots the same (cheap) price already

20 minutes ago, neophobia said:

works for me now!

they are down from 3999 g1c to 2999 g1c at max from what i've seen. along with 20% cheaper g1c, it is quite a significant decrease.

0.8*0.75=0.6

every weapons price has been lowered by 40% as minimum from what i've seen.

they said the price was actually reduced by 20-50% in this patch so the effective decrease over original gamersfirst is between 36% and 60%

to top it off, these prices are also getting decreased by premium, so it'd be between 51,2% and 68% (sorry for math errors, only did those numbers in my head)

now... this is a relatively reasonable baselevel i guess? i do think it is still a lot to ask for. you're looking at 30$ for the most expensive weapons.

(24$ with premium sounds pretty fair - atleast in comparison - though)

however, the prices were considerably lowered.

maybe they'll do a 20% sale one day, but this is already better than the sales niveau of g1.

so - asking for further lowering or an additional sale seems highly unreasonable - atleast at this point of time.

Pay the same for a gun that I would pay for several, full-length games on Steam.

Yeah fucking nah. I had hoped they had finally seen the light and made the pricing fair. Guess not.

3 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

Pay the same for a gun that I would pay for several, full-length games on Steam.

Yeah fucking nah. I had hoped they had finally seen the light and made the pricing fair. Guess not.

i did argue the same as you before. but yeah - that's f2p for you. they gotta make money somehow and - guess what, many people just stick to the free options, so others that are willing to gotta pay.

the prices are much more reasonable than ever though.

you also don't gotta go for the most premium option - as in 3slot acc bound perm. there are alternatives, like 0 slot acc bound perm (25$ for 5 weapons) or 3 slot char bound perm...

Edited by neophobia