Sign in to follow this  
YeOldLegends

Nade Launcher Event

So honestly I remember back when we had that nade launcher event the person would have a nade launcher that had a mag of 10 nades more hp and faster movement speed I wanted to know when that's coming back because that was the most fun mode ever. It's like the best thing in APB and I remember spending hours playing that mode I wanted to see if that was going to come back or not. Was that some specific holiday even because I don't ever remember it being associated with a holiday.

iirc it was called the butcher, it was one of 2(?) open world activities that g1 added

they were ultimately removed because they took people away from doing missions, perhaps with the addition of phasing they can make a comeback 

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

iirc it was called the butcher, it was one of 2(?) open world activities that g1 added

they were ultimately removed because they took people away from doing missions, perhaps with the addition of phasing they can make a comeback 

yea, with mission phasing we can have back these kind of open world activities... I wish there was more to do in APB than missions / fightclub... checkpoint racing / or dedicated racing district, collectables, occasionally spawning events (like butcher and drugmule for example, but also new ones) and all that jazz... APB is kinda empty, and really needs these openworld activities... in the end, it should be more like an MMORPG than "just a shooter".
I'd even go as far and say it would need player-housing and / or something like in warframe with the clan dojos (clan cribs to hang out in and do some activities / trade. would be the ultimate immersion.
that would kinda require a whole new APB(2) built from ground up, I guess... or lots and lots of rebuilding for the current game... but hey, that'll never happen because the majority of this community doesn't like change whatsoever...

1 hour ago, YeOldLegends said:

So honestly I remember back when we had that nade launcher event the person would have a nade launcher that had a mag of 10 nades more hp and faster movement speed I wanted to know when that's coming back because that was the most fun mode ever. It's like the best thing in APB and I remember spending hours playing that mode I wanted to see if that was going to come back or not. Was that some specific holiday even because I don't ever remember it being associated with a holiday.

More information I WAS THERE.

The event your talking about was first introduced in an Easter event

April 2014.

Source - When Dynamic events (butcher) was introduced  

In a event introducing drug mule and The butcher, The event was called Hot Cross Gun (grenade launcher model using Easter egg skin)

Later using in every day Dynamic events that ran in mission districts you could take part in.

And they were finally removed (due to fps issues for people not even taking part in them)

on the 21st of April 2015 sad day for me. At one point i played more Butcher events then missions.

Source - When dynamic events got removed 

Sorry had to drop this Let's not forget how much G1 gave us.

blog_img_1.jpg

Edited by Zolerox

Couple video's to remember what once was (or see what it was like if you missed it)

My time during "the butcher"

(HAN server)

my personal best was 113

D8deg0p.png

those events were fun even when on the receiving end.

hope Little Orbit can bring them back even if only for a short time

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this