I Miss the Days Videos like this Were Made..

I dont know if Im the only one thats going through this weird spell but... Ive lost all drive for APB Reloaded...  Its just not as fun as it used to be.

I dont know if it was the constant want for new and better things and wanting to be able to one day create a nice car or just being able to meet tons and tons of new people and have awesome new experiences all the time or what but... APB just doesnt feel like APB anymore.

i expected yet another quitting thread tbh

Kinda' hard for things to stay interesting when there's not really anything new ever.

I literally made myself an enforcer character about 3 days ago JUST to use LTL weapons/nades and nothing other than LTL.

I too was burned out from APB and have not felt the same playing it since about 2013 honestly. However, trying out some LTL fun in groups, everyone using LTL weapons - nothing lethal allowed, have to say i had a blast. That was until we, or at least I, hit a progression wall - I am at a point where all of my financial contacts are completed and I must now progress my Waterfront contacts to unlock more, however Waterfront is permanently dead in terms of population, unless i CHOOSE to dethreat below Gold in order to join the populated Bronze districts.

So now i am stuck. Nothing to do at this point, again.

2 minutes ago, ShadowXS said:

~snip~

In Jericho at the moment it's actually the other way around, and there's usually only people in WF. IDK why that is though.

Basically what Kewlin said.

It also doesn't help that the community is utterly toxic to eachother and mostly plays overpowered gear and boring strats.

• Like 3

Dats how cancer and toxic ppl. were born in APB. hey.. i seen this video lets do LTL and tbag everyone.

Edited by MartisLTU

6 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

I dont know if Im the only one thats going through this weird spell but... Ive lost all drive for APB Reloaded...  Its just not as fun as it used to be.

I dont know if it was the constant want for new and better things and wanting to be able to one day create a nice car or just being able to meet tons and tons of new people and have awesome new experiences all the time or what but... APB just doesnt feel like APB anymore.

we all start to feel the same way after a certain amount of time, here's what i do

1. try other TPS FPS MMO's etc

2. binge play the shit out of them all the while trying to keep myself as far away as possible from APB

3. start to realize there's very few games like APB if even, remember all the fun and in-fighting i had here and that i should be grateful it still exists

4. come crawling back to APB, rinse and repeat

Edited by K3ith
  • Like 1

i can't find one video about a guy with funny voice, like an agent voice doing some comedy...

That was my favourite apb vid.

Edited by Excalibur!

43 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

i can't find one video about a guy with funny voice, like an agent voice doing some comedy...

That was my favourite apb vid.

I gotchu fam...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

Me2. That was before Citadel became 3rd world country "sewers".

Xenophobia is fun.

• Like 1

654 pop today, 50% of g1 pop. Joined FC and the speedhack guy was the only news in the /d chat.

If they stay stuborn in alowing cheaters to roam free there is no game, checking in next year. hopefully for more than a driveby to pass yet another year.

p.s. check out the old apb movies yalde made, 

Edited by Techdev

9 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

Dats how cancer and toxic ppl. were born in APB. hey.. i seen this video lets do LTL and tbag everyone.

Yeah, having fun is how cancer and toxic people were born in APB. Totally. Not the tryhards who play the ultimate meta with whatever monthly OP joker box item old-G1 released, along with the mentality of needing to win every game and if you don't win then everyone on your team is shit except you. And don't forget to let them know what you think about them in District chat, regardless of their rank of threat.

YOU are the type of person who is, ironically, the actual cancer and toxic people that are left within the APB community; people play however they want to play, with whatever weapons they want, for fun - or whatever reasoning they want to have, and you're the person who is there to flame them and cry about how they are using X weapon to win, or how they shouldn't be using X weapon if they're on your team because they're making you lose, the same type of person to cry about people who use a tactic you don't approve of in-game, the same type of person to cry about the type of nades someone is using, the same type of person to complain about the enemy when they call backup, the same type of person to complain about your team mates being shit even when you're at the bottom of the scoreboard.

Grow up you absolute man-child. You are talking about using LTL like it's an exploit. It's a feature of the game, implemented by the OG devs.

YOU are the problem if you think trying to have fun with features that are PART OF THE GAME are toxic and cancerous. Have you thought that maybe it's you who is the toxic and cancerous, self-entitled pretentious muppet who thinks everyone should have to play exactly as you tell them?

Like, who the fuck are you mate?

3 minutes ago, ShadowXS said:

Yeah, having fun is how cancer and toxic people were born in APB. Totally. Not the tryhards who play the ultimate meta with whatever monthly OP joker box item old-G1 released, along with the mentality of needing to win every game and if you don't win then everyone on your team is shit except you. And don't forget to let them know what you think about them in District chat, regardless of their rank of threat.

YOU are the type of person who is, ironically, the actual cancer and toxic people that are left within the APB community; people play however they want to play, with whatever weapons they want, for fun - or whatever reasoning they want to have, and you're the person who is there to flame them and cry about how they are using X weapon to win, or how they shouldn't be using X weapon if they're on your team because they're making you lose, the same type of person to cry about people who use a tactic you don't approve of in-game, the same type of person to cry about the type of nades someone is using, the same type of person to complain about the enemy when they call backup, the same type of person to complain about your team mates being shit even when you're at the bottom of the scoreboard.

Grow up you absolute man-child. You are talking about using LTL like it's an exploit. It's a feature of the game, implemented by the OG devs.

YOU are the problem if you think trying to have fun with features that are PART OF THE GAME are toxic and cancerous. Have you thought that maybe it's you who is the toxic and cancerous, self-entitled pretentious muppet who thinks everyone should have to play exactly as you tell them?

Like, who the fuck are you mate?

bro chill he’s already dead

Also, this is one of my personal favourites from the old APB days. This was pre-Osmaw-timer implementation. Different days but still fun days.

• Like 1

What I noticed from the first video shown by the OP was the fact that they were all in voice chat. I really miss that aspect of any game, now more than ever.

In games I played in the past whether it was a faction/guild/clan/fleet etc. Whenever we had voice chat it just made the game more fun for me.

You joked about everything and talk about just anything that was funny or ironic. Yeah it was a good tool tactically in that you didn't have to type everything but I think it also made the camaraderie more organic. Maybe it was the people I played with (and do I miss I bunch of them!) that made the game all the better.

I'm not saying that the APB today doesn't have those type of people, they just don't seem to be around as much as before or I keep missing them.

1 hour ago, Akahi said:

*snip*

I 100% agree with you. It's just the type of people that this game has bred the last few years, it's just not the same. The game back then, in the 2011-2013 days, the golden years of APB as i like to call them, was all about having fun, meeting up with friends in Teamspeak 3 or Mumble and having a blast together in these family-esque clans. I remember coming home from school and jumping on Teamspeak 3 to play with my online friends - with whom i had more fun spending time with than my real-life friends. 

These days, the people that are left, or what has been bred by old-G1 into this community, are toxic win-maxers who only care about their win/loss ratio, playing the top meta, and can't stand the concept of fun nor anyone trying to have fun. I mean I remember the days when we would have full-district car meetups with everyone on Teamspeak, driving around, doing stunts, bantering together.. I mean just check out this video, really takes me back;

Or maybe we have just all gotten old. It reminds me of the WoW Classic/Vanilla argument/chasers who want the "old WoW back" because they want to relive what they think was a wonderful gaming experience because of the game, when the reality is they had such a wonderful gaming experience playing the old Classic WoW because it was something NEW to them, their first time playing an MMO, and they shared those experiences with friends who were equally as enthusiastic, fun to be around, and new to those environments. They shared the same goal; to enjoy the experience. 

I feel like every 2nd multiplayer game that comes out now is a Battle Royale made with the intention of making money with the least amount of originality being put into the game, and personally i think those games and that entire concept for a game is boring as hell, absolute trash in my opinion. It feels stale, repetitive, every round is the same, every knock-off clone is the same, there is nothing new and everyone is just trying to one-up everyone.

This game will never feel the same because we are not the same. We have outgrown it. Doesn't matter how good the new content gets, it will never feel the same, and the people will never be the same. It's like comparing your first girlfriend to your 5th, the excitement, the nervousness, the anticipation, the always wanting to be with them phase, the never being able to stop thinking about them phase, etc etc, it's never the same. You just become jaded as you grow up. Reddit psychologist btw.

I do still hold out some hope that as I keep playing I will meet a group that just wants to have fun with the game. Some light at the end of the tunnel for me is that hopefully a good friend of mine will be returning 2-3 weeks from now so that's going to be something to look forward to as we did alot of projects in the old forums from making a comic book for the holidays to enhanced screenshots.

I hope I do not give off the impression that I believe every player in this game is a jerk. I have had some good experiences as well. Two that come to mind was very recent where in one instance I was driving along some road in Waterfront and a Enforcer was lining up cars across to block the road. I thought "that looks interesting" and just started to help the guy with his project. We must have got three rows of cars lined up but it was fun and just something to do. 

Another was an impromptu race that just started when I was being chased by some other players. There we were, Crims and Enforcers driving after each other and just killing time by having a good time.

I play a criminal character but I have had good conversations with the opposition. I will often compliment in either in district chat or PM if they made a real good kill or surprised me with an ambush that worked really well. I have helped many a new player around whether Crim or Enf to just get the basics down and give some advice on strategy because I know what being a noob feels like. I for the record die alot more than I kill but that's the learning experience. Too many I see take winning at all costs the focal point of playing this game and for me that's a real fast way to burn out in here.

If your only goal in this game is too act like an elitist, trash your teammates and your opponents and just make every mission a by all end all of your existence then you really are missing out on anything of value you could have had in this game.

52 minutes ago, ChellyBean said:

Hei Gaming is pretty good for gameplay! 😄

I owe alot of tactical insight to Hei !  🙂

• Like 1