MattScott

ARMAS Store refresh and pricing changes

Hi everyone,

The first phase of the new ARMAS Store has been rolled out, so I wanted to take a moment a let you know about it. 

new-armas.jpg

Our initial focus has been on readability and discoverability for a more enjoyable browsing experience.

You also will notice the main (featured) page has been redesigned and modernized with the following changes: 

• Featured Carousel - We now have featured items rotating atop the main page to highlight the new and cool items available. 
  • Larger Item Cards - In addition to being bigger, items on the main page are now categorized and scrollable for better browsing. 
  • Streamlined Navigation - The navigation bar as been updated to reflect how users search, grouping similar categories. 
  • Weekly Discounted Items – Check back each week, because we have started featuring selected items with a limited time discount. 
  • Overall Price Drops – We took the time to review the first batch of our pricing and have standardized in a number of categories, bringing down the overall cost by as much as 20-50%! 

More is coming in the weeks ahead. We will be refreshing the individual item pages in addition to the presentation of the items themselves so stay tuned.

We hope you enjoy this and continue to look forward to making ARMAS that best place to get all your APB gear. 

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

So... these ARE the new prices already?

What ones got changed if you dont mind me asking?

Edited by CookiePuss

all good and all, but why are some items more expensive than before? For example the atac patroller. 

I thought you guys wanted to reduce the costs, not increase.

5 minutes ago, foolish ninja said:

all good and all, but why are some items more expensive than before? For example the atac patroller. 

I thought you guys wanted to reduce the costs, not increase.

It's gone down in price. By quite a bit. Not sure what metric you're using

So, why is the premium day counter removed?  How am i supposed to know how many days i have left now?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad to see another reduction in price although I've noticed two quirks with the new layout. 

First off all I can't seem to see how many days of Premium I have left, all it says is "Active". Allowing Players to see their exact time they have left of their Premium status will likely be a common request.

The second quirk would be that the way to view your Loyalty rewards is a little confusing.

c69a71835f531a061b94bddbc2fc808f.png

The yellow arrow underneath the name makes it look like the whole line or the arrow are supposed to work as a drop down menu for you to look at your Loyalty rewards but instead you have to click "View All" which is greyed out, I suggest giving the "View all" button the same yellow color so it's less confusing and can be seen easier.

All in all things are looking great tho.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Frosi said:

The second quirk would be that the way to view your Loyalty rewards is a little confusing.

c69a71835f531a061b94bddbc2fc808f.png

The yellow arrow underneath the name makes it look like the whole line or the arrow are supposed to work as a drop down menu for you to look at your Loyalty rewards but instead you have to click "View All" which is greyed out, I suggest giving the "View all" button the same yellow color so it's less confusing and can be seen easier.

All in all things are looking great tho.

Really they should just make the whole line Yellow ( so it blends out from the background) and make it a clickable drop down menu instead of something that opens an overlay like it used to.

1 minute ago, SkittyM said:

Really they should just make the whole line Yellow ( so it blends out from the background) and make it a clickable drop down menu instead of something that opens an overlay like it used to.

The line is a progress bar for how close you are to the next loyalty reward

The layout of the site is basically identical to how it was before, except everything is now oversized. Some things have gotten price reductions, but a lot of things actually cost more than before. We waited for this garbage?

• Like 1

looks interesting, most guns seem to have been reduced by ~$10 

i realize this is the first phase and that weapon pricing is now far more consistent, but is there a reason that guns arent all exactly the same price? - is it based on projected ingame usage/demand/etc

and some specific oddities

• some guns with different visual variants have different pricing (e.g. COBRA-A 'Adder' vs COBRA-A 'Venom / Raptor 45 'Hawk' vs Raptor 45 'Vulture')
  • some preset guns have odd pricing structure (e.g. Colby PMG 'Hush' X-III is 2,999 for 2 open slots, then the Colby PMG X-III 'Murmur' PR1 is 2,599 but the PR2 is back to 2,999)
  • presets again, some presets seem to knock off 100 G1c, some 200 G1c, some not at all, and then the N-SSW 'Kraken' is ~1300 G1c lower than the open slot N-SSW

12 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

The layout of the site is basically identical to how it was before, except everything is now oversized. Some things have gotten price reductions, but a lot of things actually cost more than before. We waited for this garbage?

a majority of weapon prices have gone down, but thats all i can speak for

keep in mind orbit has always been upfront that prices may go up or down

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

are we going to get free premium and 50% sale?

Stop begging.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have played this game since it released from beta. And it had alot of problems, graphical and network. The game came a long way since then is now playable.

Since littleorbit took over, they got us a new anti cheat sistem and trading, two things the game desperately needed.

Ive been keeping tabs on the forums and the videos make by MattScott, including the one with Kempington.

I understand the game needs to provide $ to stay alive. BUT, prices were already ridiculous and people still bought stuff, I have personally spent over 150€ or more on it, my brother over 500€, crazy right?

So I hoped the prices on guns would be lower, and I mean affordable lower. So when I get in game, after some years away and I find the changes and playability so nice now, i felt happy, until I openned armas to give it a look, and I was disappointed. 22-30€ for a single weapon, a SINGLE. WEAPON.

Thats completely ridiculous, I would understand 10$ maybe 15$ for the 3 sloted weapons which take a long time to unlock in game, but the pricing right now is just filthy money grab that G1 had.

I hope things change in the future, and we actually get a playerbase going because 250 people playing (EU) a game isnt a playerbase, and that people can actually buy some guns that are essentially SKINS for less than 20$.

To Matt and all the team, keep up the good work and do what you need to stay afloat, but honestly? Make the pricing decent, because at the moment it's a complete cash grab, and the fact it was that way before is no excuse.

From a frustrated old time player who loves APB

57 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

So, why is the premium day counter removed?  How am i supposed to know how many days i have left now?

^

xaBTse4.png < add "(XXX Days)" behind this and we're good.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

looks interesting, most guns seem to have been reduced by ~$10 

i realize this is the first phase and that weapon pricing is now far more consistent, but is there a reason that guns arent all exactly the same price? - is it based on projected ingame usage/demand/etc

and some specific oddities

• some guns with different visual variants have different pricing (e.g. COBRA-A 'Adder' vs COBRA-A 'Venom / Raptor 45 'Hawk' vs Raptor 45 'Vulture')
  • some preset guns have odd pricing structure (e.g. Colby PMG 'Hush' X-III is 2,999 for 2 open slots, then the Colby PMG X-III 'Murmur' PR1 is 2,599 but the PR2 is back to 2,999)
  • presets again, some presets seem to knock off 100 G1c, some 200 G1c, some not at all, and then the N-SSW 'Kraken' is ~1300 G1c lower than the open slot N-SSW

a majority of weapon prices have gone down, but thats all i can speak for

keep in mind orbit has always been upfront that prices may go up or down

I have played this game since it released from beta. And it had alot of problems, graphical and network. The game came a long way since then is now playable.

Since littleorbit took over, they got us a new anti cheat sistem and trading, two things the game desperately needed.

Ive been keeping tabs on the forums and the videos make by MattScott, including the one with Kempington.

I understand the game needs to provide $ to stay alive. BUT, prices were already ridiculous and people still bought stuff, I have personally spent over 150€ or more on it, my brother over 500€, crazy right?

So I hoped the prices on guns would be lower, and I mean affordable lower. So when I get in game, after some years away and I find the changes and playability so nice now, i felt happy, until I openned armas to give it a look, and I was disappointed. 22-30€ for a single weapon, a SINGLE. WEAPON.

Thats completely ridiculous, I would understand 10$ maybe 15$ for the 3 sloted weapons which take a long time to unlock in game, but the pricing right now is just filthy money grab that G1 had.

I hope things change in the future, and we actually get a playerbase going because 250 people playing (EU) a game isnt a playerbase, and that people can actually buy some guns that are essentially SKINS for less than 20$.

To Matt and all the team, keep up the good work and do what you need to stay afloat, but honestly? Make the pricing decent, because at the moment it's a complete cash grab, and the fact it was that way before is no excuse.

From a frustrated old time player who loves APB

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

55 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

@MattScott

are we going to get free premium and 50% sale?

Jfc guys have SOME form of restraint

Just now, ChellyBean said:

Jfc guys have SOME form of restraint

you should know this community well enough by now chelly

shame on you

Just now, BXNNXD said:

you should know this community well enough by now chelly

shame on you

I expected too much from people.

I have failed you ;-; 

Welp, the fact that UI options to receive gifts at all was removed does not fare well for gifting coming back. LO, I seriously think you don't get how much potential money you're losing by not even caring about ARMAS gifting.

Anyhoo, as BXNNXD said, why are prices on guns especially still so random? For example the VAS-R2 series being some of the most expensive guns on ARMAS despite being ugly reskins of the N-TEC, (though to be fair, the N-TEC is also randomly absurdly expensive,) or the ACES SMG and ACES Rifle being entirely different prices. I'm fine with some price raises, but there really should be just across the board price categories, for example:

• ARMAS Exclusive Weapon (Open Slots) - 3,199
  • ARMAS Exclusive Weapon (Preset) - 2,999
  • ARMAS Reskin of In-Game Gun (Open Slots) - 2,799
  • ARMAS Reskin of In-Game Gun (Preset) - 2,499
  • In-Game Gun (Open Slots) - 2,199
  • In-Game Gun (Preset) - 1,999

(Price suggestions for account-wide.)

The prices might be off, by the point is putting in a system of tiers of prices instead of prices being entirely random. BTW, is there any chance you could bring back it showing what prices things are without premium even if you don't have premium? 'Cause I always pop a premium code before buying anything, so it's a little obnoxious not knowing what I'll actually be spending.

*EDIT* Maybe give lower prices for secondaries as well.

Merged.

No but seriously Little Orbit, you just removed the potential for people to receive gifts they had not yet received without any warning, that's really not cool. I had one gift I was still waiting on receiving and another I wanted to contact support about asking if they could transfer it to another character (as it was gifted to a character that already had it.)

Edited by Kewlin
  • Like 5

Happy with some of the price drops, but I'm frankly disappoint weapons like the ALIG and the DMR-AV got a major price hike

• Like 3

Just now, Nitronik said:

Happy with some of the price drops, but I'm frankly disappoint weapons like the ALIG and the DMR-AV got a major price hike

Agreed.

I like the price drops, but not really the random prices nor do I like the price INCREASE on some of the guns.

The population is low, increasing prices will make your income even worse.

• Like 2