Sign in to follow this  
CanadianInfidel

Poll Suggestions for N5 & P5

What to do with bounty N5/P5  

70 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What LO should do with N5/P5 bounty system in action districts?

• Disable/Remove completely from APB
    • Disable during opposed missions
    • I don't care/ I don't know
    • Leave it how it is, i think it's perfect how it is

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/18 at 05:59 AM

1 hour ago, CanadianInfidel said:

What should we do about bounty ruining missions?

Mattscott commented on this before.

I do not recall where the post is.

I believe after the engine upgrade is when they plan to make it to where notoriety 5  can not happen during a mission or affect those in other missions.

47 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Mattscott commented on this before.

I do not recall where the post is.

I believe after the engine upgrade is when they plan to make it to where notoriety 5  can not happen during a mission or affect those in other missions.

that's very interesting. because if you're in a MISSION, that reduces a LOT of the potential red names you'd see during notoriety/prestige 5.

not saying i agree with the current system, but it'd seem a little "empty" not having as many targetable people as before.

Just now, Aeronaut said:

that's very interesting. because if you're in a MISSION, that reduces a LOT of the potential red names you'd see during notoriety/prestige 5.

not saying i agree with the current system, but it'd seem a little "empty" not having as many targetable people as before.

if i remember correctly it was suggested by MattScott that a good idea would be to make n5 not activate until the mission is done.

hard to remember what was and was not said sorry and even then it was  ideas and nothing written in stone

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

if i remember correctly it was suggested by MattScott that a good idea would be to make n5 not activate until the mission is done.

hard to remember what was and was not said sorry and even then it was  ideas and nothing written in stone

This seems to ring a bell, perhaps from one of the Question and Answer streams on Twitch. The absolute removal or atleast the delayed "Bounty" effect occurring after the mission is done, would make a huge difference to the fluidity of missions without interruptions. 

"You are doing well. Here is your punishment."

-APB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some of the absolute coolest moments I've experienced in APB came from the bounty system. It's a system that makes sense in a game as chaotic as this one, and fits with the general feel of needing to constantly adapt to a changing battlefield.

I would say, perhaps there should just be better rewards for maintaining P5/N5? There'd be a definite balance point you would want to achieve, such that losing a mission due to a bounty being placed still felt completely worth it, but not high enough that a player is encouraged to throw a mission just to stay alive and maintain it. Perhaps some mission reward multiplier based on time spent on bounty and number of players in the district?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

the worst thing about n/p system is this imo

when you do bad aka loose lots of mission in a row , you get less money.

and when you're doing good ,you're rewarded with death .

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 2

I feel as if the bounty system would be far more fair if the P/N levels reset at the start of each mission - it doesn't really make sense for you to be at risk of becoming bounty just because you did well in the previous mission.

I'd also like to see it become much harder to become bounty - as well as it providing far better rewards. But if you're not going to remove the system entirely you should definitely make it so that bounty players can only fight against players in their mission.

If you are going to remove it perhaps consider turning P/N into a kind of incentive to keep doing well in missions, a bit like Overwatch's on fire system.

Or maybe they should rework it. Make it so that the same faction can't kill you. You should still be visible on the map, but it doesn't show your perfect location, just a big circle where you might be

1 hour ago, Ketog said:

the worst thing about n/p system

is that when you do bad aka loose lots mission in a row , you get less money

thats not a thing for years now mate, n5 p5 used to matter in mission rewards before they changed it, now you can be p0 as enfo with 0.1x multiplier and still get the same rewards as anyone else

band aid solution in the meantime, allow enfs to pay off prestige levels like crims can pay off notoriety levels

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

band aid solution in the meantime, allow enfs to pay off prestige levels like crims can pay off notoriety levels

yeah, that or make it so crims cant kill crims & enfs cant kill enfs while bounty, we dont need a mini anarchy district 

I don't have a problem with it to be honest.

Though for the sake of balance, we could "delay" prestige/notoriety 5 until after the mission ends, and then kicks in.

Removing it just makes the game even more basic than it already is.

Though something needs to be done against "friendly" kills to prevent getting it.

Edited by GhosT
  • Like 2

I don't understand the issue with n5/p5. What I would like though, is the ability to pay it off (and drop down to n4/p4) through the menus somehow. Otherwise, the system is perfectly fine as it is.

Jesus guys, now we're complaining about interesting mechanics that have been here since day one?  

I always liked how if you did too well, you became a target for the other side - but you also get double the cash and standing you usually do.  I've had tons of missions improved by the system - the other day I had a VIP we couldn't kill, then she got hit by a random car and it gave us the chance to start slowly chipping away at her lives.  Everybody had a good laugh about it, and we still just barely won.  Some of y'all really need to get that competitive stick out of your asses

Only valid complaint I saw above was the team kill aspect of it and adding to the red names during missions - just give players outside your mission another color, preferably a color-blind friendly option, if they can harm you.

I'd say have it where only your opposition can kill you whilst in missions and if you survive then other players can come and attempt getting your bounty i just find it frustrating that outside players can just come and kill you when your either holding down a point or defending an objective then some random comes out of nowhere and kills you, Also there should be phasing  just like in social where outside players can't grief you whilst in missions cause you could be taking a car to a drop off point then an outside player whom may not like your or just do it to troll then impedes your mission. All I'm saying is that the whole notoriety needs a complete overhaul and re-work in my opinion.

Edited by ɱɑƫƫʂϗᎧɨɨ™

There were many threads concerning the issue of Bounty 5. My stance on the subject is the same as before.

On 7/26/2018 at 6:45 PM, MartinPL said:

Bounty Level 5 isn't inherently a bad idea. However, in its current state, it is far from perfect. In my opinion, there is a number of ways it could be fixed.
The things stated below in bullet points are not a list, but a loose collection of ideas to mix and match together.

• Relegate the P5/N5 gameplay to a post-mission activity.
    As it stands, any player with Prestige 5 or Notoriety 5 can interfere - and be interfered with - when it comes to missions. It is entirely possible for an entire match's outcome to be decided by a Bounty 5 player deciding to open fire on someone trying to clutch the situation in their mission.
    Bounty 5 (which I'll call B5 from here on out) could be made to kick in only once the mission is over. This way, someone becoming an open target does not disrupt the mission's flow and they can still keep their attention on the task at hand without having to worry about stray gunfire.

• Relegate the P5/N5 gameplay to a post-mission activity BUT limit it to those who were in the mission.
    This point is largely the same as above, however in this instance, the B5 player could only shoot or be shot at by players who were in the same mission. Once a player drops dead in this post-game state or moves out of range (for example, 100 metres away), B5 is disabled and the players are back in the "Not Ready" state the game is in by default.

• Make "being in a mission" a player state in which one cannot interact with B5 players.
    The word "interact" here refers to dealing and taking damage.
    Simply put, this separates the missions from B5 gameplay in a way that completely disallows either side from interfering with the other's experience.

• Allow players to opt out of the bounty system altogether.
    Some players may be entirely opposed to the bounty system's existence - which is also fine. We all have our own opinions and that's fine (as long as the discussion about them is kept civilized). Every player could be given an option to disable the bounty part of the game. By doing that, all components of the bounty system would be disabled. A player who chooses to opt out will never reach Prestige 5 or Notoriety 5 as long as they leave that metaphorical box unchecked. Similarly, they will never be able to damage B5 players and never be able to be damaged by them too.

8 hours ago, EmptyPillow said:

Wait there is people actually defending the bounty system?

ikr,  i agree that it is an integral part of the earning potential during missions, but you can't deny that it needs some tweaking to avoid being abused or invasive on mission success. The absolute removal may be too far, but the delay until after the mission is over could induce a "side-mission" or "bonus objective" aspect to fulfill in between missions or while waiting for a mission to start.  

I would also like to see *griefers* or those who have driven a dump truck/cement truck for an extended period of time to pop N5/P5 so the community can kill these targets too LOL

Edited by CanadianInfidel

The bounty never, as far as i remember, ruined a mission for me, just made me quick cash. To avoid it i jus't pay off my N level to 0 after every mission.

in my eyes all that needs to be done, is make it so when you teamkill as an N5/P5, you die just as they would, because it's absolutely stupid to get murdered by some random N5/P5 that you'd get nothing out of shooting, and the people that do this also lead to other people of the same faction shooting at you.

Sign in to follow this