xXOopiesXx

OSMAW Suggestion

Hey, I wanted to share my opinion and I was thinking, not a lot of people mention anything about the OSMAW, but I feel that the OSMAW needs some work done on it. For example ALL PEDESTRIAN CARS should be able to be blown up with 1 rocket missile. Like there's no reason for a pedestrian's Van, Pickup Truck, or a Low Rider to survive the missile of an OSMAW, like that doesn't make any sense. Maybe big vehicles like the Pioneer, Seiyo, Blue Armored Truck, and The Dump Truck are vehicles that I can understand can survive a 1 shot, but vehicles like :        

Dolton Fresno (Low Rider)

Dolton Montane (Pickup Truck)

Packer Ceresco (Van)

Patriot Vegas G20

Vegas 4x4

---------------------------------------------

All the vehicles listed above are cars that survive and OSMAW missile and are vehicles that SHOULD be BLOWN up with 1 missile.   

I also feel that the ('BLAST RADIUS' and 'DAMAGE') on an OSMAW should be EXTENDED because 'landing the rocket as close to the feet as possible' in order to kill someone is hard to do for some players and more likely going to be highly challenging to get a Rocket Launcher kill without an assist. I understand they didn't make the OSMAW in APB to be to realistic, but there is 'NO REASON' why a 'WORK VAN, LOW RIDER, PICKUP TRUCK, or even a VEGAS 4x4' can be still standing after being hit by a missile EVEN IF it has MODIFICATIONS. Just makes no sense and causes confusion for new players. OR IF ANYBODY MANAGES TO DIRECT SHOT A VEHICLE IT SHOULD BLOW UP NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF VEHICLE IS IT, UNLESS ITS A DUMP TRUCK OR BLUE ARMORED TRUCK. Feel free to argue :) 

f2p explosives are currently balanced very well, please do not touch them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All explosive weapons excluding that one screechy boi from armas are balanced perfectly.

Before they nerfed the osmaw once again, you could blow up most vehicles with one shot.

Tthe only vehicles that could survive a OSMAW shot were the Pioneer and the Espacio, which began smoking when hit.

The two vegas variants started burning once hit by a rocket. Everything else was one shotted.

... though I wouldn't mind if they'd go back and remove the wind-up timer. It makes literally no sense balance wise and was only a band-aid fix to stop people from insta-shooting after jumping out of cars.

//Edit: Lowering the health of civilian cars and leaving personal vehicles stronger just makes things a lot more confusing and inconsistent.

Edited by GhosT
edit
  • Like 2

Always though that Vegas had a ridicule amount of HP, having just 250 Points less than a Seiyo/Pioneer, and being the faster car in the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GhosT said:

All explosive weapons excluding that one screechy boi from armas are balanced perfectly

i think the EOL line is a bit lackluster

5 minutes ago, GhosT said:

... though I wouldn't mind if they'd go back and remove the wind-up timer. It makes literally no sense balance wise and was only a band-aid fix to stop people from insta-shooting after jumping out of cars.

the windup makes perfect sense, since it eliminates the only instakill that apb had

it wasn’t just for the old car trick either, the windup also prevented the (very popular) use of the osmaw as a 7m radius quickswitch in cqc firefights 

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i think the EOL line is a bit lackluster

the windup makes perfect sense, since it eliminates the only instakill that apb had

it wasn’t just for the old car trick either, the windup also prevented the (very popular) use of the osmaw as a 7m radius quickswitch in cqc firefights 

Equip and travel time is a thing, so it's not a insta kill. I don't see what's wrong about the old OSMAW being able to insta kill, you had to be almost dead on target and sacrificed a lot in order to use it.

The CQC panic suicide is also easily fixed by a higher equip time (which it currently has) and a safe zone so the rocket doesn't explode, like it does with actual rocket launchers.

//Edit: Yeah, EOL could use some adjustments. Removal of windup, for example.

Edited by GhosT
eol notes
  • Like 2

the only thing I hate about non-armas explosives is that it actually cannot oneshot a fullhealth vegas, and EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHERS uses a vegas.

• Like 1

I can't say that about much weapons but I think explosives weapons are the most balanced class of weapons right now.

2 hours ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

the only thing I hate about non-armas explosives is that it actually cannot oneshot a fullhealth vegas, and EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHERS uses a vegas.

Oddly I kind of feel like that is a good thing? In a few ways.

I feel it provides more dynamic gameplay in that it is not just one shot and done. It creates a staging effect in combat that forces players to react different when getting hit; this moves the gunplay through a number of vehicular and on foot stages rather than ending it with one shot. It allows both players to have more facets of gameplay.

It also leaves a space for other hard damage guns like LMGs to not be left in the dark.

Though I am probably over thinking it and talking out my patootie.

Leave the bad rebalancing ideas to me. We only need one person suggesting them thank you very much

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

18 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Oddly I kind of feel like that is a good thing? In a few ways.

I feel it provides more dynamic gameplay in that it is not just one shot and done. It creates a staging effect in combat that forces players to react different when getting hit; this moves the gunplay through a number of vehicular and on foot stages rather than ending it with one shot. It allows both players to have more facets of gameplay.

It also leaves a space for other hard damage guns like LMGs to not be left in the dark.

Though I am probably over thinking it and talking out my patootie.

You are overthinking because if your enemy is using a machinna calabria or basiaclly any civilian car except the fresno, there is no such stagng effect or facets or gameplay.

No. everything works fine . you do not take into account the ability of modifications that can be installed on the machine.

I like how OP started to dislike each comment not meeting his opinion... Nice. Next one-sided thread. Shoo.

I could see some vehicles health being tweaked slightly as a potentially good thing. Enough that they are in a rougher state after taking a beating. Yet not to the point of outright exploding like they once used to. Even then I'm extremely iffy on that idea. There's a good reason why vehicle health was buffed ages ago. It was downright annoying.

I'm mostly wholly against any kind of buff to the OSMAW. It is in a very, very good state right now. It's got niche uses with some minor potential outside of that if one truly wishes to do so. The downsides work, and yeah. I don't want to see something that is right where it should be ruined just because. 

The only thing I would change is allow players to purchase a permanent OSMAW so they don't have to remember to rent it. It's still inferior to the Volcano.

Lmao, a noob asking for a stronger noob tube.

Yeah when I was a kid I too wanted an "I win" button.

If you're gonna argue "realism" and that cars should explode in one rocket then people should die in one bullet, and grenade be at least five time more deadly...

Alas, this is a game, and fun is more important than realism. If you want realism maybe try the foreign legion ??

Where is the fun in oneshotting every single vehicle? You just want to mark your territory or something idk, but there's no fun in getting OS'd. And there is no fun in OSing either, no skill needed, no competition, decision making or really anything involved.

I mean yeah, the vegas is bonkers with that much health, especially since it drives better than other speed cars like the cisco, bishada, growl etc... AND it has hp and ramming?

But the thing is the reason why most people use pioneer/espacio/vegas is because they don't want to be OS'd by OSMAW. At least a concussion grenade has very limited range and requires good timing, while you can just get car surfer and turn any friendly car into a death machine.

Not to mention, there's armor you can put on the car to protect against LMG, which does nothing against explosive weapons AFAIK. And as far as your "civilian car" argument goes... these are not civilian cars dude, do you really think that two factions at war using assault rifles, machine guns and stuff would use any normal car and not mod the hell out of them? Reactive armor isn't even that expensive. Don't know what it is? well, google it.

Also, rockets stopped being just high explosive and became shaped charge during WWII. So compared to other weapon it can be argued the OSMAW is too effective, especially against people. Well, at least as far as health damage goes, I don't mind the stamina damage being doubled though, explosive tend to damage inner tissues and stuff even if you appear unnafected, not to mention the damage done to the ears...

As for the EOL, yeah it's mostly shit.

Deep impact is the best because it is the most ammo efficient so less time spent reloading, only one shot so sprinting doesn't interrupt the attack and longest range (which is still only 2/3rd of the OGPL). It's good against cars, with percs it can be efficient in close combat too, but you need to shoot it on the ground and set up "traps" and use your secondary to finish off enemies because it won't 1HK.

The hammer is pure shit, beyond saving.

The kickback is a mixed bag, some people like it better than the deep impact, but it has a shorter range, and has fewer "shots" (deep impact has 1+8, kickback has 3 +14 so it can shoot its full magazine 5 times total, almost half of the deep impact). I'd guess it has a bigger radius, but due to the very limited magazine and range I never use mine. The windup time makes it impossible to shoot while sprinting as well! which makes it rubbish!

The other problem is the cost of ammo, which makes the deep impact even more viable in comparison imo. But the limited range and weak few ammo is what really makes them sub-par.

Deep impact has 8910 damage total, kickback has 8625 total, while OPGL has 16000 total, almost double.

While cars have too much health, the OSMAW is too strong as well, both need to be taken down a notch; with some compensation. Something like 75% of the damage down and more ammo plus halving/removal of windup time for the OSMAW. It would also make bullet proof mod for the car more viable? Right now its only purpose is to mess with low levels who haven't unlocked explosive weapons yet ...

TL;DR It's the OSMAW users' fault for making the game less fun and forcing everyone to use high health car; and if you nerf the cars, you'd also need to nerf the OSMAW.

Volcano is stupidly strong though, definitely needs a nerf, and I'm saying that as someone who got one from a golden box.

But hey, maybe with the new engine you'll be able to flip cars on the side with an OSMAW? Anyway I don't think you should be able to one shot every single player owned cars in a TEAM BASED game ... but that's just my opinion, right? Although I'm sure most will agree on some level.

Edited by Onadan
  • Like 1

I hate the 2 seconds it takes to shoot the OSMAW.

Seeing as they have buffed the cars can we have the normal OSMAW back?