Ketog

Any of you noticed this chat problem ?

Im not sure if this happends in certain districts or instances , but have you guys noticed that when you send messages fast in the chat only the first ones goes trough ?

Yesterday i've tested with someone in social district , and when , i count from 9 to 1 in chat (pressing enter between each number in rapid sucessions)

The other guy will only see my 9 and 8 , then all my other messages after this won't go trough .

Here's a visual exemple :

On my side i count from 9 to 1 then say random stuff

unknown.png

On the screen of my friend he sees this :

unknown.png

weirdly the delay allowed between messages is quite long , and it sometimes makes conversation get into an akward place due to missunderstanding and unsent messages .

is this an artefact of mitigation or something ?

TLDR : if you send messages too fast , you see them sent , but other people don't see it .

Edited by Ketog

possible spam filter?

not sure if it’s latency related since usually chat is the only thing that does work when the servers are on the fritz

You mean that we are losing half of the Cyrillic spam in district chat?

Oh the horror! 😱

This isn't a problem. It's intentional.

From what I understand you used to be able to crash other people's games by sending them a metric shitton of PMs In a very short amount of time. I think they fixed it by adding a Spamfilter.

I think it's a good thing, I hate when people spam in district or yell.

35 minutes ago, StunStick said:

From what I understand you used to be able to crash other people's games by sending them a metric shitton of PMs In a very short amount of time. I think they fixed it by adding a Spamfilter.

Yes, this infact happened to me on a recurring basis.

It is a spam filter but the spam filter is too heavy handed sometimes. I get blocked out even when sending only 2-3 messages sometimes.

5 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It is a spam filter but the spam filter is too heavy handed sometimes. I get blocked out even when sending only 2-3 messages sometimes.

Same. Im not even a fast typer, but if Im actually having a convo the filter is a bummer.

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Same. Im not even a fast typer, but if Im actually having a convo the filter is a bummer.

This is pretty much me ,  the conversation goes into weird spots all the time

thing is , why didn't we got any info about this ?

if there's a filter it should be way less heavier

There also that small bug where, I cant remember how to do it but sometimes the chat will just stay hidden and when you type the bar will come up and the message will send but you cant see the chat history and the only way to see the history is to fully open the chat box key

7 hours ago, Ketog said:

thing is , why didn't we got any info about this ?

pAtCh nOtEs aRe hArD

unknown.png

unknown.png

1 minute ago, Ketog said:

unknown.png

unknown.png

oof

I wonder how many convos have been fucked up this way... so many lost things just because of a smart filter nobody knew about, no feedback of it being active ln you as well. Little orbitized✌️

Guess w'ill never know if it's nromal or not .

I had this issue in district chat when doing one of the events. Whe  I found out I switched to Yell and had no problems.

Is this why social spammers use yell?

It would be good to have some kind of feedback when your messages gets filtered out, rather than not knowing at all. A simple "Your message was not sent to prevent spam. Please try again in a moment" would make a lot of difference to understanding.

• Like 1