Sign in to follow this  
Thial

@LittleOrbit Are we allowed to use the Mouse Fix ?

Hello. As you might have heard probably the majority of the community or at least the competitive part of it us using something known as the Mouse Fix. For whatever reason by default APB introduces mouse acceleration in the input config file. Not only it makes the mouse feel very weird and not raw and additionally poor performance can have a bad impact on the mouse input. The Mouse fix simply changes a file called BaseInput.ini which is located in the APB Directory / Engine / Config. The fix changes all the lines in that file which are responsible for mouse input and changes all the acceleration values to 0 ensuring a raw input. Here's my question: Without mouse fix the game would feel incredibly clunky to people who played with mouse fix for years. Will we be able to keep using mousefix once Battleye comes or maybe Little Orbit could modify the BaseInput.ini and include the mouse fix by default with the next patch ? That way it would become official. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Thial

it was mentioned here:

allowed for now but battleye might flag it in the future.

Edited by iTzHaze
  • Like 2

My cat is requesting for the file to check the diferences

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N0ONE said:

My cat is requesting for the file to check the diferences

tell your cat to look at the lines in "red"

those are the changes.

7 minutes ago, iTzHaze said:

it was mentioned here:

allowed for now but battleye might flag it in the future.

Oh didn't see that one, sorry for double posting.

Use ini edits in every other game with battleye, no problems ever... I mean its an ini edit. Basically minor settings nothing more.

Yeah in case you haven't noticed the mouse fix has stopped working like 4 years ago.
Placebo ahoi 

They fixed the mouse fix a long time ago by now .

so yeah , it's kinda risky but more importantly , pointless.

please make a Official Mouse Fix Patch, i dont want to get banned for this.

i have everytime problems with my mousespeed / feeling.

Edited by TackoGirl

1 hour ago, Ketog said:

They fixed the mouse fix a long time ago by now .

so yeah , it's kinda risky but more importantly , pointless.

And how exactly was it fixed since if you check the default BaseInput.ini all the acceleration is still there by default ?

Default values:

LookRightScale=300

LookUpScale=-250

Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=100")
Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=100")

Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX")
Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY")

Edited by Thial

Placebo... im pretty sure it isn't because i have not been able to achieve that 1:1 mouse movement without it. however i think i am going to give it a go with the stock settings once more just to see.

if it is just a placebo then i got alot of messing around with my sensitivity to do.

2 hours ago, Thial said:

And how exactly was it fixed since if you check the default BaseInput.ini all the acceleration is still there by default ?

Default values:

LookRightScale=300

LookUpScale=-250

The only variable that does something is Speed=, everything else is useless. Even that does what it say it does - alters the scaling factor. The in-game option disables mouse smoothing. This fix isn't needed.

This literally hasn't worked for 4 years, kek.

13 hours ago, Thial said:

Default values:

LookRightScale=300

LookUpScale=-250

it's not because it's there that it serves a purpose , any devlopper could disable it , ifyou watch other config files , there's options for freecam modes and all that stuff that isn't enabled in the game  , there's also XBox bindings with half of them working correctly .

also there's a texture file for the convertible in the game files , yet it's outdated and has no reason to be there . there's just so much stuff in apb that's there and doesn't serve a purpose , and this "mouse fix" is one of them ,

it was effective before , but now it does nothing AND supposedly puts you at a risk .

so be honest with yourself , would you rather keep your placebo and have a chance to be banned , or just not use it and play exactly the same without the ban chance 😐

3 hours ago, Ketog said:

it's not because it's there that it serves a purpose , any devlopper could disable it , ifyou watch other config files , there's options for freecam modes and all that stuff that isn't enabled in the game  , there's also XBox bindings with half of them working correctly .

also there's a texture file for the convertible in the game files , yet it's outdated and has no reason to be there . there's just so much stuff in apb that's there and doesn't serve a purpose , and this "mouse fix" is one of them ,

it was effective before , but now it does nothing AND supposedly puts you at a risk .

so be honest with yourself , would you rather keep your placebo and have a chance to be banned , or just not use it and play exactly the same without the ban chance 😐

Gonna test it today and see if it's just a placebo.

So I've tested it back and forth, back and forth for about 30 minutes. Did some flicking between pedestrians and world objects on an empty gold district. It could be just my setup or because of the 58 fps vsync trick I'm using but with the mouse fix my flicks are more on point, the input feels lighter, not that there is input lag or anything but it just feels more raw and responsive. Without the mouse fix my flicks were ending up too short or too long and the input felt a little bit heavier, more clunky as if the input was being smoothened out in some way (mouse smoothing off). You can still keep saying that it's just a placebo but I definitely feel a slight difference in how responsive the input is with mouse fix.

"Works on my machine!"

• Like 1

It's not about that. Because of my muscle memory my hand knows exactly how much to flick after years of playing with the same settings. Without the mouse fix my flicks magically felt a lot more clunky. It's not very apparent in fast and wide flicks but becomes more visible with micro adjustments. The input feels like something is holding it down a bit when I'm not using the mouse fix, while with the mouse fix it feels fully responsive at all times.

Edited by Thial

That is called placebo my friend, from a technical standpoint this "fix" does nothing and hasn't done anything for years.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, indi said:

That is called placebo my friend, from a technical standpoint this "fix" does nothing and hasn't done anything for years.

You keep saying it yet more and more players keep confirming after testing that there is a slight difference in responsiveness. Even one of my friends on steam just wrote to me that there is definitely a small difference.

Edited by Thial

I haven’t noticed any issues with mouse accel in years. Prob just placebo like everybody else mentioned who knows 

2 hours ago, Thial said:

You keep saying it yet more and more players keep confirming after testing that there is a slight difference in responsiveness. Even one of my friends on steam just wrote to me that there is definitely a small difference.

10 hours ago, indi said:

Why not test it scientifically?

Give players two different settings, and a control group where the settings stay the same.

Compare the outcomes.

Scientific method my friends, helps to test a hypothesis without being possibly skewed due to a placebo.

I will leave an article about Sources of Error during any experimentation.

https://www2.southeastern.edu/Academics/Faculty/rallain/plab193/labinfo/Error_Analysis/06_Sources_of_Error.html

Also, saying "more and more players keep confirming after testing." Ok, who? I don't see many people here stating that it does work, only a small amount, and few people saying it does, while others, also a few, say it doesn't.

Personally, I've never seen any issues with mouse acceleration for the last couple years. Considering I haven't played in a year, and I suck, but everything feels normal to me.

12 minutes ago, Thial said:

i dont think you understand just how powerful the placebo effect is lol

unless these people are having someone else edit their game files, its impossible to do an objective test of this

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thial said:

who are those "more" ons?

Sign in to follow this