Ketog

Clarification on nudity 2

2 minutes ago, ChellyBean said:

Honestly, it's pretty funny to see the same people who play APB so much basically hope for it to fail

i mean who else would you expect to see hoping it fails?

the people who don’t care also don’t play anymore lol

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

i mean who else would you expect to see hoping it fails?

the people who don’t care also don’t play anymore lol

Fair point, but one might think that the people who have played the game religiously for so long would want the game to... not fail. One might also think that constantly discouraging the company and being a part of the problem isn't a very good idea.

Oh well. I'm just here to watch, mostly 

31 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Do I have to carve obscenities into the horse's teeth? 

Not too much or I’ll have to call in the marines.

Hi all,

As much as Selali came out and took responsibility for this, we are also seeing the ‘cost’ of a changed policy. 

Coming from kids games, my initial reaction in the Q&A was that I didn’t want to see nudity in the game. On a personal level, I’m not bothered by nudity in the slightest. But I still believe that it doesn’t add value here. Players aren’t given agency on seeing nudity or the questionable symbols other players sometimes use. Consent is the key - not the actual content.

However, after that stream it became clear that policing nipples was not a good use of our time.  It is after all an 18+ M rated game. There is a warning label on the game that should properly set expectations, so we went back to G1’s long standing rules.

Those types of changes (which I believe was the right thing to do) still have a cost. Now I try to go back and edit posts so that later visitors get the full context and ‘final word’. It’s my attempt to prevent confusion and this exact situation in the future. 

Honestly, we (not the GM in question) deserve a little chiding on this. 

My advice to the community is to keep watching and see if we keep making the same mistakes... you’re seeing how the sausage is made in realtime. Lots of growth and learning happening across the entire team. That’s inexperience.

If we keep making the same mistakes, then we’re incompetent.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

14 minutes ago, MattScott said:

... you’re seeing how the sausage is made in realtime.

P-phrasing...

*glances at thread title*

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ChellyBean said:

P-phrasing...

*glances at thread title*

*cough* I stand by what I said.

• Like 1

This is why I became the monster known as me.

Very sad. All I can say. Sad and dissapointed that you see this as an 18+ title.

Scratch one for the criminals...... And the just-as-bad mercenaries we call enforcers.. Makes killing them a little more satisfying tough

Edited by koenyboy500

4 minutes ago, koenyboy500 said:

This is why I became the monster known as me.

Very sad. All I can say. Sad and dissapointed that you see this as an 18+ title.

Scratch one for the criminals...... And the just-as-bad mercenaries we call enforcers.. Makes killing them a little more satisfying tough

???

Heroes exist...

hmm. my reply quote went dark...

I was quoting firstpost / maker / creater / whateverfloatsyourboatFirstGuy

Edited by koenyboy500

Although I agree with Matt that it adds no values, I wanted to know that feminine features (um forum censors this and not swearing?), nipples and butts are allowed right? Im assuming so because that has been the case forever now. Just no holes.

Edited by killerskull

19 hours ago, dett2 said:

Time to make hentai topless symbols , and earn APB$.

this.

Exactly how I would quote humanity itself.

well done

I'll be silent now btw. Don't worry. "Do what you will". Anyone knows how to mute people personaly tough?

Edited by koenyboy500

7 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

A deliberate decision - that I still stand by.

He censored his nipples to stand by me in my time of need. As a form of protest to the censorship brought upon me.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

17 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

He censored his nipples to stand by me in my time of need. As a form of protest to the censorship brought upon me.

Don’t forget the belly button.

....never forget.

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

As much as Selali came out and took responsibility for this, we are also seeing the ‘cost’ of a changed policy. 

Coming from kids games, my initial reaction in the Q&A was that I didn’t want to see nudity in the game. On a personal level, I’m not bothered by nudity in the slightest. But I still believe that it doesn’t add value here. Players aren’t given agency on seeing nudity or the questionable symbols other players sometimes use. Consent is the key - not the actual content.

However, after that stream it became clear that policing nipples was not a good use of our time.  It is after all an 18+ M rated game. There is a warning label on the game that should properly set expectations, so we went back to G1’s long standing rules.

Those types of changes (which I believe was the right thing to do) still have a cost. Now I try to go back and edit posts so that later visitors get the full context and ‘final word’. It’s my attempt to prevent confusion and this exact situation in the future. 

Honestly, we (not the GM in question) deserve a little chiding on this. 

My advice to the community is to keep watching and see if we keep making the same mistakes... you’re seeing how the sausage is made in realtime. Lots of growth and learning happening across the entire team. That’s inexperience.

If we keep making the same mistakes, then we’re incompetent.

Thanks,

Matt

....so is bare chest for men/females allowed or not? if youre going by G1s rules then bare chest is FINE and should be told to everyone of your team. i would say make this known for any future hires that you have as well so nothing gets messed up again.

35 minutes ago, tengokukishi said:

....so is bare chest for men/females allowed or not? if youre going by G1s rules then bare chest is FINE and should be told to everyone of your team. i would say make this known for any future hires that you have as well so nothing gets messed up again.

Nipples are fine.

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

On a personal level, I’m not bothered by nudity in the slightest, but I still believe that it doesn’t add value here.

Thats exactly the idea, not adding value on clothing.

And you talk a lot about growing, but you are not adding sense to it: the big problem with nudity (on every body part) is the SYMBOL EDITOR and not characters because you get the detailed stuff in there. People will continue doing these kind of symbols even if they are not adding them to the characters (or probably yes, with transparencys) as i already shown you with a censored pic -that i wont share right here because dephormeus will have an excuse to jump on me-.

I requested giving us the ability to remove underwear with healthy reasons with the above argumentations and you gave me a really, really vague answer... and same kind of stuff happens with weapons "balance" and such.

The "grow" feels backwards, honestly.

Test (I'm sorry.)

*EDIT* For some reason it's not letting me post my response to Excalibur. . .

Edited by Kewlin

4 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Test (I'm sorry.)

*EDIT* For some reason it's not letting me post my response to Excalibur. . .

Isn't that a good thing?

6 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Isn't that a good thing?

Don't kink shame me.

2 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

I requested giving us the ability to remove underwear 

7 hours ago, MattScott said:

There is a warning label on the game that should properly set expectations, so we went back to G1’s long standing rules.

"genitalia is where we draw the line" - https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2012/04/genitalia-and-bigotry-drawing-line.html?m=1

It's almost as if you didn't read anything. Almost...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If bad GMs could kill a game. APB would have died long ago. lul

oh as sad as this is , i agree

3 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

Thats exactly the idea, not adding value on clothing.

And you talk a lot about growing, but you are not adding sense to it: the big problem with nudity (on every body part) is the SYMBOL EDITOR and not characters because you get the detailed stuff in there. People will continue doing these kind of symbols even if they are not adding them to the characters (or probably yes, with transparencys) as i already shown you with a censored pic -that i wont share right here because dephormeus will have an excuse to jump on me-.

I requested giving us the ability to remove underwear with healthy reasons with the above argumentations and you gave me a really, really vague answer... and same kind of stuff happens with weapons "balance" and such.

The "grow" feels backwards, honestly.

I have to disagree from APB being slooty enough already and then people would stop designing clothes because huurr duur huur huur bewbies

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

... you’re seeing how the sausage is made in realtime.

Lots of growth

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

is so hard make APB as "Adult Only" rated?

CnntWars is an AO browser game made with less than 40 MB, and without any Steam help is a 100k + players community.

If the problem is the Steam rules, maybe the 100k of CWars should means something.

A game with customation level of APB should be a unique category without competitor in AO game. (100k in java script of CWars, again, please dont forget our decent 3.5 UE, i guess at least 200k for APB in first 6 month) plus a decrease of toxicity spread ,cause real Adult hardly will miss time in scam ,tryhard or cheating. Plus they have an own wallet.

david-michelangelo-e1485272493848.jpg

Greetings from Italy Matt! 😄