Lokislav

Bringing back the old main menu theme - Yay or Nay?

Bringing back the old main menu theme - Yay or Nay?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the old main menu theme make a return?

• Yes
    • No

I really loved the old theme. Somehow, for some unknown reason, it got replaced. Therefore I'd like it to return. What's your take on this? Vote:)

Edited by Lokislav
  • Like 7

Nostalgia is great, but I really want it back for the reduced loading time. Like sure someone put in a lot of effort into those static shots and having your character cut and pasted into one of 4 scenes is nice, but after the 1001th time I just want to skip past it all to get into the game. 

• Like 4

I'm fine with our current one Farf made a while back it fits the game more imo, however i wouldn't mind seeing it make a return and be used in the user creation studios instead or something. 

Edited by K3ith

This has been noted to be a community interest.

I believe Matt said it is being looked into, since there may be issues with rights, etc..

Meanwhile, you may enjoy this creation by a community member:

https://nostalgia.apbvault.net/

• Like 7

Hey, it's Szambi here, hope you enjoyed, AND DON'T FORGET TO SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:

Or if you're really into it, there is also a version of it on Wallpaper Engine

Or if you're really really into it you can even have the right version of the game with it 😎

Also i do remember mattscott saying he is planning on bringing it back .

Edited by Ketog

3 hours ago, Flight said:

This has been noted to be a community interest.

I believe Matt said it is being looked into, since there may be issues with rights, etc..

Meanwhile, you may enjoy this creation by a community member:

https://nostalgia.apbvault.net/

Sounds great! Haven't heard about it.

The website is really cool 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lokislav said:

I really loved the old theme. Somehow, for some unknown reason, it got replaced. Therefore I'd like it to return. What's your take on this? Vote:)

Dats not original login .... i would hate to see 8bit , bexteam or any other clan members as login theme.

This is original login ^ 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

*clears throat*

Another one of these threads?

these threads come back time to time 

Every time one of these threads pops up, I cant help but imagine a bunch of like 14-15 year old gamers, all excited to play their favorite game APB after a long day of Jr High.

I dunno why.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Every time one of these threads pops up, I cant help but imagine a bunch of like 14-15 year old gamers, all excited to play their favorite game APB after a long day of Jr High.

I dunno why.

Because that's what a lot of us were when this screen was in the game 😄 

On the topic though, Matt said he likes it a lot more than the current one and he wants to bring it back, but he had to check on music rights (The instrument tracks were written for the game so it shouldn't be an issue) and had to find all the "moving parts", by which I just assume he means the functionality of the old menu.  He also said that he hates the idea of going through a loading screen to get to a loading screen.  I imagine this is a really low priority thing for them but I can't wait for it to be returned.  I hate getting blasted with a fog horn every time I start the game.

Why it was removed in the first place:  G1 wanted to show off their shiny new Scaleform UI, and it hadn't been implemented anywhere else in the game yet at that point other than the login screen and the options menu.  So they posed some characters like dolls in really stiff unnatural poses, threw em' in a scene, put Farf's music over it and called it good. 

I mean nostalgia is nice and all but honestly the design is just really outdated. I'm all for the old theme but please with a contemporary UI.

Edit: I was referring to the UI design, excluding the background and its animations (which I find really cool).

Edited by thelinux

What the kicker is about Matt saying there's a possibility of bringing this back is him saying they;d have to see about getting the licenses again. Matty boy, it's still in the game! in the character creator, you should still have the licenses for it 😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Archon said:

What the kicker is about Matt saying there's a possibility of bringing this back is him saying they;d have to see about getting the licenses again. Matty boy, it's still in the game! in the character creator, you should still have the licenses for it 😜

Ayy!

6 hours ago, Archon said:

What the kicker is about Matt saying there's a possibility of bringing this back is him saying they;d have to see about getting the licenses again. Matty boy, it's still in the game! in the character creator, you should still have the licenses for it

I love how this always gets casually ignored.

On 10/26/2018 at 10:07 AM, Lokislav said:

Holy shit, I had completely forgotten this, so good; the current theme just sound like a year-round Halloween event

On 10/26/2018 at 4:26 AM, KnifuWaifu said:

Nostalgia is great, but I really want it back for the reduced loading time. Like sure someone put in a lot of effort into those static shots and having your character cut and pasted into one of 4 scenes is nice, but after the 1001th time I just want to skip past it all to get into the game. 

Except you can, just press enter it'll put you in the game before your character is loaded. I've been doing it forever, works great.

1 minute ago, Coolmint said:

Except you can, just press enter it'll put you in the game before your character is loaded. I've been doing it forever, works great.

there’s also extra loading time before the log in screen as well

the whole boot-up sequence is just really clunky and outdated imo

I'd really like the current one to be set as the login screen by default, but have an option to swap out for the old menu. The new one is more impressive graphically, and might appeal to new players more; I'd like to be able to quickly go through all the menus and get in game quicker though.

• Like 1