CookiePuss

Random guy plays and reviews APB

time for the circlejerk where we call out every mistake and stupid thing he said?

8 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

time for the circlejerk where we call out every mistake and stupid thing he said?

Dont forget to ignore any valid points while you are at it. 

Edited by CookiePuss

"Gta, gta, gta, gta, gta, hey guys it's open world so it's like gta, did I mention gta yet?"

I really hope LO is going to get the console ports working better so people can move past 'OMg lOoK aT tEh PooP gRaphiCs'

• Like 2

LFJDCUn.png

They aren't even aware of the fact the game was recently purchased by another company... soo... ?

20 minutes ago, Lucidy said:

LFJDCUn.png

They aren't even aware of the fact the game was recently purchased by another company... soo... ?

From what I can gather, this guy done barely any research(if any at all) before reviewing APB, yes he pointed out valid arguments & flaws but his review felt bias and one sided.

I honestly doubt he knew about the PC version before he reviewed the game.

yea i watch this yesterday..this guy is stupid - play on minimum grafics and wonder why game looks like sht - ignored dont deserves any atention =)

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

Moron says it's just a bad GTA 3 times in the space of 10 seconds. Not gonna bother.

His channel's deader than Han anyway /shrug

1 minute ago, Kiida said:

Moron says it's just a bad GTA 3 times in the space of 10 seconds. Not gonna bother.

His channel's deader than Han anyway /shrug

"bronze gameplay xD"

Nothing enervates me more than seeing how little interest reviewers put in their work.

Edited by GavidaR

3 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

yea i watch this yesterday..this guy is stupid - play on minimum grafics and wonder why game looks like sht - ignored dont deserves any atention 😃

he's on console though so he really has no choice about the graphics no?

49 minutes ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

he's on console though so he really has no choice about the graphics no?

nah hes just on minimum

He's not the only one who immediately thinks "GTA" anytime the mere idea of "cops&robbers" shows up in a videogame, it seems to be an industry-wide thing. Which is strange since at no point can I recall a GTA game letting you play as the police. Or, "police" in this case.

"It's all let down by things that are so simple in other games" - 3:19 in the video

That quote right there is the biggest problem APB as an IP is gonna face going into the future - the current game just doesn't have a number of design conventions players will be used to from other games and newcomers are definitely gonna notice.

I think the problem isn't the review in itself, but more the particular aspects of the game that he is highlighting over everything else.

Most other reviews of APB (mostly the console version) also seem to go in expecting an entirely different game in the vein of GTA Online and/or an MMO. I always thought this game had issues due to selling itself as that in promotional material (especially the "living, breathing city" parts) when in reality this game is an arcade third person shooter in an urban open-world setting with some excellent and unique customization options.

I have to admit that despite that advertising being slightly deceptive and fostering misinformation, it was what originally got me into the game. At the point when APB came out in 2010 I had about 1000 hours clocked in at several different SAMP "cops and robbers" servers (such as CrazyBob's and SACNR) and me and a few other players from those servers were really hyped at the idea of having a standalone game based on the concept. That's why we jumped in as soon as the beta started, and while the game was not exactly what we had anticipated, it was still fun and also my first taste of anything resembling a decent multiplayer shooter. 

If I made a review of GTA Online and focused on the PvP shooting mechanics and player content creation/customization options, I also would reach a similar conclusion to this review. Both games have their niche and target playerbase. APB's is much smaller, but if it wouldn't exist the game would have closed down years ago. And also, the console version as it is now is little more than a cash grab. A game built around PvP shooting and customization is a natural fit for the PC, without even going into how much better the game performs and looks on PC with good hardware. 

Edited by Lyfeld
Added middle paragraph.

57 minutes ago, Nite said:

"It's all let down by things that are so simple in other games" - 3:19 in the video

That quote right there is the biggest problem APB as an IP is gonna face going into the future - the current game just doesn't have a number of design conventions players will be used to from other games and newcomers are definitely gonna notice.

It's the bane of all APB reviews, really. If you haven't spent the time to get to know the game or have followed it from the very beginning, you won't understand why some things work the way they do.

He talks about the bad (pedestrian) AI some two minutes into the video and how they run into him when he wants to run them over. What he doesn't and can not really know is that the pedestrian AI is absolutely barebones. They will always follow the same paths and can not diverge from those. For gameplay related reasons this makes sense. Predictable pedestrian movement helps Criminals to raise their Notoriety and Enforcers to avoid lowering their Prestige.

The same applies to all kinds of mechanics in APB. They make sense in gameplay, but aren't immediately (or even eventually) obvious to "modern gamers".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

It's the bane of all APB reviews, really. If you haven't spent the time to get to know the game or have followed it from the very beginning, you won't understand why some things work the way they do.

He talks about the bad (pedestrian) AI some two minutes into the video and how they run into him when he wants to run them over. What he doesn't and can not really know is that the pedestrian AI is absolutely barebones. They will always follow the same paths and can not diverge from those. For gameplay related reasons this makes sense. Predictable pedestrian movement helps Criminals to raise their Notoriety and Enforcers to avoid lowering their Prestige.

The same applies to all kinds of mechanics in APB. They make sense in gameplay, but aren't immediately (or even eventually) obvious to "modern gamers".

I prefer predictable and idiotic AI over smart AI which would lag servers.

It's PvP for fuck sake.

Edited by Mitne

did guy didn't do much in "research" didn't he?

5 seconds into the game and he said gta 10 times already, fucking normie 

I like how these hard-to-please game title reviewers always nitpick on the game's physics and such as if video games are supposed to resemble real life to the highest degree (aren't we playing them to escape it for a little while?) and expect them to be as close as possible to their favorite more mainstream popular titles such as of course the ever eternal GTA series in this case as per usual. I won't disagree that this port to the console's was a rushed tragedy by G1 but you could've atleast checked the PC version first compare the two and get up-to-date with the current events.

lazy cu nt makes a lazy poorly-researched review, basically.

Here is another random review... this time PC

Remember the rules. Focus on the errors. Assume if the reviewer doesnt understand something it can only be his/her fault. And most importantly, ignore any and all valid points.

13 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Here is another random review... this time PC

Remember the rules. Focus on the errors. Assume if the reviewer doesnt understand something it can only be his/her fault. And most importantly, ignore any and all valid points.

Thats much more objective and civilized.Besides he didnt know that can play music on foot everything else is ok

• Thanks 1