Hexerin

Reworked ARMAS... can we see a teaser of it?

17 hours ago, Hexerin said:

That actually wouldn't be a terrible idea. It'd generate a burst of good PR, and potentially bring players back in (even if only temporarily while they play with their new shiny).

Innova did that with the FAR Spearhead if I'm not mistaken, they gave a permanent one away in a "login and win" style event.

I wouldn't go as far as to gift weapons that are currently for sale on Armas, but the remaining referral ones (Temptress and 2 slot CAP)  would make for nice rewards since they haven't been put up for sale yet, and they were basically given away for free with the old referral system. 

5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

while this is true, didn’t g1 shut down that “10 days of premium/10 day kraken lease” because it was just being abused by rerolling  cheaters?

This

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

"Oh man, I wasnt ever going to cheat in this game, but since I get a free gun I clearly no longer have a choice."

-No one ever

I know you just heard free gun and went OMGZ YEES!!! But If your aim botting and doing it with a cj3 with a free armas weapon its a lot more effective mate than using default star lol it has in the past and will in the future. Nice reference there btw, it INCREASES the likelyhood. Need another idea I believe. Cant believe I have to explain this.

26 minutes ago, JudgeAnderson said:

I know you just heard free gun and went OMGZ YEES!!! But If your aim botting and doing it with a cj3 with a free armas weapon its a lot more effective mate than using default star lol it has in the past and will in the future. Nice reference there btw, it INCREASES the likelyhood. Need another idea I believe. Cant believe I have to explain this.

Im not sure it does.

Cheaters like to cheat. I dont really see a non cheater deciding to cheat just cuz he gets a Cr5 with HS3 IR3 for free.

Like, who is waiting for a free gun to decide to go from being a decent person to a total piece of shit?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JudgeAnderson said:

ummm did you skip your meds?

because crackers buddy crackers

2 hours ago, JudgeAnderson said:

You could debate that any company giving free things away in their games increases the likelihood of cheating. Your point is void.

You have to look at the bigger picture: giving away free weapon(s) could bring people back to the game. Yes, there's the chance the cheaters would be drawn back as well (though I think there wouldn't be a huge uproar of cheaters due to this) but it's worth it! This game is dying not in a good place right now. Look at the steam charts, or type /pop while you're logged into jericho! Promotions and offers such as this are gonna be what saves the game. Being stingy and careful all because [ a.) you dont want more cheaters ] and/or [ b.) the company wants to make more money ] is not going to help the population re-stabilize at all!

So honestly, you complaining that it might 'draw more cheaters' is such a invalid argument. And BattlEye will probably take care of them anyways. I see that you've been here since 2011. So I'm sure you know how nice it was back then to have an actual population playing the game. The gain is worth it despite the pain that may (or may not) come with it.

EDIT:

just gonna leave this here, since this is the basis of my argument

21 hours ago, Hexerin said:

That actually wouldn't be a terrible idea. It'd generate a burst of good PR, and potentially bring players back in (even if only temporarily while they play with their new shiny).

Edited by Goldtiger

7 hours ago, killerskull said:

$5 a weapon is reasonable, account bound maybe $10?

For ones that are reskins of existing weapons, that sounds fair. If it's a completely new weapon though, I'd say it'd be fair to charge a higher price like $10 for character and $20 for account since it would involve a lot more than just creating the model. Especially so if it's only a temporary premium, and gets brought down to the $5/$10 price point some reasonable amount of time later.

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

For ones that are reskins of existing weapons, that sounds fair. If it's a completely new weapon though, I'd say it'd be fair to charge a higher price like $10 for character and $20 for account since it would involve a lot more than just creating the model. Especially so if it's only a temporary premium, and gets brought down to the $5/$10 price point some reasonable amount of time later.

It would also be nice if they made it clearer when a weapon is a reskin.  Like putting reskins of free guns in a category of their own and excluding them from the main sections or something.  Or maybe even having the 3 slot variant of the free gun on Armas, and have a check box on the listing for which reskin you would like.    I know all the descriptions say "Functionally identical to ________" but there's a chance people can miss that.

8 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

It would also be nice if they made it clearer when a weapon is a reskin.  Like putting reskins of free guns in a category of their own and excluding them from the main sections or something.  Or maybe even having the 3 slot variant of the free gun on Armas, and have a check box on the listing for which reskin you would like.    I know all the descriptions say "Functionally identical to ________" but there's a chance people can miss that.

Honestly, if I was designing the way ARMAS was laid out, I would add another layer to the sorting. Currently, you hit the main weapons tab, then select a subset of weapons (assault rifles, SMGs, etc). I'd take that further by letting you select a specific weapon within the weapon subset. So if you clicked on assault rifles, there would be subsets for STAR, NTEC, FAR, etc. You'd still see the full selection of weapons in the subset tab, but clicking the specific weapon would filter it down to just that weapon's options.

On 10/29/2018 at 2:37 PM, Goldtiger said:

You could debate that any company giving free things away in their games increases the likelihood of cheating. Your point is void.

You have to look at the bigger picture: giving away free weapon(s) could bring people back to the game. Yes, there's the chance the cheaters would be drawn back as well (though I think there wouldn't be a huge uproar of cheaters due to this) but it's worth it! This game is dying not in a good place right now. Look at the steam charts, or type /pop while you're logged into jericho! Promotions and offers such as this are gonna be what saves the game. Being stingy and careful all because [ a.) you dont want more cheaters ] and/or [ b.) the company wants to make more money ] is not going to help the population re-stabilize at all!

So honestly, you complaining that it might 'draw more cheaters' is such a invalid argument. And BattlEye will probably take care of them anyways. I see that you've been here since 2011. So I'm sure you know how nice it was back then to have an actual population playing the game. The gain is worth it despite the pain that may (or may not) come with it.

EDIT:

just gonna leave this here, since this is the basis of my argument

No my point is a valid concern and cant be dismissed. It sbould be taken into consideration as this has happened in the past. Void? Might want to look up what that means there buddy. Battle eye MAY catch them.. so what reroll try again with a  slot weapon accounts are free. Keep going until they find a work around is my point. 

Second issue is they need to fix the actual game before bothering to try and bring people back. Make the advanced launcher standard, or after the next upgrade.

IMO  I dont think it should be an armas weapon either, Maybe a 1 slot or 2 slot weapon would be enough, recieved through the tutorial like the perm 0 slot weapon we get. That way people can make an educated choice of weapon and have time to play through the game for a bit, and more experienced players would get it straight away due to already having finished it.

It just isnt as simple as give away free guns fix population.

13 minutes ago, JudgeAnderson said:

It just isnt as simple as give away free guns fix population.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying it would help fix the population by giving old players an incentive to come back to the game. 

And yes, your argument is void. A large majority of cheaters don't feel the urge to cheat all because they can get a free gun with their throwaway account. You literally get a free permanent weapon just by completing the tutorial for the game!! And cheaters couldn't care less about whether or not their gun has slots in it, unless they plan on trying to get away with closet cheating (which usually means they're not going to be making throw away accounts). When they added that, there was barely any change to the number of cheaters in the game. You're actually just speaking out of your patootie. 

I do agree though that they do need to fix the game, but they also need to get people to want to come back to the game. Little Orbit won't have a game to fix if nobody is wanting to play it. 

6 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying it would help fix the population by giving old players an incentive to come back to the game. 

And yes, your argument is void. A large majority of cheaters don't feel the urge to cheat all because they can get a free gun with their throwaway account. You literally get a free permanent weapon just by completing the tutorial for the game!! And cheaters couldn't care less about whether or not their gun has slots in it, unless they plan on trying to get away with closet cheating (which usually means they're not going to be making throw away accounts). When they added that, there was barely any change to the number of cheaters in the game. You're actually just speaking out of your patootie. 

I do agree though that they do need to fix the game, but they also need to get people to want to come back to the game. Little Orbit won't have a game to fix if nobody is wanting to play it. 

Lol, I said most of that already and my argument is not void because you say so, that is a statement an oppinion, so in definition not void. You just dont agree, please dont use words you dont understand how to use. Freaking psudo science bs lol

Cheaters love putting a CJ3 on a inaccurate high damage gun with aim bot. Wtf else do they do? It was done in the past and this would be another case of it as I said before. So be warned.

Dont say void, sbow me that this hasnt happened in the past or counter my argument, not just put up a counter statement and we might get somewhere.

Fix game first then consider how to get population back.

New ARMAS is open for SQL Injection ... (its not showing much, but you could DROP TABLE from some spots)