Hollywood7098

Turn The Tides

I understand that many of you wish to keep your old accounts stable enough to enter the new FE server but I wish that you all put pride to the side and allow a server refresh.  The LO team are dealing with so much it's incapable of doing all of the needs. If it comes up just ask for a alpha or beta tester reward on the new server and waste more time without playing a better version of the game you love the most! 

P. s I love you FE 🤩:classic_love:

• Like 2

The issue is while we wait for this mentioned new server/new engine/fresh start, the current game is still be neglected. No events till new server, no marketplace changes till new server, no sub rewards till new server. There will be zero players left by the time the new server is up. And if LO thinks they can magically gain players when the restart happens, good luck. I for one dont see this going anywhere.

• Like 3

-Nothing happening on the old game is not an issue. It is better they focus on fixing and updating for the new, than redecorating the map with a few pumpkins for halloween.

--The marketplace is broken because there are not enough players to support it. What would you expect they do.

-You don't know how they plan to attract new players, so speculation on if it's possible is useless at best.

-You not seeing it going anywhere is not relevant to if it is or not.

The salt and childish demands of all the die hards is despicable. If you actually love this game, waiting and getting wiped for new life and longevity should be exciting.

I came back after years, played a couple weeks and have just been monitoring since. I'd assume that is what most are doing.

• Thanks 2

Bottom line a wipe and restart is a slap in the face to many old players, nothing to do with pride at all. If you think that well you know nothing. Want a perfect example of a failed reboot with a wipe, just look at Defiance 2050. Sorry but I like so many others have no desire to start over from scratch, if you don't understand that then you apparently have nothing anyways.

Just saying "bottom line" in the beginning of your post doesn't make the following text more correct.

Old players that are currently sitting on clan vaults worth of items and materials. With max chips and all the cosmetics they can handle.

Simply by coming back first, they now control what was once owned by a few hundred dedicated players.

This is the problem.

You can not stabilise a game economy if someone like that can just decide to dump 10 or 20 thousand of any material (including what should otherwise be rare) for cheap personal gain, crashing the market when ever. Or vice versa, sucking up all materials placed on the market, driving prices sky high.

That would suck for new players.

Defiance was a badly controlled game, it had issues that drove players away and that were not fixed with the "relaunch."

If LO fixes the problems and markets correctly it will succeed.

You and I don't matter as much as you wish, get over it.

Edited by Skippicaa
Took out details
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Hollywood7098 said:

I understand that many of you wish to keep your old accounts stable enough to enter the new FE server but I wish that you all put pride to the side and allow a server refresh.  The LO team are dealing with so much it's incapable of doing all of the needs. If it comes up just ask for a alpha or beta tester reward on the new server and waste more time without playing a better version of the game you love the most! 

P. s I love you FE 🤩:classic_love:

The most realistic and intelligent words that I see lately, i agree totally

11 hours ago, StubbyClaps said:

The issue is while we wait for this mentioned new server/new engine/fresh start, the current game is still be neglected. No events till new server, no marketplace changes till new server, no sub rewards till new server. There will be zero players left by the time the new server is up. And if LO thinks they can magically gain players when the restart happens, good luck. I for one dont see this going anywhere.

although I remember words like "if there is new beginning I do not play the game" or similar. It is obvious that there are no solutions in the short or medium term with this of the total remodeling of the game and obviously it is a costly option that nobody can assure that it is finally done or that it can bring a populated game. It is obvious that for 30 people there is no possible recovery, it is pathetic and nobody wins anything

7 hours ago, Skippicaa said:

-Nothing happening on the old game is not an issue. It is better they focus on fixing and updating for the new, than redecorating the map with a few pumpkins for halloween.

--The marketplace is broken because there are not enough players to support it. What would you expect they do.

-You don't know how they plan to attract new players, so speculation on if it's possible is useless at best.

The salt and childish demands of all the die hards is despicable. If you actually love this game, waiting and getting wiped for new life and longevity should be exciting.

I came back after years, played a couple weeks and have just been monitoring since. I'd assume that is what most are doing.

to be on the lookout to see what happens, you're not the only one who does it, a lot of people do it m( i am only watching too what happens and i am tired of watch lately). But the bad thing is that people will end up getting tired of seeing what happens and will never come back. I understand that some people do not like the idea of new server / new company / new history and if it can be starting from scratch from the first two maps and update them in a way that the game remains oriented to the original idea better. I already decided in July what to do and I have proposed the best possible idea to save the game, since a new server with better graphics will not improve the history of a game that although from the third map has lost all the essence. Seriously, the game does not motivate me at all and it is not because of whether or not they make a new server, but because of its content, since it is currently bad and if they reseed it with what there is currently, nothing changes.

4 hours ago, Eric Cloud said:

Bottom line a wipe and restart is a slap in the face to many old players, nothing to do with pride at all. If you think that well you know nothing. Want a perfect example of a failed reboot with a wipe, just look at Defiance 2050. Sorry but I like so many others have no desire to start over from scratch, if you don't understand that then you apparently have nothing anyways.

I buy you to do a cleaning and a new beginning with the current again. But if only the first two maps were made, it would change the whole thing. Besides, if it goes wrong and only 30 people play like now, it would be better to play it without lag at least. The defiance game is not an example for this, that game was rubbish when it came out (I played it and it was painful)

Edited by Aroa Croft

7 hours ago, Skippicaa said:

Events cause players to come back and actually play the game. dont see how that is not a priority. Noone uses the MP because tradable premiums were removed

Just now, StubbyClaps said:

Events cause players to come back and actually play the game. dont see how that is not a priority. Noone uses the MP because tradable premiums were removed

"Events cause players to <temporarily> come back..."* Fixed.

The game does not balance on premium trading... you just want premium easily available to you.

Bias is the worst blinder.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StubbyClaps said:

events do not work at all, proof of this you have in steam charts. The game is already totally burned, it needs a new face. The duplicates, the cheats, the lag, the doss, the updates of shit ... all of this together you have at the moment in the game. The cleaning to be total, with mouthwash

https://steamcharts.com/app/113420

10 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

I buy you to do a cleaning and a new beginning with the current again. But if only the first two maps were made, it would change the whole thing. Besides, if it goes wrong and only 30 people play like now, it would be better to play it without lag at least. The defiance game is not an example for this, that game was rubbish when it came out (I played it and it was painful)

Losing everything and starting over with nothing is of no interest to me, I WILL UNINSTALL LIKE MANY OTHERS.

9 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

events do not work at all, proof of this you have in steam charts. The game is already totally burned, it needs a new face. The duplicates, the cheats, the lag, the doss, the updates of shit ... all of this together you have at the moment in the game. The cleaning to be total, with mouthwash

Events do work to bring people back, clearing the game out will be the death of FE. But you are too self absorbed to understand that. Wiping everything just punishes those of us who worked for years to get what we have, so basically you are saying punish every player for what dupers did, just so a few can be happy.

Just watch and see if that happens, it will be the death of FE. Sure it may have hype with 50+ players a few months, but in the end it will be less populated.

Edited by Eric Cloud

20 hours ago, Skippicaa said:

"Events cause players to <temporarily> come back..."* Fixed.

The game does not balance on premium trading... you just want premium easily available to you.

Bias is the worst blinder.

You realize alot of people bought premium for the sub rewards alone? Now you have non tradable premium(cheaper, but no monthly reward) which noone buys. You seem to be here only to argue with everyones opinions. I dont see how someone can argue about premium being better for not having a monthly reward and it not being tradable. This game is dead and is going nowhere. I dont think we will even make it to a relaunch. Holding your breath and waiting for everything to happen in 2 years is a waste of time.

15 hours ago, Eric Cloud said:

Losing everything and starting over with nothing is of no interest to me, I WILL UNINSTALL LIKE MANY OTHERS.

Events do work to bring people back, clearing the game out will be the death of FE. But you are too self absorbed to understand that. Wiping everything just punishes those of us who worked for years to get what we have, so basically you are saying punish every player for what dupers did, just so a few can be happy.

Just watch and see if that happens, it will be the death of FE. Sure it may have hype with 50+ players a few months, but in the end it will be less populated.

what is dead can not die....... didnt you know? I mean that the population is non-existent (cheking in game or simply watching steam charts that is the same and check it several times)

I care rather that you uninstall or not, I in my case like many others we have stopped playing that is the same.

What I say and I repeat, that with two maps and the current scarce population, the game would be more fun and lag free, and probably attract people to play it and stay in it (I mean the new players that enter). Because of the veterans who have spent a lot of time (I include myself here) I have to say that Matscott keeps the purchases made in the marketplace and maybe matt can give a specific and unique item to those veterans who have played all these years, as a sample of gratitude. You really have to give way to the past and build a new beginning given the bad circumstances that currently exist and is a reality

Edited by Aroa Croft

4 hours ago, StubbyClaps said:

You realize alot of people bought premium for the sub rewards alone? Now you have non tradable premium(cheaper, but no monthly reward) which noone buys. You seem to be here only to argue with everyones opinions. I dont see how someone can argue about premium being better for not having a monthly reward and it not being tradable. This game is dead and is going nowhere. I dont think we will even make it to a relaunch. Holding your breath and waiting for everything to happen in 2 years is a waste of time.

"You seem to only be here to argue against everyones opinions."

This mentality is what I have a problem with.

You and a few others are not everyone...

BUT THAT ASIDE, more importantly:

Subs. Do. Not. Matter.

You. Do. Not. Matter.

I can not be any clearer than that.

The company already has funds to develop the changes they want. They are not relying on you or other subs from the old game.

Stop being so entitled and enjoy the fact that this game isn't already gone with G1.

That's my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really understand being frustrated.  Im not sure how some of you held in there.  I left do to the lack of dev, cheatimg, and.most of my friends had left.

Im for sure sitting at the sidelines.  My impression is that they stepped in, looked at the code and felt it was unworkable, outdated and that they can and need to update the engine and server.  If a wipe is needed its ok for me.  I have 8 toons but id be ok linlong up with a couple of friends and trying out a new release

• Thanks 3

On 10/27/2018 at 1:14 AM, Skippicaa said:

This line "The salt and childish demands of all the die hards is despicable. If you actually love this game, waiting and getting wiped for new life and longevity should be exciting." has to be the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Most of us  'die hards' have spent hrs accumulating all that our vaults and mounts contain. Do we want to start on a new server and have to start from scratch? NO NO NO.....

Fyi this isn't childish of us, this doesn't make us salty. It just means we don't want to spend thousands of hours to gain all we had before. It didn't take us a few days, it didn't take us a few weeks. it didn't even take us a few months to acquire all we have. It took years, so you'll have to forgive us for NOT wanting to start again regardless of how PRETTY FE may look on new server.

If what has happened to Defiance is any indication of FEs future this is what you will see on new server. An increase of player base in the beginning as people check it out, then when people realise its the same game, same missions, same everything with just minor alterations they will get bored again, slowly leave until FE resembles the ghost town it now is. Oh wait we already saw this when LO took over. Guess history will just repeat.

12 hours ago, Skippicaa said:

"You seem to only be here to argue against everyones opinions."

This mentality is what I have a problem with.

You and a few others are not everyone...

BUT THAT ASIDE, more importantly:

Subs. Do. Not. Matter.

You. Do. Not. Matter.

I can not be any clearer than that.

The company already has funds to develop the changes they want. They are not relying on you or other subs from the old game.

Stop being so entitled and enjoy the fact that this game isn't already gone with G1.

That's my opinion.

and did you pay for a sub that stated it had rewards only not to recieve it?

Guess your opinion doesn't matter either.

Skippicaa. Do. Not. Matter.

15 hours ago, Dracio said:

This line "The salt and childish demands of all the die hards is despicable. If you actually love this game, waiting and getting wiped for new life and longevity should be exciting." has to be the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Most of us  'die hards' have spent hrs accumulating all that our vaults and mounts contain. Do we want to start on a new server and have to start from scratch? NO NO NO.....

Fyi this isn't childish of us, this doesn't make us salty. It just means we don't want to spend thousands of hours to gain all we had before. It didn't take us a few days, it didn't take us a few weeks. it didn't even take us a few months to acquire all we have. It took years, so you'll have to forgive us for NOT wanting to start again regardless of how PRETTY FE may look on new server.

If what has happened to Defiance is any indication of FEs future this is what you will see on new server. An increase of player base in the beginning as people check it out, then when people realise its the same game, same missions, same everything with just minor alterations they will get bored again, slowly leave until FE resembles the ghost town it now is. Oh wait we already saw this when LO took over. Guess history will just repeat.

and did you pay for a sub that stated it had rewards only not to recieve it?

Guess your opinion doesn't matter either.

Skippicaa. Do. Not. Matter.

No, Skippicaa do not matter. Glad something got through that armor plated skull.

"NO NO NO..." <-- Not childish.

I understand your sunk cost feelings are off the charts.

So much so that you would rather be right and see the game you spent so long on crash and burn than lose your greedy dragon hoard.

If you know so much about what makes or breaks a game release, share your knowledge with the devs or in a well structured forum topic and help out.

But no, instead you'll just barf up another salty comment about not days, weeks, months but the years you wasted.

My word! Years! I do declare that is an awful predicament. Enough to make one simply faint! Faint I say!

Edited by Skippicaa
  • Thanks 1

Lets just wait and see what will happen. I'm sure they'll figure something out. Lets not forget they ACTUALLY want to work on FE, which g1 didn't for a long time. 

I've played many years and I guess like many others I'm waiting for the first changes to play again. If I have to start over in a new, but hopefully better, server.. So be it. I love FE and I think we should give FE2 a shot. Not sure what is better.. No items but (assuming it will be more active) people to play with. Or vaults, clan vaults and mounts full with items and a dead game. 

Edited by PraiseTheSun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, PraiseTheSun said:

Lets just wait and see what will happen. I'm sure they'll figure something out. Lets not forget they ACTUALLY want to work on FE, which g1 didn't for a long time. 

I've played many years and I guess like many others I'm waiting for the first changes to play again. If I have to start over in a new, but hopefully better, server.. So be it. I love FE and I think we should give FE2 a shot. Not sure what is better.. No items but (assuming it will be more active) people to play with. Or vaults, clan vaults and mounts full with items and a dead game. 

The game was in trouble for years (I think I said it in 2014) and you know the saying "what bad starts badly ends". The negligence of g1 with the bans, the lag of the game, the total lack of love in the updates (and the last update to the recycled style was the last straw), the cheaters and the not having any kind of protection against them (really is an idiot think that the anticheat are not worth anything, as if it was how g1 acted) ..... these for me have been very serious failures and for the last g1 never communicated with the community and their opinions.

Litle orbit is programming the code from scratch, but the time it can take this is very long. I honestly do not know if it's worth it, given the great work it takes and on the contrary use that great work for a future fallen earth 2.

although I say this because I know it is possible to regain confidence and make possible a revival of the current falled earth, although amputate the game, choosing only the first two maps and starting from scratch is the best option, and if the game takes root again and gains population, then let it flourish, offering new maps and improved from those two. Really the graphics are not bad, although it is the previously described (lag, dupes, cheaters, lack of love in the updates ...) and consequently all that gives the lack of population. I believe that llitle orbit can improve all this quickly, they have said that they will put anticheat, although they only put two maps there will be no lag, with the restart there will be no dupes and although it is not possible for them ( dupes) to return as there is no lag for create they, and After a new beginning, a large population will be generated that although it will pay and buy many things that will make it more possible for the company to be interested in updating the game (litle orbit seems a company that loves games for what I see), my opinion

Edited by Aroa Croft
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 12:21 PM, Aroa Croft said:

The game was in trouble for years (I think I said it in 2014) and you know the saying "what bad starts badly ends". The negligence of g1 with the bans, the lag of the game, the total lack of love in the updates (and the last update to the recycled style was the last straw), the cheaters and the not having any kind of protection against them (really is an idiot think that the anticheat are not worth anything, as if it was how g1 acted) ..... these for me have been very serious failures and for the last g1 never communicated with the community and their opinions.

Litle orbit is programming the code from scratch, but the time it can take this is very long. I honestly do not know if it's worth it, given the great work it takes and on the contrary use that great work for a future fallen earth 2.

although I say this because I know it is possible to regain confidence and make possible a revival of the current falled earth, although amputate the game, choosing only the first two maps and starting from scratch is the best option, and if the game takes root again and gains population, then let it flourish, offering new maps and improved from those two. Really the graphics are not bad, although it is the previously described (lag, dupes, cheaters, lack of love in the updates ...) and consequently all that gives the lack of population. I believe that llitle orbit can improve all this quickly, they have said that they will put anticheat, although they only put two maps there will be no lag, with the restart there will be no dupes and although it is not possible for them ( dupes) to return as there is no lag for create they, and After a new beginning, a large population will be generated that although it will pay and buy many things that will make it more possible for the company to be interested in updating the game (litle orbit seems a company that loves games for what I see), my opinion

So start over from scratch with nothing to less of a game?     LMAO

On 10/29/2018 at 2:11 PM, Skippicaa said:

No, Skippicaa do not matter. Glad something got through that armor plated skull.

"NO NO NO..." <-- Not childish.

I understand your sunk cost feelings are off the charts.

So much so that you would rather be right and see the game you spent so long on crash and burn than lose your greedy dragon hoard.

If you know so much about what makes or breaks a game release, share your knowledge with the devs or in a well structured forum topic and help out.

But no, instead you'll just barf up another salty comment about not days, weeks, months but the years you wasted.

My word! Years! I do declare that is an awful predicament. Enough to make one simply faint! Faint I say!

People are allowed to NOT want to start over. That doesn't make them childish or any other name you want to throw at them. It is just a fact. Some people do not wish to start over and accumulate everything again. It really should be easy, even for the feeble minded to grasp. It is a choice, nothing more.

Do I want LO to fail in a relaunch of FE? Hell no. I'd like them to succeed but realistically I cannot see FE ever appealing to a large audience or being profitable for any company to keep running. This isn't a salty statement but a mature and realistic thought. Something many on this forum seem unable to understand.

As for offering LO advice, making the point of Defiance's down fall should point them in a direction of what NOT to do. It is way better than the insults you would rather throw at people 🙂

Edited by Dracio

2 hours ago, Eric Cloud said:

So start over from scratch with nothing to less of a game?     LMAO

evidence:

I think you've hit a wall called "reality" when you write me that.

I only give "real" and "possible" solutions that would greatly improve the state of the game, although you like lag, cheaters, dupes or a game more of the same, then there you go.

On 10/31/2018 at 2:39 AM, Dracio said:

People are allowed to NOT want to start over. That doesn't make them childish or any other name you want to throw at them. It is just a fact. Some people do not wish to start over and accumulate everything again. It really should be easy, even for the feeble minded to grasp. It is a choice, nothing more.

Do I want LO to fail in a relaunch of FE? Hell no. I'd like them to succeed but realistically I cannot see FE ever appealing to a large audience or being profitable for any company to keep running. This isn't a salty statement but a mature and realistic thought. Something many on this forum seem unable to understand.

As for offering LO advice, making the point of Defiance's down fall should point them in a direction of what NOT to do. It is way better than the insults you would rather throw at people 🙂

I wonder how long it'll take before you develop an understanding.

Let me set you on the right path.

1) You are not everyone. Hopefully this isn't hard to understand.

2) Not everyone that posts is being oh so gracious and mature as your regal self.

3) The very act of complaining about losing everything is a futile and infantile response. It doesn't matter how you gussy it up.

I threw no insults until you chimed in trying to look smart by mimicking something I said as an insult back to me without understanding it, or at least using it in such a way that made it look as though you didn't.

Please, continue digging, your high horse is still visible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Skippicaa said:

I wonder how long it'll take before you develop an understanding.

Let me set you on the right path.

1) You are not everyone. Hopefully this isn't hard to understand.

2) Not everyone that posts is being oh so gracious and mature as your regal self.

3) The very act of complaining about losing everything is a futile and infantile response. It doesn't matter how you gussy it up.

I threw no insults until you chimed in trying to look smart by mimicking something I said as an insult back to me without understanding it, or at least using it in such a way that made it look as though you didn't.

Please, continue digging, your high horse is still visible.

YOU are not everyone either, and i swear this is an alt account of Aroa.  Regardless of what you think the majority of people i see don't want to play the same game from scratch, just for some eye candy and less sectors like Aroa keeps stating. Yes you can have your opinion but stop acting like anyone who does not agree is childish. Honestly you are being childish when you do that.

On 10/31/2018 at 5:34 AM, Aroa Croft said:

evidence:

I think you've hit a wall called "reality" when you write me that.

I only give "real" and "possible" solutions that would greatly improve the state of the game, although you like lag, cheaters, dupes or a game more of the same, then there you go.

No i don't like lag, cheaters or dupes. Stop being a self centered short sighted child about someone not agreeing with you that the game needs a wipe. It is possible they may be able to transfer stuff, YOU don't know for sure and YOU are just getting childish and immature because people do not agree with the way you think. GET OVER YOURSELF. All we are saying if it is done how you propose, we do not feel the game is going to take off and get a huge amount of players. I for one will not waste my time for eye candy and less sectors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1