TrashCan

Is Mission script allowed???????????

I see a lot of stream which know exactly what happens next in the mission and which showed exactly the last stage and i can not believe that's allowed.

If it is allowed where in the ingame options can i change that? 

why is not that presented???

I mean fair play would do the game well!

• Like 2

it's not a script, it's just changed textfiles.

manually (more or less)/(but definitely) inofficially. there is no option for this.

any modification to the clients files (outside of certain configs e.g. by advanced launcher) can lead to bans.

there wasn't an explicit exception made for these textfiles so battleye might get triggered.

there hasn't been an explicit warning about not being allowed to do this specifically either. i don't see how it is so bad, considering you can just look it up in apbdb(v2) too - there are more gamebreaking things.

but ye, it is most definitely not >allowed<.

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 2

It's something that should be in the game by default and is more or less a bandaid to quickly be able to check and abandon a mission if it's one of the bad end stages such as VIP, Bomb or our all-time favorite the Bank truck hold.

In either case, most of the long time players know the end stages to each mission by heart anyway so it's technically just a quick way of learning them, and even without configs people can just use things such as the Steam overlay and sit on apbvault searching for the mission and end-stage while they're respawning.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Frosi said:

It's something that should be in the game by default and is more or less a bandaid to quickly be able to check and abandon a mission if it's one of the bad end stages such as VIP, Bomb or our all-time favorite the Bank truck hold.

In either case, most of the long time players know the end stages to each mission by heart anyway so it's technically just a quick way of learning them, and even without configs people can just use things such as the Steam overlay and sit on apbvault searching for the mission and end-stage while they're respawning.

u can find the descriptions of all missions online and simply open them on second monitor... not bannable!

solved!

u'r welcome 

1 minute ago, HighSociety said:

u can find the descriptions of all missions online and simply open them on second monitor... not bannable!

solved!

u'r welcome 

Pretty much what I said, no?

3 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Pretty much what I said, no?

oh yea didn't read ur post completly sorry mate 

One of those "is this bannable" if it was going to be hard to tell the difference between an experienced player and someone who edit text files to avoid "VIP"

28 minutes ago, Frosi said:

is more or less a bandaid to quickly be able to check and abandon a mission if it's one of the bad end stages such as VIP, Bomb or our all-time favorite the Bank truck hold.

That leads to another issue: People that abandon missions, based on the stages in them.

I believe that there should be a penalty for people doing that repeatedly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

That leads to another issue: People that abandon missions, based on the stages in them.

Why? They're unopped missions. No one loses anything by people /ab'ing them. Not everyone enjoys VIP missions, Fast & Incarcerated, Bang for Your Buck and a plethora of garbage hack sat. misisons with 270 degree of view. 

Some do like them. What about them? If everybody is doing the same, we end up with less mission variation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They're not "officially" allowed, no. But that little modification of the text files, should be a thing that's originally in the game in the future. There's no point in not having it if there technically is a way for everyone to check what stages a mission has. Just put it in the game and make everyone's life easier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saxtus said:

I can see where you're coming from but player behavior such as this should probably be looked into by LO at some point. A lot of missions and last stages need to be rebalanced or even revamped. The way I look at it is like not wanting to play a select few maps in CS:GO, you just toggle them off but instead of toggling them off you just abandon them.

13 minutes ago, Flaws said:

They're not "officially" allowed, no. But that little modification of the text files, should be a thing that's originally in the game in the future. There's no point in not having it if there technically is a way for everyone to check what stages a mission has. Just put it in the game and make everyone's life easier.

^this^

• Like 1

Imagine caring that much about needing to win. I'm personally just happy even getting opposition with the few amount of players that are left in this game.

Simple fix though; make the system randomise stages. It won't matter how many stages there are, just make every stage a random defense/attack, and ensure the last stage is ALWAYS randomised and never consistent, thus never knowing what is coming. That was the entire point of this current system anyway, but this game has just been out for so long that even without reading a log file to know what the last stage of a every mission is, just by checking the amount of stages most people know what the last stage is.

Edited by ShadowXS
  • Like 2

If you don't know the missions by name after this many years I feel sorry for your memory.

15 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

If you don't know the missions by name after this many years I feel sorry for your memory.

Why so many people using it then on Twitch have they all memory problems? ( and you probably use it too )

I do not think they all have memory problems people use it to have are advantage and avoid some mission!!! 

Please! Little Orbit just fix  /abandonmission and I'll tell you how you could do that

If you cancel a mission you should load the same mission again. Then you can not run away from are Mission you don't like.

Edited by TrashCan
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, TrashCan said:

Why so many people using it then on Twitch have they all memory problems? ( and you probably use it too )

I do not think they all have memory problems people use it to have are advantage and avoid some mission!!! 

Please! Little Orbit just fix  /abandonmission and I'll tell you how you could do that

If you cancel a mission you should load the same mission again. Then you can not run away from are Mission you don't like.

purge this non-believer.

1 hour ago, TrashCan said:

wtf

20 hours ago, ShadowXS said:

Simple fix though; make the system randomise stages. It won't matter how many stages there are, just make every stage a random defense/attack, and ensure the last stage is ALWAYS randomised and never consistent, thus never knowing what is coming. That was the entire point of this current system anyway, but this game has just been out for so long that even without reading a log file to know what the last stage of a every mission is, just by checking the amount of stages most people know what the last stage is.

The game was never built with randomised missions in mind, I believe. Each one tells a little story, after all. That's why the objectives are always the same, but the locations can change.

I guess it would be more fun if you didn't know exactly what's coming next, but this would require a thorough balance pass for all objectives and especially mission finales.

21 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

6000 Hours in this game and I still don't know all the mission names. I just don't pay attention enough. There are a handful of missions that I "know." Plenty of times though I've read mission names and it seems like the first time I read them. 

21 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I dont think I can name more than one or two missions, and maybe 3 contacts... 5,000+ hours btw.

Edited by CookiePuss

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

I dont think I can name more than one or two missions, and maybe 3 contacts... 5,000+ hours btw.

Maybe that is the key to you finally becoming gold?

6 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Not worth.

22 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Are you kidding???

Do you really think that's make the difference between gold and silver players?

Please stop talking bulls h i t!!! 

Edited by TrashCan

Just now, TrashCan said:

Are you kidding???

Do you really think that's make the difference between gold and silver players?

Please stop talking bullshoot!!! 

Yikes. Woosh.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit